+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Your PR application is taking too long? READ THIS! Find out why. Make it go faster!

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
I am an inland applicant.
App received- 24 oct 2017
Aor in jan
Mr - may 2018
I can see my status changed to descion made online.
When i call cic the automated service saysbackground check in process.
I haven’t received any ppr email.
Is it normal?
What are my chances of getting through?
This is not the thread for you. Your application is in normal processing time.

Reactions: S3ns0r

candefy0825

May 11, 2018
Dear TommySan,

I am PNP December 2016 inland applicant with spouse. Got medical request in Jan 2018 and additional documents of CV in March 2018. Since then, nothing at all. Do you think it is a better idea that my spouse start EE application with me as independent? Thanks.

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
Dear TommySan,

I am PNP December 2016 inland applicant with spouse. Got medical request in Jan 2018 and additional documents of CV in March 2018. Since then, nothing at all. Do you think it is a better idea that my spouse start EE application with me as independent? Thanks.
Independent?
No, terrible idea. If you sent the CV, and you dont see any issue with you own aplication, then everything is all right, it is just slow and they needed a new additional document that should have been checked by now.

As in the 1st post: Every additional document delays de application by about 2 months. People from July are being called now. Documents where they need to verify University or employment history may take longer.

Last edited:

S3ns0r

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
Doc's Request.
20-01-2017, 26-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
31-07-2018
Med's Request
07-11-2017 ; 21-12-2018
Med's Done....
15-11-2017 ; 03-01-2019
Interview........
21-02-2019
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2019
LANDED..........
inland applicant
Geez! That is basically a new application. They went too hard on you.

Did you send them everything?

If you have no english test because it is not mandatory, consider taking one and sending it too, along with additional docs that may have expired, like police checks.
Yes pretty much everything they asked except med exam because it was done recently, police certs. I know eh? they had requested so many docs.

BTW is CIC website is down? I can't log in

Last edited:
Reactions: TommySan

candefy0825

May 11, 2018
Independent?
No, terrible idea. If you sent the CV, and you dont see any issue with you own aplication, then everything is all right, it is just slow and they need a new additional document that should have been checked by now.

As in the 1st post: Every additional document delays de application by about 2 months. People from July are being called now. Documents where they need to verify University or employment history may take longer.
Thank you so much.

Aziz123

Oct 8, 2018
Additional documents request - ADR:
-Did you answer yes to all the questions before you proceed?
-Did you get an ADR?

If you answered yes but got an ADR, you either made a mistake or should have answered NO. This is already a sign that you are prone to have your application taking longer. ADRs are either sent because your documentation was incomplete, or because you were not careful enough and made a mistake.

Got and ADR? Do what they request as soon as possible. If your application is honest, I don't see any reason why additional documents should take too long. Therefore, send it in less than 30 days or you will raise flags. That will severely delay your application. Even if you are too busy to do it, work overtime, don't sleep, drink more coffee or red bull. Use the web form. Link your application to your myCIC profile (leave the city your were born blank, some required fields with asterisks are not actually required). Then check if they received.

CIC will always send a receipt of additional documentation and if you went ahead and did or got an ADR, there will be a message in your profile page. If you did not get the message, they did not get it, upload it again, better safe than sorry.

Each ADR will delay your application in about 2 months.

Change in personal information or update to sent documents:
-Had a new baby?
-Changed address?
-Change jobs?
-Traveled abroad?
-Married or divorced?
-Got a new phone number?
-Got a new degree?*

That means the documents you sent need to be updated. If you didn't know that, go back a few steps, read about it above, but I will link this again.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=021&top=4

That part that says "tell us of any changes to the personal information on your application, such as changes to your" means that you have to tell them of any change. Any. And that you have to click on the link, Anyway: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=43&top=4
If you live in Canada and went to the US for a black Friday border crossing shopping spree, even for 24 hours, don't you new stamps in your passport? And didn't you have to send pictures of all the pages or list all the countries you visited and lived in, with the date of the stamps? Well, then you have a new stamp and that means a new Schedule A must be uploaded.

Use the web form.

Don't wait for them to ask for additional documents. at the moment you step in your new house, update your driver's license address immediately and tell CIC.

Upload your new docs asap, because if the agent sees the original documents and the updated documents, he/she will not send an ADR and you will save about 2 months!

Now, some cases will really delay your application. We'll talk about it in the mistakes, but if you go to Canada, tell them your spouse is not coming with you, but after you got the PR, you want to sponsor him/her to come from your previous country, after staying 4 years apart, and you can't prove you dated before, that will raise flags. Likewise, if your application is in process, you then add a spouse, maybe because you two weren't married before, the application took too long that you got married in between, well, that will raise flags, but sending proof of marriage is not a problem, after all, who doesn't have a signed document, pictures of the marriage, of, because marriage parties are super expensive, even or pictures of you two together, drinking a coke together, don't hesitate to send it along with a plethora of proof that will not leave a shadow of doubt.
Read these article about marriage and judgment issues:
https://ottawacitizen.com/opinion/columnists/ashby-proof-of-love-is-not-as-simple-as-immigration-officials-would-have-it
https://www.thespec.com/news-story/5634913-liars-or-in-love-detecting-marriage-fraud-in-canada-called-racist-and-offensive-/
https://www.odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/facing-deportation-after-officials-question-marriage

*If the application takes about 2 years to be processed and your 17 yo son finished high school, I don't believe you have to tell them because they can figure it out, but I don't see a reason not to.

Change in nomination conditions
This one is complex, so I will not talk about it too much. It goes on a case by case basis.

In summary, legally, if the conditions of your nomination change, you lost your nomination. You should contact your province AND CIC (yes, both) immediately. Some factors will apply, such as your economical success, trying to find a new job or getting it in the same NOC or similar as fast as possible if your nomination was based on employment and locked to the employer. It may also weigh in your favor is how long it took to process your application. It is natural to look for new positions, to try to go up in life, or even to be bothered by your boss, creating a difficult relationship, and then you have to quit. This is NORMAL! And they know that, in 2 years, you may have a fight with your boss.

What is not normal is not telling CIC and the province. You have to. If you are really needed by the province, they will continue to support your nomination and issue a new certificate.

Bear in mind that CANADA NEEDS SKILLED AND WELL INTENTIONED IMMIGRANTS. THEY NEED YOU. What they don't need is people tied to immigration fraudulent schemes, fake employment offers, shady stuff. Nobody likes liars.

Do your part and CIC will do theirs. Just try to make their jobs easy.
Hi Sir..we have passed our medical test in 22 march 2018 after 3 month we email visa office about our application update, they reply us these

The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor iseligible has been finalized on March 29, 2017.

· The assessment for the applicant(s) is still in process at the Canadian visa office in New Delhi, India.

o the eligibility requirements assessment was finalized on October 26, 2017.

· The medical examination results have been requested for all applicants

o The results are on file and valid until December 22, 2018 for .....

o The results are on file and valid until December 27, 2018 for ......

o The results are on file and valid until March 23, 2019 for .....

· The criminality verifications are currently valid for all applicants.

· The security verifications have been initiated for all the other applicants.

the officer will affix a visa (if applicable) in the applicant’s passport and will issue a Confirmation of permanent residence document, which the applicant will present at the Port of Entry.

As you can see, there has been progress on your family’s applications. If you do not hear anything more by September 15, 2018, please get back to our office and we will make another inquiry.

But in 14 September 2018 we again email visa office delhi india about our application status unfortunately till yet they didn't reply our email...pls help me what should i do ?? even they didn't ask us about ADR...:(

MarsiaMS

Jul 5, 2016
Northern British Columbia
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
Applied on Jan. 27, 2017 with outland spouse. Passed medical, paid all the fees, never got ADR.
None of us had criminal record, served in the military, or overstayed visas. We were not involved in any human rights violations. Never traveled to countries that could be considered high-risk by the Canadian government, such as Syria, Afganistan, Iran etc. We are citizens of Ukraine.
The only thing I can think of is that my spouse had several visa refusals by CIC. When I asked them if that is the issue, they said they don't know. I have always received all Canadian visas, work and study permits that I applied for. I have been in Canada 8 years.
I feel like CIC just forgot about me.

Olimia

Sep 12, 2017
Thank you for all the hard typing and information here.
I have little confusion here about update sechedule A. You said we have to update the sechedule A for any travel. However, I could not find any information about that on the cic website. They did not mention that all. Here are the information I found on website:
Can I leave Canada while IRCC processes my application for permanent residence?
Yes. However, if you leave Canada while your application is being processed, you must meet all the admissibility rules before being allowed back into Canada.

If you leave Canada and want to return, you must have all the required documents to enter. This can include:

If you are unable to return to Canada, we could determine that you abandoned your application. In that case, we will not process it.

you want to report important changes about your application, such as:
  • births
  • deaths
  • marriages
  • divorces
  • adoptions
  • changes in address
  • changes in employment
  • a new educational credential
  • results of an approved language test
Can you explane more about that, cause I did back to mt country ten days last year,
thank you for you help

MarsiaMS

Jul 5, 2016
Northern British Columbia
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
Thank you for all the hard typing and information here.
I have little confusion here about update sechedule A. You said we have to update the sechedule A for any travel. However, I could not find any information about that on the cic website. They did not mention that all. Here are the information I found on website:
Can I leave Canada while IRCC processes my application for permanent residence?
Yes. However, if you leave Canada while your application is being processed, you must meet all the admissibility rules before being allowed back into Canada.

If you leave Canada and want to return, you must have all the required documents to enter. This can include:

If you are unable to return to Canada, we could determine that you abandoned your application. In that case, we will not process it.

you want to report important changes about your application, such as:
  • births
  • deaths
  • marriages
  • divorces
  • adoptions
  • changes in address
  • changes in employment
  • a new educational credential
  • results of an approved language test
Can you explane more about that, cause I did back to mt country ten days last year,
thank you for you help
I am pretty sure that updating CIC after every time you travel is not necessary. I remember asking an agent about that on the phone about a year ago, and they said they don't need an updated Schedule A. Unless they request it, of course

Olimia

Sep 12, 2017
I am pretty sure that updating CIC after every time you travel is not necessary. I remember asking an agent about that on the phone about a year ago, and they said they don't need an updated Schedule A. Unless they request it, of course
Thanks for your help

h.abdou30

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
ISSUES!

Finally, your application may be taking to long because you made a small mistake, or a big mistake, or (I'm not accusing anyone) misrepresentation.

The good news is: Not everything is lost, it may just take longer!

CASE 1:
- A person added the spouse 1 year later and the new marriage certificate was requested, as well as proof of relationship, which his/her lawyer sent 5 months after the request: The request was made in September, but the documents were sent in March. Thus, this adds 5 months of delay in the processing time, plus a background of the spouse that started 1 year after the application, or maybe only now in March 2018, after the additional documents were sent. If it takes about 2 years for a normal person nomination, for this applicant, these 2 years may have started counting in March, only after the requested docs were sent.
This applicant must get ready for more medicals in case he/she sent them before, new police certificates, updated schedule A, IELTs, a new proof of funds, updated jobs and addresses lived, jobs... basically everything again because things changed, and some documents will expire.
Now, as I said before, getting married in the span of 19 months may happen. But this is the ISSUE: For me, I can't stress how easy it would be to prove I'm married and I wonder why someone would take 5 months to do that. It raises flags for me, and I believe it also raises flags for CIC. I would change my lawyer.
This person's case is very unfortunate: It already took 12 months, and let's assume that every check where they need ADR takes +2 months. The added spouse is basically a new individual needing a new background, the let's say thattwith doc checks it takes 6 months, plus the 5 months delay in sending docs by the part of the applicant, we are adding 13 months here, so we are looking at a total of 25 months without asking for more ADRs. With the flags raised because of the 5 months delay, if no explanation is give, it may be longer, and documents such as police records will expire.

CASE 2:
- In this case, this person changed jobs after getting a nomination and did not notify either the province, or cic, or both. I don't know if this was done 7 months after that, when this person needed a new permit, and wanted a BOWP. But it took at least 7 months to notify someone, in case he did.
- I don't know if the nomination was locked to the employer, if not, they will send an ADR, he will upload a new doc with the new job and that will add just 2 more months.
- But let's pretend the nomination was locked was just to make it worse: If it was, the conditions for nomination changed. Now he wants to renew his permit. Because the applicant wants an OWP, and not a WP, he didn't use the work permit support letter, and because and did not notify CIC about the change in employment history, asking for a OWP it will raise flags. CIC will compare the permit requested with the nomination to see if it was locked (if that is not already done automatically by software). They will check if the applicant remains with the employer to determine if there was a change in the conditions for the nomination. Next, to get that answer, they will send an ADR asking for T4s, 3 most recent paystubs and proof of employment, etc. This adds +2 months. They will easily see he has a new employer, and therefore, it was a violation of the nomination.
Finally, because they know that waiting 2 years in the same job/NOC may be cruel especially if you want to grow, get a better job, etc, they will contact the nominating province. The province will decide to withdraw or not the nomination and will probably contact the nominee to get more information about his new job. The nomination indicates that this person is obviously needed in Canada, so the odds may be in his favor, and the province may continue to support him. If so, based on his new job, wages, etc, the application decision goes back to CIC, where they will analyze the probability of being successfully established in Canada.
Regardless of what could happen, at least 1 ADR will be requested (+2 months) and there will be consultation time of the federal government with nomination office (who knows how long, it may be 2 days, or may be 5 weeks).Naturally, this will cause delays.

Several genuine reasons may exist to request an OWP when you should ask a WP, such as employer delay in placing a job offer in the employer portal, the right to do so, in order to continue exploring new job opportunities, etc.

But if the request is genuine, you changed jobs, regardless of the nomination, you have to tell CIC immediately. If you wait for an ADR, it takes time.

---
HELP US DETERMINE THE CAUSE OF LONG PROCESSING TIMES
----

If you had more documents asked (ADR), did not send them within 30 days, was asked, sent but they did not receive, and if there is any complication, like marriage, birth, new travels, change of job, change of nomination circumstances or anything similar, tell us HERE IN THE FORUM if you need help, and you will also help determinini the causes of longer processing times.

Let us know what makes your proccess obviously more complex. Avoid simply saying you have been waiting for 22-26 months without giving us the details
. Let us know if it was your fault in taking too long to upload documents like the case 1 above. It will help us determining how long each type of issue will take.

We are here trying to help, figuring if it is the nationality, countries you lived, travels, dependents, and THE MOST IMPORTANT details like ADR must not be ignored. As all these factors influence your processing time, we want to estimate how much.
Hey
After I got nomination I applied pr paper based on 07 April 2017 after that on June 2017 I change my job and I informed cic about that also change the address
On December I went for a period of vacation and I came back on march 2018 but on January they ask me to give them the police certificate of my wife from Singapore and they sent it to cic on februray after I got MR on march 14 2018
So my question do you think that when i change job and go for vacation that cause delay
Am still on 18months of processing

Jag9315

Star Member
Feb 1, 2018
Hi guys ,, i applied on 19/oct /2016 ,,, 25 months so far ,, medical passed but expired,, criminality passes. I tried almost everything ,,,gcms notes,,, mp help ,,, calling them ,,,but-no help ,,, each time i called them there is only one answer from them we r doing ;;;;background check ;;;;;;

Im ouland applicant.

The last time i call them , they told me nothing is on hold they don’t need additional documents,, its just a background check;;; slow process;;;
Atlest something gud agent told me ;;;;

Last edited:

Aziz123

Oct 8, 2018
Hi guys ,, i applied on 19/oct /2016 ,,, 25 months so far ,, medical passed but expired,, criminality passes. I tried almost everything ,,,gcms notes,,, mp help ,,, calling them ,,,but-no help ,,, each time i called them there is only one answer from them we r doing ;;;;background check ;;;;;;

Im ouland applicant.

The last time i call them , they told me nothing is on hold they don’t need additional documents,, its just a background check;;; slow process;;;
Where is u r visa process office ? and from where u applied ?

S3ns0r

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
Doc's Request.
20-01-2017, 26-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
31-07-2018
Med's Request
07-11-2017 ; 21-12-2018
Med's Done....
15-11-2017 ; 03-01-2019
Interview........
21-02-2019
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2019
LANDED..........
inland applicant

Im ouland applicant.

Yeah this is very frustrating , who can answer what is going on, I'm at 27 months now. The background check takes forever.

S3ns0r

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016