+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

3 Year Sponsor- money ??? Confused

LindaB

Nov 17, 2010
I know he will...he hates that I left him for someone else. He wants to screw us...he is using this as an excuse for me to take him back.

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
LindaB said:
I know he will...he hates that I left him for someone else. He wants to screw us...he is using this as an excuse for me to take him back.
How much time is left on the sponsorship?

S

serenifly

I suggest some sort of counseling a lot of benefit plans offer it for free ... It's a serious situation if he does, and you owe the government they will garnish your wages, either solo counseling or couple counseling, it could get nasty, and it doesn't sound like you have a good attitude at all .... about it

sounds like you still have two years left which at 1000$ a month in welfare will cost you at least 48,000$ ... a down payment on a house

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
I'm no Dr. Phil, but I think it'd be far more economical for you to reconcile your relationship with him. And who knows, maybe you can rekindle those old feelings once again. The catch is that both of you have to want it.

S

serenifly

Pharoh said:
I'm no Dr. Phil, but I think it'd be far more economical for you to reconcile your relationship with him. And who knows, maybe you can rekindle those old feelings once again. The catch is that both of you have to want it.
To quote Good ol Dr Phil

"Would you rather be right, or would you rather be happy"

I live by that! haha

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Each province is different, I would expect that $600 - $800 a month is more likely. Either way it is a lot of money.

The sort of support available - as an example in Ottawa:
http://www.ottawa.ca/residents/efa/living_costs/index_en.html

He would actually be in a better position if he worked, it depends on how much pain he wanted to endure just to mess with you.

You actually committed to support him, cover medical, the whole nine yards, so it is not only about welfare.

If you have no job or money, then I guess that the government will want the money when you start to work.

You are likely to be notified if he claims anything, but you can also check with the city where you live or the province where social assistance is offered.

You need to be nice and negotiate with him, so he will work and not claim.
If not, it is likely to be a costly lesson you will learn.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
At 23 you should have known better. You must have sponsored him as a common law partner, which means you lived together in a marriage like relationship before sponsorship.

Then you say, after one year you dumped him.

Sorry, lets say living together one year, sponsorship approval from start to finish 6 - 12 months.....so in all that time you didn't realize what the guy was like? OK, I may be way off track but I am guessing this was either a scam relationship (father is rich so paid the girl lots of money) which went horrible wrong, in which case you deserve every penny the government claws back from you....or this post is just a wind up.

Either way, I expect oodles of negative karma.....but don`t care. This post SUCKS.....and does not help all those struggling people going through hell to be with their loved ones.

LindaB

Nov 17, 2010
okay- so if this guy beats me up and slaps me upside down he still has the potential to ruin me?

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
LindaB said:
okay- so if this guy beats me up and slaps me upside down he still has the potential to ruin me?
Yes...but you have the potential to call the police, get him arrested, charged, sentenced and possibly deported.

LindaB

Nov 17, 2010
Well- he has never done that. But he has been a bad boyfriend after the breakup. Calling me all these names and stuff like that. Because he is angry- he was so rude to me.......saying he would sleep with this girl and all of that. Does that mean he can do what he wants. ???

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
You have broken up!!!!!!!!!!....He can sleep with whom ever he wants....

Look the point is....you sponsored him....you signed a legal paper....you support him for 3 years...you cannot get out of it....get ya big girls panties on and start being nice to him...or pay up....its simple...he has every right to claim welfare as a PR and the government has every right to claim it back from you for the first 3 years...

There is nothing you can say or do....unless he has committed a crime, punishable by at least 24 months in jail (in which case he can be deported), you are responsible for his welfare for 3 years.

Seriously, nobody on this forum has any more information for you, than you have already been given. You start multiply threads, asking the same question and you keep getting the same answers.

If you have not realized right now that you are stuck in this situation, then I really think that your school should start giving you basic knowledge lessons.

I am sorry to sound so harsh but by your own accounts, you lived off him for 3 years in Poland in a good life, when you got back to Canada it appears he could not give you the same good life, so you dumped him.

There are people on this forum that have been apart from their loved ones for years!!!.......and you post this nonsense......

Please, I do not normally respond to this kind of thread, as it makes me more than angry but your stupidity and down right disregard for those going through this whole tortuous process, just makes me want to vent.

LindaB

Nov 17, 2010
Okay- let's say he doens't have nay money and I have none. How is the total determined of what he can collect. Right now he has no income and maybe a couple of thousand in the bank? This is making me sick. So when he says he need $100 for food a week, how is that right....he could eat on $50.... I mean who justifies the total of anything.

He has a nice apartment, I have to pay for that when he could live in a hole. I mean- I don't understand this ..... how does this make sense. So, I have to live off my parents and he lives off welfare at my expense.

LindaB

Nov 17, 2010
Listen, I feel out of love. The guy has a rich dad...why doesn't his dad help him out. He is telling me that he will not take his dad money, because his dad should not have to cought up anything for the trouble I've put him through. So, instead he is going to screw me.

I don't get it............I really don't get this law. It's stupid. So this immigrant can f@ck me right up because I found out I was happier wihtout him ..

LindaB

Nov 17, 2010
and for all those three years I had a good life in Poland he treated me like shit a lot. He has this weird mood swings ..........I thought I loved him and thought he would chance and sponsered him

LindaB

Nov 17, 2010
i came here - he had got depressed seem not to care about me and wanted to move on. HE walked out really...I didn't kick him out...but once he walked out I told him over you fool :) and made new friends and got over him in no time. In no time. So what if the punk called me crying..I didn't feel sorry for him. I didn't care at all. Now he wants money to live in a nice place and wants me to feed him...hell he better get out of school and get a job at walamart