+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Your PR application is taking too long? READ THIS! Find out why. Make it go faster!

Jolbean

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
Oh yeah, Lileka, forgot to mention resources. There are other stuff I wanted to add, but the forum does not let me edit the initial posts.

To others, if you want to know more about resources and bureaucracy, read this:
https://www.quora.com/Why-is-CIC-so-slow-and-what-are-their-employees-doing-all-day

But Lileka: if resources are fixed, regardless of the variation in budget every year, complex applications still cost more time. It eats resources.

If we could come up with a general formula, it would be something like this:

Pt = S + C - R

Where:
Pt = Processing time
S = number of Simple applications
C = Complex applicantions
R = Resources available (people, computers, $, etc)

Since the total number of applicants = S + C, each C takes the place of 1 S. And if the budget is fixed at the beggining of every year, and the processing time in 2018 is increasing since January, from 14 to 19 months, it could have been caused by complex applications draining resources.

Because, as mentioned in the link above, Immigration is not Canada's top priority, and now we have the asylum seeker crisis to compete with regular immigrants, even if there is a budget review and they can see the processing time is too high, nothing will be done until 2019, because of elections.
paper base application takes time,

Echattea

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Hello All
I recived this request for my wife.
Someone in the same boat.....

"Please send a photocopy of a passport that currently has a validity date beyond 6,months.
Your visa cannot be issued until receipt of the requested copy of a valid passport.
Please note " Do not submit original passports until iRCC requests them...

Thanks

Echattea

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
After sending the copy of the passport, the status changed to "Follow up". Does anyone know what this means?

Nosykes

Jul 24, 2020
Hi guys, I've got it finally.

Application submitted March 2018.
Yesterday I've got a phone call from one officer, he asked me some questions. And then he announced that I am now Canadian PR.

It was a very long journey but I am glad I made it. So keep the hope!
Wow congratulations!!!
did you receive the golden email after the call?

Reactions: Sebastian2003