+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Your PR application is taking too long? READ THIS! Find out why. Make it go faster!

rarina

May 31, 2019
man, c`mon, you been watching too many movies. this is an immigration process not time spent at Guantanamo base where they go through your life day after day.
this is not CIA man. if there was such a hypothetical database/software capable of providing such info, the whole immigration process would take a week or so...
Spoke my mind :D

AshTik

Apr 25, 2017
Additional documents request - ADR:
-Did you answer yes to all the questions before you proceed?
-Did you get an ADR?

If you answered yes but got an ADR, you either made a mistake or should have answered NO. This is already a sign that you are prone to have your application taking longer. ADRs are either sent because your documentation was incomplete, or because you were not careful enough and made a mistake.

Got and ADR? Do what they request as soon as possible. If your application is honest, I don't see any reason why additional documents should take too long. Therefore, send it in less than 30 days or you will raise flags. That will severely delay your application. Even if you are too busy to do it, work overtime, don't sleep, drink more coffee or red bull. Use the web form. Link your application to your myCIC profile (leave the city your were born blank, some required fields with asterisks are not actually required). Then check if they received.

CIC will always send a receipt of additional documentation and if you went ahead and did or got an ADR, there will be a message in your profile page. If you did not get the message, they did not get it, upload it again, better safe than sorry.

Each ADR will delay your application in about 2 months.

Change in personal information or update to sent documents:
-Had a new baby?
-Changed address?
-Change jobs?
-Traveled abroad?
-Married or divorced?
-Got a new phone number?
-Got a new degree?*

That means the documents you sent need to be updated. If you didn't know that, go back a few steps, read about it above, but I will link this again.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=021&top=4

That part that says "tell us of any changes to the personal information on your application, such as changes to your" means that you have to tell them of any change. Any. And that you have to click on the link, Anyway: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=43&top=4
If you live in Canada and went to the US for a black Friday border crossing shopping spree, even for 24 hours, don't you new stamps in your passport? And didn't you have to send pictures of all the pages or list all the countries you visited and lived in, with the date of the stamps? Well, then you have a new stamp and that means a new Schedule A must be uploaded.

Use the web form.

Don't wait for them to ask for additional documents. at the moment you step in your new house, update your driver's license address immediately and tell CIC.

Upload your new docs asap, because if the agent sees the original documents and the updated documents, he/she will not send an ADR and you will save about 2 months!

Now, some cases will really delay your application. We'll talk about it in the mistakes, but if you go to Canada, tell them your spouse is not coming with you, but after you got the PR, you want to sponsor him/her to come from your previous country, after staying 4 years apart, and you can't prove you dated before, that will raise flags. Likewise, if your application is in process, you then add a spouse, maybe because you two weren't married before, the application took too long that you got married in between, well, that will raise flags, but sending proof of marriage is not a problem, after all, who doesn't have a signed document, pictures of the marriage, of, because marriage parties are super expensive, even or pictures of you two together, drinking a coke together, don't hesitate to send it along with a plethora of proof that will not leave a shadow of doubt.
Read these article about marriage and judgment issues:
https://ottawacitizen.com/opinion/columnists/ashby-proof-of-love-is-not-as-simple-as-immigration-officials-would-have-it
https://www.thespec.com/news-story/5634913-liars-or-in-love-detecting-marriage-fraud-in-canada-called-racist-and-offensive-/
https://www.odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/facing-deportation-after-officials-question-marriage

*If the application takes about 2 years to be processed and your 17 yo son finished high school, I don't believe you have to tell them because they can figure it out, but I don't see a reason not to.

Change in nomination conditions
This one is complex, so I will not talk about it too much. It goes on a case by case basis.

In summary, legally, if the conditions of your nomination change, you lost your nomination. You should contact your province AND CIC (yes, both) immediately. Some factors will apply, such as your economical success, trying to find a new job or getting it in the same NOC or similar as fast as possible if your nomination was based on employment and locked to the employer. It may also weigh in your favor is how long it took to process your application. It is natural to look for new positions, to try to go up in life, or even to be bothered by your boss, creating a difficult relationship, and then you have to quit. This is NORMAL! And they know that, in 2 years, you may have a fight with your boss.

What is not normal is not telling CIC and the province. You have to. If you are really needed by the province, they will continue to support your nomination and issue a new certificate.

Bear in mind that CANADA NEEDS SKILLED AND WELL INTENTIONED IMMIGRANTS. THEY NEED YOU. What they don't need is people tied to immigration fraudulent schemes, fake employment offers, shady stuff. Nobody likes liars.

Do your part and CIC will do theirs. Just try to make their jobs easy.

Thanks for your detailed post Tommysan!
It was quite helpful and gave me the confidence that having taken care of the application, things would move systematically and fast. I have applied via MPNP business class (paper based) and got AOR June2019. I live in India.

However, one point stymied me.. I had given my travel details TILL the time I had applied. But my job required travel abroad every month. How to keep updating that and with what frequency? Wont getting a nw update every month also irritate the person reviewing my case?

Please do advise how to handle this issue
Thanks

farah242

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
14-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Hello everyone..I am in desperate need of help and hoping that someone here can share their experiance with me. my PGP application for my parents and siblings have been in process from the last 8 years.....yes that long. they recently passed security...eligibility and medical.a week after the security was passed the file status went from in process to on hold in gcms notes that I ordered. now the file status is on hold from the last 6 months...and no news or update. one family member's meds expired a couple months back but no request for new meds recieved. I am really freaking out.....does any one know what does a "on hold" status on a file mean?? would really appreciate if anyone can help me...thanks so much!!

AXELLSON

Jun 29, 2019
hello there,

\Thanks a lot for sharing this information here. it does gives a better picture of what is possibly going on with the application and related issues with it.

As i was going through the checklist mentioned on the forum under the category called Background check (presumably taking the longest......) is there any set duration as in how long can it go up-to??

You did mention the processing time of the entire application under that very category i.e. 14 to 19 months . but as of background check does it have any duration limit on it , as it takes the longest.??

Awaiting Response.

Thanks.

Pure Soul

Aug 10, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sgvo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018
Doc's Request.
09-08-2018
Nomination.....
04-10-2018
AOR Received.
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Hi All, we all know that average processing times are about 19 months but what could be shortest processing time you have seen for paper based pr?

6@d

May 4, 2018
I don’t think this post will ever valid for 2018/2019 applicants and after. Since I got AOR from 2018 March and I got nothing updated, even no MR.

The GCMS note on 2019 Apr. 12 shows that my file has no problem, but nothing has been started yet!!
Hello thomasho we have common problem.may I know if you got your MR. Bcause till now 1 year have passed I didnt receive any update even MR..

thomashoo

Jul 16, 2018
Hello thomasho we have common problem.may I know if you got your MR. Bcause till now 1 year have passed I didnt receive any update even MR..
got MR and ADR on late June. that is after 16.5 mohts since applied. and now nothing after that...

sheeponthetree

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
I do not have anything bad mentioned in the 1st page of this thread. But it is still talking 18 months now, and still in security check ... even eligibility is not passed yet. what the hell...

Reactions: shipping

Jostar

May 22, 2019
I'm now 28 months in and see no end in sight. At may 2017. We had our first medical may 2018 and my husband and kids were remedicalled in July 2019. We are model citizens with no criminal background. We did have a baby here but notified CIC right after he was born in Dec 2017. No other changes. My husband is still working on a closed work permit for the same company. We came from the UK. We now have a lawyer on our case, but he's useless and tells us nothing. Because of that I can no longer see my application on CIC. Not sure whet else to do now. Slowly going crazy. Other people at my husband's work got pr within a year. Only us and another British family are taking so long. I'm at a loss at where to go from here