+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check-March AOR 2021

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
@tom93 If you don't mind then can I ask in which province and city do you reside? I think they send file to your local visa to issue the COPR. If you are residing in Toronto or any other big city then you may have to wait longer for the COOR as per my understanding but if you are in smaller province/city then you should get the COPR quickly once they transfer your file to the local visa office as there will be small number of applicants from your province/city. You should call the IRCC and ask for the status update.

tom93

Star Member
Mar 12, 2021
@tom93 If you don't mind then can I ask in which province and city do you reside? I think they send file to your local visa to issue the COPR. If you are residing in Toronto or any other big city then you may have to wait longer for the COOR as per my understanding but if you are in smaller province/city then you should get the COPR quickly once they transfer your file to the local visa office as there will be small number of applicants from your province/city. You should call the IRCC and ask for the status update.
Hey
I’m currently based in Montreal. I spoke to IRCC twice and they gave me same status info.

Reactions: itspossible9

JayPatel27

Star Member
May 4, 2021
Alright I did calculations, you had first background check status update on 14th April 2021 and it changed from "We are processing" to "Your application is in progress". It took 44 days to change your background check status again from "In progress" to "We are processing".

@LonelyT-Rex 's first background status changed to "in progress" on 28th April so if we add 44 days in 28th April then it will be 11th June. You also said that someone on Facebook posted from Feb AOR that their status changed to "In progress" to "We are processing" last week so it looks like pattern. I am not saying exactly 11th June but it should be around 11th June and mine should be around 19th June.

I hope this helps! :)
Should be faster now that stay at home order will be taken from Ontario. Ottawa and Etobicoke should be working with more pace now onwards I guess.

Reactions: itspossible9

tom93

Star Member
Mar 12, 2021
Yeah I called them last week. It's pretty much the same status.
But I haven't received my GCMS notes yet...40 days and counting. Tried emailing them enquiring the status but no luck

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
I'll make sure to ask about the VO next time I call
Ask them if the file is transferred to the local visa office or not for issuing COPR. If yes then which visa office and then you can directly write an email to them. I hope this helps!