+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check-March AOR 2021

tom93

Star Member
Mar 12, 2021
What's your visa office? How long it took for you to change your background check status from your application is in progress to we are processing? What's your AOR?
I have no idea about the VO (My GCMS notes is yet to come... past the 30 day mark already)
It took two months for the status change
AOR early Feb

tom93

Star Member
Mar 12, 2021
@legalfalcon Greetings

Could you please let me know under what circumstance does IRCC usually request the RPRF fee? Is it after the case analyst's eligibility assessment?

Please let me know

Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Greetings

Could you please let me know under what circumstance does IRCC usually request the RPRF fee? Is it after the case analyst's eligibility assessment?

Please let me know

Thank you
RPRF is usually requested after the eligibility has started, assessed as passed or recommended passed. To read on stages of an application, see https://bit.ly/2SEtdFI

morpheusmx

Apr 17, 2021
I have no idea about the VO (My GCMS notes is yet to come... past the 30 day mark already)
It took two months for the status change
AOR early Feb
Do you get any notification or did you get any, when officer opens file for verifying gcms notes ?

morpheusmx

Apr 17, 2021
I'm not sure I understand the question. Could you please explain? I've ordered GCMS notes a month ago and it hasn't arrived yet
Oops. My bad. May be i wasn't clear. I meant, did you receive any email regarding gcms notes. Something like an email notification when they open the file for gcms ?

May be @Vancitybh can let know on this !

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
Oops. My bad. May be i wasn't clear. I meant, did you receive any email regarding gcms notes. Something like an email notification when they open the file for gcms ?

@morpheusmx Did you get the ghost update? It seems you got the ghost update. If you got the ghost update then you are very close to COPR and it will be your last ghost update.

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
By the way I got the email from ATIP clerk asking whether I need status or GCMS notes with or without documents. I responded and now waiting for the GCMS notes.

Vancitybh

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020

Nah, I just received an email the same day I submitted the request for the notes, and another email containing the notes 30 days later.

Vancitybh

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Hey @legalfalcon , just curious, if a CEC in-land, presently in Canada gets Copr and its expiry date is 3 weeks from issue date (i.e. same expiry date as medical exam), does one have to redo Medical exam if they are already waiting for the PR card to arrive (which could take longer than 3 weeks)? Thank you!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey @legalfalcon , just curious, if a CEC in-land, presently in Canada gets Copr and its expiry date is 3 weeks from issue date (i.e. same expiry date as medical exam), does one have to redo Medical exam if they are already waiting for the PR card to arrive (which could take longer than 3 weeks)? Thank you!
IF you are in Canada, as soon as your receive the COPR you attain the PR status.

COPR DOES not have an expiry date. The date on it is relevant for people who are outside Canada, and have to enter Canada before the COPR expires. For any one who is already in Canada, the COR issued is signed, and effective the date on COPR, you are a PR.

You do not have to do anything and your COPR will be a proof of your PR status in Canada.

A PR card is only a travel document and valid for 5 years. Whereas the COPR is forever proof. of your PR status.

Reactions: buddy013

Vancitybh

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
IF you are in Canada, as soon as your receive the COPR you attain the PR status.

COPR DOES not have an expiry date. The date on it is relevant for people who are outside Canada, and have to enter Canada before the COPR expires. For any one who is already in Canada, the COR issued is signed, and effective the date on COPR, you are a PR.

You do not have to do anything and your COPR will be a proof of your PR status in Canada.

A PR card is only a travel document and valid for 5 years. Whereas the COPR is forever proof. of your PR status.
That’s great! Thanks for your answer :)

Reactions: legalfalcon