+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check-March AOR 2021

Chintan_patel95

Star Member
Aug 10, 2020
Does anybody's background stuck on
"Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check"(Previously it was "We are processing ........") with AOR OCT 2020?
Details are in Signature.

ceceh

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
I called IRCC to get an update (May 31).

CEC Inland - with one dependent

AOR - April 6
Bio: Done - Apri 27 (from 2019 - Work Permit)
Medicals: Passed - Apr 27
Eligibility: Passed
Security: Not started
Criminal: Not started
Visa Office: Ottawa

Ghost update - May 27 (Background changed from "We are processing your background..." to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check")

Reactions: Chintan_patel95

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
Does anybody's background stuck on
"Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check"(Previously it was "We are processing ........") with AOR OCT 2020?
Details are in Signature.
I think your visa office is Ottawa right? I will recommend writing an email to CPC Ottawa and ask them what's going on. Why it's taking so long for them? If possible visit your MP.

Here is email address:
CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Reactions: Chintan_patel95

casualgamer

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
Just spoke to them today. The last update on bg status was all assessments passed. Now, I would just need to wait for an email from them.
So, i think once the status changes, everything seems to be completed.
How many GU have you received so far? I believe, I got 2/3 so far and my BG status has been " we are processing.." for almost a month now.

Vancitybh

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Just spoke to them today. The last update on bg status was all assessments passed. Now, I would just need to wait for an email from them.
So, i think once the status changes, everything seems to be completed.
Seems that what I was assuming this whole time was apparently correct (i.e. even though security and criminality say not started, they are already in progress):p congrats!!

morpheusmx

Apr 17, 2021
Seems that what I was assuming this whole time was apparently correct (i.e. even though security and criminality say not started, they are already in progress):p congrats!!
Yep. Looks like they are doing it in order of dates. i saw someone in fb with the same (bg status got updated to processing) like a week back. Feb Aor.
so, everyone here will soon be having those updates. Just watch out for status change.

Vancitybh

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Yep. Looks like they are doing it in order of dates. i saw someone in fb with the same (bg status got updated to processing) like a week back. Feb Aor.
so, everyone here will soon be having those updates. Just watch out for status change.
So feb aor one is still waiting for the email? If yes, then waiting seems to never end here lol. At least being in the Copr zone is a different kind of waiting :p