+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Your PR application is taking too long? READ THIS! Find out why. Make it go faster!

Echattea

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Hello

We have 24 months waiting.....
AOR March 2018
Medicals pas April 2019
AOR ( Schedule A and Resume) September 2019
They told me that their still working on
security....
Some one in the same situation?》

shipping

Oct 5, 2017
Hello

AOR March 2018
Medicals pas April 2019
AOR ( Schedule A and Resume) September 201
security....
Some one in the same
Hello

AOR March 2018
Medicals pas April 2019
AOR ( Schedule A and Resume) September 2019
security....
Some one in the same situation?》
Thats terrible. Sorry to hear. U r OID? What province? Have u order gcms note? So the medical cert must be renew? What visa office? I am awating for 1 year also... :(

Echattea

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Thats terrible. Sorry to hear. U r OID? What province? Have u order gcms note? So the medical cert must be renew? What visa office? I am awating for 1 year also... :(
ODI??
Winnipeg.
No Gcms yet
Medical will expire on April 2020
My file is in Sydney Canada

Reactions: SergioH

jimmybelinda

Oct 14, 2018
Hi Tommy! My wife and I are really worried about our pnp application. We've waited 18month since aug 16 2018. I received two letters last June and July 2019 requesting more documents, but I submitted them within 2 weeks. I also have some health issues (medical cost is around 18K/YEAR). My medical exam has been processed more than 7 months, and we still don't know if we pass the medical exam or not. Do you think I still have a chance to get my application approved? How long should I need to wait to get a final decision? I think I total fucked up:(

vis.sneha

Sep 17, 2019
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-11-2019
AOR Received.
27-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-01-2020
This was created under the provincial nomination program sub-forum because the PR processing time for paper-based nominees, especially for INLAND applicants, takes too long, and it is now taking 19 months (average). It floats from 14 to 19. Since this is the longest time of all the streams, people get anxious about their application.

Now, first you have to understand that, THE REASONS WHY YOUR APPLICATION IS TAKING TOO LONG ARE SUPER SIMPLE, don't freak out about your case.

If your question was already answered on this topic or if you didn't read this thoroughly, I will not answer your question and I ask other good-hearted users to not reply to them either, since if a person doesn't read the whole topic and come here all selfish and lazy shouting in capitals "everyone PLZ HELP, I NEED ANOTHER PAIR OF EYES ON THIS, HI, I'M NEW HERE AND I'M A XXXNP APPLICANT FROM YESTERDAY, MY CASE IS THIS _____(INSERT OFF TOPIC AND UNNECESSARILY DETAILED LONG CASE HERE, PROBABLY COPIED AND PASTED FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE)____, HOW LONG WILL THIS TAKE, HELP MEEEE, HEY HERE (SEND PRIVATE MESSAGE TO EVERYONE) BLABLABLA", they should learn that this is not a forum of free consultation, and that the best way to immigrate is to learn and do it yourself instead of throwing your money in the hands of someone else to take care of a matter as important as your future, and if you, like me, have been around for about a year, you probably have seen a lawyer or consultant screwing up someone else's life, and you have probably heard that good laywers and consultants.

I will follow up by posts, so, know that I will be quite frank on some points later on. I will talk about what I have seen.

Lets started with some factors...

Related topics:
My application for permanent residency is taking very long time and ...
How long will it take to process my application?
MY CEC PR Application taking long time - Please Need an Advice ...
Why is CIC so slow and what are their employees doing all day?
Canadian Immigration Processing Times: How Long Does it Take?
Permanent residence application advice

Canadian Immigration Paper based nomination too long

Hello,

I got ADR for spouse Japan PCC on 16 Jan'20 and deadline to submit is 16 Mar'20. I got PCC today and will be submitting by 04 Mar'20. I would like to know if this will delay my application timeline. Will the application be kept on hold or will other aspects be checked when ARD is awaited?

Echattea

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Hi All
Do you have news news?
25 months waiting, my medical exams will expire on April 16 ..... .....
I received my notes from Gcms and realized that we have been under RCMP evaluation since September 2019 .....

Does anyone know if this is "Security" or security is apart?

medical pass
Eligibility pass
criminality pass
security is blank

td88

Aug 8, 2019
Hi there, I am nominated by Nova Scotia Province.I am now preparing paper for PR application to send to the CIO in Sydney. I have been living in Canada since 2017, I am from Vietnam. I have my Vietnam Criminal Records here already. Do i need to include Canada Criminal Record or not? (I did criminal record for PR in the police office in Nova Scotia but have not received the result).

What i found on canada.ca is

"If you and your family members are 18 years of age and older and aren’t permanent residents or Canadian citizens, you must provide a valid police certificate for any country other than Canada in which you spent 6 or more months in a row since the age of 18.

Note: You do not need to provide a police certificate from a country if you or your family members were under 18 years of age the entire time you lived in that country."

and also
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html
states that
"Applying for permanent residence
You don’t need to provide a police certificate when you apply for permanent residence in Canada."

So i am confused.

Last edited:

Kent.vaan

Nov 29, 2015
Hi there, I am nominated by Nova Scotia Province.I am now preparing paper for PR application to send to the CIO in Sydney. I have been living in Canada since 2017, I am from Vietnam. I have my Vietnam Criminal Records here already. Do i need to include Canada Criminal Record or not? (I did criminal record for PR in the police office in Nova Scotia but have not received the result).

What i found on canada.ca is

"If you and your family members are 18 years of age and older and aren’t permanent residents or Canadian citizens, you must provide a valid police certificate for any country other than Canada in which you spent 6 or more months in a row since the age of 18.

Note: You do not need to provide a police certificate from a country if you or your family members were under 18 years of age the entire time you lived in that country."

and also
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html
states that
"Applying for permanent residence
You don’t need to provide a police certificate when you apply for permanent residence in Canada."

So i am confused.
No, you don't need to include Canada Criminal Record in your PR application. However, you may be asked later on (when IRCC processed your application), so it is good that you have asked Police office in Nova Scotia for this criminal record, that it will be available if you are asked to submit.

ipaykwai

Aug 10, 2013
manila
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
-06-2019
Nomination.....
-02-2019
AOR Received.
-06-2019
Med's Request
10-2019
Passport Req..
14-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2022
LANDED..........
2-04-2022
Is it accurate or true that when the application passed in eligibility stage, everything will be fine? What I mean is because in other stage like criminal, security, background stage, of course as long you know to yourself that you are a good,law-abiding citizen and not participating in any groups involving anti-government thing or committing human rights violation (which is impossible if you are just plain citizen), and in medical, if you confident that you are 100% healthy. Because in my opinion, eligibility is the most stage that it is not easy o comply. Any thoughts? thanks.

Sebastian2003

Aug 2, 2020
27 months and still waiting.
Application started processing April 2018.
Police certificat Dec 2019
Medical requested and submitted Feb 2020.
Got a phone call from IRCC to check something last month.
Nothing then... :(

I am desperated!

Echattea

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018

I am desperated!
Same like me aplication started March 2018 and still waiting.....

Reactions: Sebastian2003

Pure Soul

Aug 10, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sgvo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018
Doc's Request.
09-08-2018
Nomination.....
04-10-2018
AOR Received.
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...

I am desperated!
Why desperate. Even though you had PR you may not be able to travel because if covid. Even though you could travel you may not be able to find job due to covid. Now is time to wait and watch and that's what they are doing. Your application may be already approved just wait and watch.
Many people are holding Co-pr since long and can't travel so what's the difference?