+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Your PR application is taking too long? READ THIS! Find out why. Make it go faster!

upadhyay

Feb 18, 2015
Hello All !!

Me and my husband also waited 29 months to get our PR application approved.

I just want to share our timeline so people who are waiting they will get little bit relaxation by hearing that some application processed slow but don't loose hope.

File Received : 16 February, 2017
Upfront medical: 11 April, 2018 (Did not ask for medical, we submitted by our own)
Got RPRF request : 7 November, 2018 (paid on same day)
Asked for Additional Documents: 24 July, 2019
Documents submitted: 25 July, 2019
Got Email about using pre arrival services on : 30 July, 2019
Got Passport Request: 31 July, 2019
Sent passport on : 1 August, 2019
Received passport by IRCC : 2 August, 2019
Application approved : 16 August, 2019
Passport return tracker activated: 22 August, 2019

For the additional documents they asked us to fill out background declaration form and travel history form. As we sent our file in 2017 and it has been more than 2 years, so they want the newly updated form.

All the best guys who are waiting for their PR !!

Reactions: KingTech and PRR19

upadhyay

Feb 18, 2015
I'm now 28 months in and see no end in sight. At may 2017. We had our first medical may 2018 and my husband and kids were remedicalled in July 2019. We are model citizens with no criminal background. We did have a baby here but notified CIC right after he was born in Dec 2017. No other changes. My husband is still working on a closed work permit for the same company. We came from the UK. We now have a lawyer on our case, but he's useless and tells us nothing. Because of that I can no longer see my application on CIC. Not sure whet else to do now. Slowly going crazy. Other people at my husband's work got pr within a year. Only us and another British family are taking so long. I'm at a loss at where to go from here
Are you submitted web form to know the status?

Jostar

May 22, 2019
Criminality check ongoing, security not started. That's where they were four months ago. We have no criminal background nor do we have family with criminal backgrounds. Security not started.

upadhyay

Feb 18, 2015
Criminality check ongoing, security not started. That's where they were four months ago. We have no criminal background nor do we have family with criminal backgrounds. Security not started.
In my case, whenever I called they mentioning to me background check is going on....

are you living in Edmonton ?

PRR19

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
I believe you did everything right, by the book, so you won't have any trouble.

I would like to say that your application could work as one from December 2017 + 1 month for the ADR, January 2018. People from October 2017 are getting it now, so you would get it in 3 months.

Worst case scenario treats you as an application of May 31st, 2018, what I believe will not be the case if his application had a background check done and a security request in progress that they could accelerate this paperwork.
Hello,Me Outland Applicant,AOR Aug18 already 13 months passed ,no MR.Sent web form , replied pending review by an officer,Can you guess what happen with my file?

Reactions: Asif BD

mari.kmedeiros

May 5, 2019
I don’t understand your post on this thread, but I’m from Brazil, so let me see if I can help you! ☺
No additional cost for renting in the airport - and you should get your car there, as the airport is away from the city and there is no cheap way to get there. There’s Uber available, but the ride is still costly. If you want to be on the safe side, use the rental companies’ own website (Hertz, Movida, Alamo, etc..). It works the same as anywhere - if the type of car you rented is not available they should upgrade you for no additional cost. There’s a LOT of cars usually at the airport, so I wouldn’t worry. Have in mind that in Brazil most cars are not automatic.
Hope it helps!

Hello everyone! We are arriving in Brazil in September 2019, Sao Paulo particularly, so we are wondering what the best way to rent a car is. Will it cost much more if to rent it at the airport? What is difference in price between the airport and the city? Or is it even better to book online https://cars-scanner.co.uk/brazil/sao_paulo_guarulhos_intl_airport_car_rental.html? But what if we arrive and there is no car but the money was paid. Can anyone who has already been there answer our questions? Thanks.

Jasinder

Apr 26, 2019
Hello members , can any one suggest how much delay in processing time an ADR for " authorization from spouse for aces to her funds for settlement in Canada" can have . If the document was provided with in 3 days of ADR.

Mikamins

Oct 15, 2019
My father is posted in Syria by tge foreign minister. I went to visit my family. Its in a safe part of the country. Do you think that will effect my application time?
Ive already updated tge travel form

Dee121976

Oct 18, 2019
Hello All !!

Me and my husband also waited 29 months to get our PR application approved.

I just want to share our timeline so people who are waiting they will get little bit relaxation by hearing that some application processed slow but don't loose hope.

File Received : 16 February, 2017
Upfront medical: 11 April, 2018 (Did not ask for medical, we submitted by our own)
Got RPRF request : 7 November, 2018 (paid on same day)
Asked for Additional Documents: 24 July, 2019
Documents submitted: 25 July, 2019
Got Email about using pre arrival services on : 30 July, 2019
Got Passport Request: 31 July, 2019
Sent passport on : 1 August, 2019
Received passport by IRCC : 2 August, 2019
Application approved : 16 August, 2019
Passport return tracker activated: 22 August, 2019

For the additional documents they asked us to fill out background declaration form and travel history form. As we sent our file in 2017 and it has been more than 2 years, so they want the newly updated form.

All the best guys who are waiting for their PR !!
It took us 30months

CanadaPRhelp

Jun 19, 2019
Hi,

My case is that most of my friends who get the AOR about the same time of me get ppr, but I haven't got any.

I submit my work change a couple months before. I am wondering whether that will relate to the difference. If we are the same individual PNP applicant, why mine case hasn't got any result but he has already finished 1 month ago?