+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

3 Year Sponsor- money ??? Confused

LindaB

Nov 17, 2010
Listen, I know you are all pro-immigrant. So, I know I'm not winning votes here. However, I don't think the gov would be so stupid....

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
LindaB said:
Listen, I know you are all pro-immigrant. So, I know I'm not winning votes here. However, I don't think the gov would be so stupid....

It isnt the government that is stupid in this case. CLEARLY

LindaB

Nov 17, 2010
Listen, I know I don't have to give him a penny. His father has money. He is broke true, but he can get a job.... so maybe he will run dry soon...he can get a job and he needs to drop his ass out of school

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
LindaB said:
Listen, I know I don't have to give him a penny. His father has money. He is broke true, but he can get a job.... so maybe he will run dry soon...he can get a job and he needs to drop his ass out of school
Do you HONESTLY not GET the document that you signed.... can you be that clueless that you sponsored someone without understanding what you were doing? When you sponsored him did your parents not caution you against it?

the fact of the matter is it doesnt matter who has money.... YOU and only YOU signed a contract with the government that you would support this person... if you dont get THAT then there is nothing anyone can do for you...

Children change emotion as quickly as they change their underpants these days... maybe next time you will think a little harder before you make a huge decision

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
Assuming this isn't just a very good troll, which is what my gut told me when I saw the OP...

It's obvious from your (rather immature) posts that you did not even bother to fully take in and grasp the seriousness of what you were doing when you signed a LEGAL agreement stating that you would sponsor him and support him for 3 years. Considering what real families go through at the hands of immigration, it's a real crying shame that someone who wasn't even taking the system seriously was able to squeak through like this.

Be that as it may, you have been given your answers. There is nothing more to gain from going around in circles like this. Please just stop posting. No one here is going to sympathize with you. You knew (or damn well should have known) what you were doing when you signed the agreement to sponsor him. You've made your bed; time to grow up and lie in it.

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
I`m so sorry, but I had a blast reading through all the comments. Seriously, you have to grow up girl, take the responsibility for your actions, stop crying and stop posting here. It really is a shame to read you while others make real sacrifices to be with their families.

Oil Sand Guy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
heatherusa said:
It isnt the government that is stupid in this case. CLEARLY
heatherusa

I like your above comment.
May I just remind you with your own advice about me.......? You advised others NOT to FEED the T****

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
Oil Sand Guy said:
heatherusa

I like your above comment.
May I just remind you with your own advice about me.......? You advised others NOT to FEED the T****
Who says I was talking about you when I said that?

waitingintz

Jul 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2010
Doc's Request.
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
24-08-2010
Med's Done....
22-06-2010
Interview........
waived!!
Passport Req..
16-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22/02/2011
LANDED..........
19-5-2011 (hopefully!)
This is ridiculous...

Linda: the only place to find the answers you are looking for is to contact the welfare branch in your province and ask them exactly what he is eligible to receive. No, he cannot just ask for whatever he wants from welfare. Yes, he has to prove he is applying for work. No, the goverment will not pay his student fees while paying his welfare. If you want to know where you stand, stop wasting time on this forum, do some research and find out the welfare laws. If you are not happy with that, speak with a lawyer.

If you are not happy with the comments you recieve here GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! Clearly none of us are experts, we just try to help eachother from our experiences. If you think everyone on here is wrong... go ask someone else.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LindaB said:
I don't get it............I really don't get this law. It's stupid. So this immigrant can f @ ck me right up because I found out I was happier wihtout him ..
It is because you signed a legal document.
IMHO I would be careful using the word "immigrant" in the tone that you do.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heatherusa said:
Sucks to be a grown up - doesnt it...
She has not got there yet.

LindaB said:
WRONG, you signed a legal agreement with the Government.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some tuff love around here... I love it! I think this lady still loves this guy and have no idea how to get back with him.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beauhoe said:
Some tuff love around here... I love it! I think this lady stil love this guy and have no idea how to get back to him.
I think not ;)

The story changes all the time, the replies are child like, we have someone who does not understand the responsibilities she has taken on, and does not want to listen to sensible answers.

Or an entertaining troll, who is just plain derogatory to immigrants.

I am now officially bored of this thread.

bood82

Nov 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2010
ok this thread is totally clear,

as you where sponsoring him you have to for 3 years give him,

- an adequate place to live
- appropriate utilities for their accommodation
- adequate food, clothing, household supplies and personal requirements for day to day living
- Dental care, eye care and other health services not provided by public health care.
- financial assistance to ensure financial support is not required from any federal or provincial assistance program.

and as it states in the letter you have to support him even if he is unable or UNWILLING to support himself.

This has nothing to do if his dad or someone else has money or not, you signed this all so youre resposible for him.

as clear as that.

on another note, yeah its sad if things don t work out, but if you break it up that easily you have to take resposibility for your actions.

cheers