+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Your PR application is taking too long? READ THIS! Find out why. Make it go faster!

PolaMahal

Jul 8, 2016
Calgary
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17 march 2016
Doc's Request.
05 dec 2016
Nomination.....
07 dec 2016
AOR Received.
09 feb 2017
Med's Request
08-01-2018
Med's Done....
12-01-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Waiting
Hi guys! Have one question! According to my recent gcms which I ordered on 3rd July. My papper file location after PS(03 march). Now on 28 march again office’s code location: B4351. Can anyone explain?

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
I have no idea.

Hey guys, things will change, see this:
https://www.cicnews.com/2018/08/faster-and-forward-looking-a-new-path-in-canadas-immigration-processing-system-0811037.html/amp

"The introduction of projected times will replace historicalprocessing times for some applications received on or after July 31, 2018."

That means we are still f****d, but we may see the projected times, which is also valid for us.

"The table below reflects processing times for future applicants who not yet applied:

Application type Processing time*
Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents 20 to 24 months
Provincial Nominee (Non-Express Entry) 15 to 19 months
Quebec Skilled Workers 15 to 17 months
Start-Up Visa 12 to 16 months
Humanitarian and compassionate cases 22 to 36 months
*The processing times above were checked on August 10, 2018."

Reactions: PolaMahal

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
And this is what is more important to us:

"In most cases, processing times depend on:

• the type of application submitted; [1]
  • if the application is complete; [2]
  • how quickly IRCC expects to process applications in the system; [3]
  • how easily applicants’ information can be verified; [4]
  • how long applicants take to respond to any requests or concerns; and [5]
  • other factors. [6]"
1 & 3 Depends on them
2 & 5- Depends on you, 5 is critical and may lead to 6 if the information should be quick to obtain but takes too long
4 - Depends on you, your last employers, universities, if info is available online, if the job experience is from Canada vs other countries, if your small biz vs large companies with your picture on their website, etc.
6 - the complicated stuff: Misrepresentation, how legitimate and readable the information and copies look/are, how straightforward the package is in comparison to what it should be, diplomacy, government tech savvyness, intelligence database exchange, all connections between people

Reactions: Telalca001

PolaMahal

Jul 8, 2016
Calgary
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17 march 2016
Doc's Request.
05 dec 2016
Nomination.....
07 dec 2016
AOR Received.
09 feb 2017
Med's Request
08-01-2018
Med's Done....
12-01-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Waiting
I have no idea.

https://www.cicnews.com/2018/08/faster-and-forward-looking-a-new-path-in-canadas-immigration-processing-system-0811037.html/amp

"The introduction of projected times will replace historicalprocessing times for some applications received on or after July 31, 2018."

That means we are still f****d, but we may see the projected times, which is also valid for us.

"The table below reflects processing times for future applicants who not yet applied:

No news for backlogs!! We are still in same situation. When??

vasuv001

Apr 17, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
I have no idea.

may i know wat is that mean for the below link.

pls comments.

cheers.

S3ns0r

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
Doc's Request.
20-01-2017, 26-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
31-07-2018
Med's Request
07-11-2017 ; 21-12-2018
Med's Done....
15-11-2017 ; 03-01-2019
Interview........
21-02-2019
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2019
LANDED..........
inland applicant
I'm August 15, 2016 applicant. 26 months since I have applied, my file keeps moving from city to city, it was in Winnipeg, Sydney, Vancouver and now in Ottawa. Can't get any information from IRCC about my application when I'm calling, they are just saying that background check is in progress still and I have to wait. Through request from local MP they said that the file was turned to "non-routine" and they can't provide any timeline for it. I'm from "stan" country I think that is the reason of the whole delay because otherwise I have no idea why it's happening.

I got a question is there any limit how long they can delay the application ? If the representative in my home country is not tech-savvy (lazy, slow or etc.) how long they will be waiting for them to respond? Does anybody know? I'm pretty sure the delay is caused by my country.

ADR is Alternative Dispute Resolution? They sent me request in july for updated Schedule A and some additional docs (Letter of employment, bank statement and etc.) Does that mean I got an ADR?

Reactions: MarsiaMS

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
I'm August 15, 2016 applicant. 26 months since I have applied, my file keeps moving from city to city, it was in Winnipeg, Sydney, Vancouver and now in Ottawa. Can't get any information from IRCC about my application when I'm calling, they are just saying that background check is in progress still and I have to wait. Through request from local MP they said that the file was turned to "non-routine" and they can't provide any timeline for it. I'm from "stan" country I think that is the reason of the whole delay because otherwise I have no idea why it's happening.

I got a question is there any limit how long they can delay the application ? If the representative in my home country is not tech-savvy (lazy, slow or etc.) how long they will be waiting for them to respond? Does anybody know? I'm pretty sure the delay is caused by my country.

ADR is Alternative Dispute Resolution? They sent me request in july for updated Schedule A and some additional docs (Letter of employment, bank statement and etc.) Does that mean I got an ADR?
ADR is additional document request. Just have to send them as fast as possible. That means they are looking into your file.

Are you in Canada?

Reactions: S3ns0r

S3ns0r

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
Doc's Request.
20-01-2017, 26-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
31-07-2018
Med's Request
07-11-2017 ; 21-12-2018
Med's Done....
15-11-2017 ; 03-01-2019
Interview........
21-02-2019
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2019
LANDED..........
inland applicant
ADR is additional document request. Just have to send them as fast as possible. That means they are looking into your file.

Are you in Canada?
Thanks for reply, yes, forgot to mention I'm inland applicant. I sent it next day using webform

Last edited:

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
Thanks for reply, yes, forgot to mention I'm inland applicant
I suppose you already work here, because that is how mny of the provincial nominations are given.

Why do you think they requested bank statements? Since you are in Canada, if employed, this is should not be needed.

Anything like a change of employer in your case?

S3ns0r

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
Doc's Request.
20-01-2017, 26-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
31-07-2018
Med's Request
07-11-2017 ; 21-12-2018
Med's Done....
15-11-2017 ; 03-01-2019
Interview........
21-02-2019
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2019
LANDED..........
inland applicant
I'm provincial nominee, closed work permit to my employer, still working with him since I got nomination and living in the same province.
They sent me this, I have submitted almost everything because wasn't sure if I already gave it to them:

PART ONE – DOCUMENT REQUEST
In order to prepare your application for further processing, the following documentation must be received by our office within 30 days from the date of this letter:
For you, the principal applicant, if not yet submitted:

 Offer of Employment:
If you have an offer of employment in Canada, you must submit an updated copy of the employment offer from your employer in Canada dated this year.

 Employment Reference Letter:
A letter for each declared period of employment.

 Business Licence(s):
If you have declared owning equity in any business(es), you must submit a copy of the applicable business licence(s) in addition to supporting evidence to substantiate your stated equity

 Education Credentials:
All documentation (diplomas and transcripts) to support your declared post-secondary education or vocational training. Any foreign education credentials should be supplemented with an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA); please see the following link for more information: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed.html#designated

 Language Abilities:
Any documentation you would like to submit as evidence of your abilities in either of Canada’s official languages, English or French. You are strongly encouraged to submit the results of an IELTS/CELPIP exam or Test d’évaluation de français (TEF).

 Proof of Funds:
Any evidence of funds that will assist you in establishing in Canada.

 Any other documentation you would like to submit as evidence of your ability to become economically established in Canada.

 Employment reference letter for your spouse for his/her present job. If your spouse is presently unemployed, please submit an employment reference letter from his/her most recent employer.
For the principal applicant and all dependents, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:

 If not yet submitted: Copy of the bio-data page of your valid passport.
Please DO NOT submit your original passport at this time.
For the principal applicant and all dependents 18 and over, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:

 Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration Form (IMM 5669):
You must declare your personal history and addresses from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years). Please ensure there are no gaps in your declared personal and residential address history.

 Updated Additional Family Information form (IMM 5406)

 If not yet submitted: Police certificates from each country in which you have spent 6 months or more since the age of 18.
If you are unable to submit police certificate(s) within the 30 day deadline, submit proof of having applied for the certificate with your package. Please be advised that all police certificates must be provided in color.

 Medical Examination: required only if you have been sent a request to update your medicals
We require proof of completion of a new Immigration medical examination. Once you have had your medical exam, please include a copy of the receipt to our office as part of your submission package.
For all dependent children:

 If not yet submitted: Copy of their birth certificate

Instructions on how to obtain police certificates for specific countries may be found at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp
Instructions on how to submit a fee online may be found at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/pay.asp
If you have been requested to submit a form, please find them on our website at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/index.asp

Ayushverma265

Sep 17, 2018
I am an inland applicant.
App received- 24 oct 2017
Aor in jan
Mr - may 2018
I can see my status changed to descion made online.
When i call cic the automated service saysbackground check in process.
I haven’t received any ppr email.
Is it normal?
What are my chances of getting through?

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
I'm provincial nominee, closed work permit to my employer, still working with him since I got nomination and living in the same province.
They sent me this, I have submitted almost everything because wasn't sure if I already gave it to them:

PART ONE – DOCUMENT REQUEST
In order to prepare your application for further processing, the following documentation must be received by our office within 30 days from the date of this letter:
For you, the principal applicant, if not yet submitted:

 Offer of Employment:
If you have an offer of employment in Canada, you must submit an updated copy of the employment offer from your employer in Canada dated this year.

 Employment Reference Letter:
A letter for each declared period of employment.

 Business Licence(s):
If you have declared owning equity in any business(es), you must submit a copy of the applicable business licence(s) in addition to supporting evidence to substantiate your stated equity

 Education Credentials:
All documentation (diplomas and transcripts) to support your declared post-secondary education or vocational training. Any foreign education credentials should be supplemented with an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA); please see the following link for more information: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed.html#designated

 Language Abilities:
Any documentation you would like to submit as evidence of your abilities in either of Canada’s official languages, English or French. You are strongly encouraged to submit the results of an IELTS/CELPIP exam or Test d’évaluation de français (TEF).

 Proof of Funds:
Any evidence of funds that will assist you in establishing in Canada.

 Any other documentation you would like to submit as evidence of your ability to become economically established in Canada.

 Employment reference letter for your spouse for his/her present job. If your spouse is presently unemployed, please submit an employment reference letter from his/her most recent employer.
For the principal applicant and all dependents, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:

 If not yet submitted: Copy of the bio-data page of your valid passport.
Please DO NOT submit your original passport at this time.
For the principal applicant and all dependents 18 and over, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:

 Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration Form (IMM 5669):
You must declare your personal history and addresses from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years). Please ensure there are no gaps in your declared personal and residential address history.

 Updated Additional Family Information form (IMM 5406)

 If not yet submitted: Police certificates from each country in which you have spent 6 months or more since the age of 18.
If you are unable to submit police certificate(s) within the 30 day deadline, submit proof of having applied for the certificate with your package. Please be advised that all police certificates must be provided in color.

 Medical Examination: required only if you have been sent a request to update your medicals
We require proof of completion of a new Immigration medical examination. Once you have had your medical exam, please include a copy of the receipt to our office as part of your submission package.
For all dependent children:

 If not yet submitted: Copy of their birth certificate

Instructions on how to obtain police certificates for specific countries may be found at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp
Instructions on how to submit a fee online may be found at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/pay.asp
If you have been requested to submit a form, please find them on our website at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/index.asp
Geez! That is basically a new application. They went too hard on you.

Did you send them everything?

If you have no english test because it is not mandatory, consider taking one and sending it too, along with additional docs that may have expired, like police checks.