You are a Quebec selected Applicant

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chibiks said:
shahzadchowdhry

Thats an interesting concept - will you still be considered contributing to Quebec economy if living in Gatineau but working in Ottawa?
There is no wall between Gatineau and Ottawa. You will contribute to Quebec economy by paying your provincial tax.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ready4canada said:
Thank you Shahzad
I will appreciate that very much. In the meantime, I have been rather persistant with my applications and I recieved an interview email.. I was sooooooo excited only to find out it was for a self contractor sales position :-\

I am contemplating visiting quebec before I get my PR because I did manage to catch the eyes of some employment agencies that told me they are willing to meet with me if i go.... I am just wondering if the expense now is worth it.

Unfortunately I do not know anyone settled in Hull. I have a friend who got her visa thru quebec a cpl years back who is now living and working in ottawa. I dunno how that will affect the citizenship app though so I don't think I would risk that one, but i would try living in quebec and working outside if i need to.

Best wishes
r4c
Dear friend,
There is no worries and I am your friend living in gatineau and working in Ottawa. There is no barriers between the two cities and a lot of people living in Ottawa are working or studying (or both) in Gatineau.
Best wishes,

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
I hope dude ...federal process is not tough as Quebec.... i hope!!

Shahi

beauhoe said:
Good job and congratulations! Now you will face the federal. Wish you all the best my man.
Cheers,

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
next week!!.... applied for formalities..once they are done i m good to go ASAP!!

Shahi

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shahi said:
next week!!.... applied for formalities..once they are done i m good to go ASAP!!

Shahi
Great! DO not wait because if you apply now, by the end of the year or early next you could get your visa.
Cheers my man,

shahzadchowdhry

Star Member
Dec 17, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2010
Nomination.....
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
Med's Request
03-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-12-2010
Passport Req..
16-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2011
All the bests Shahi....don't worry. the federal part will be faster than CSQ (Just medical and security check)... Where r u planning to stay?

@Beauhoe, thanks alot... u ve been a great help to me... Me and my wife, we decided to try Hull after we read ur posts... We did not have any idea about Hull/Gatineau area. I have some more questions to ask u... I hope u don't mind...
1. I will be landing at Ottawa airport. Do I need to show them the fund tht CIC wrote on the website or the financial contract we signed for CSQ application?
2. How is the bus system in Hull/Ottawa (sto/oc). If i plan to stay at 700 boulevard joseph, how much it will cost me to travel from there to Ottawa? Where do i need to change the bus if i want to go to Ottawa university? Will it be cheaper if lets say i stay at boulevard sacre coeur?
3. At the airport, do we need to provide them with an address? What if we will be staying at a short term accommodation? I read tht u get the PR card after 3-4 months.
4. If I work in Ottawa, do I need to pay taxes for both provinces? How much are they?
5. How is the job market there (Ottawa/ Hull?

Regards
Shahzad

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Thanks Shahzad..!! i m gonna apply ASAP..wen i get the PCC!!/...

i have not decided the place of installation to be honest..i m going to land in Montreal and will take it from there!!

Beauhoe..indeed u have been a great help to all of us...cheers!

Shahi

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Iceberg7 said:
Hey Mef..

Great news..

I really hope to hear further good news from everyone.

Good luck :)
Hey my man,
What is going on? Shahi just got his CSQ, any good news on your side? Let's know.
Cheers,

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beauhoe said:
Hey my man,
What is going on? Shahi just got his CSQ, any good news on your side? Let's know.
Cheers,
Hey beauhoe..

How r u?! How's life up there?! Hope you're doing very well and enjoying ur time.
Sorry, I was away for more than 2 months and it seems I missed a lot in here..
I received Shahi's news with much of joy..it's gonna be a heck of a party ;)

Well, I have not received any updates regarding my file.
I hope to receive it so soon. Pray for me.

You take good care of yourself.

Cheers.

petrajo

May 28, 2010
Dear All

I should have posted my experience soon after my arrival not now but am sure you’ll forgive me for my late reply:)

I’ve arrived Montreal at 7:30 AM on 28/02/2011 with Royal Jordanian. It took me about 20 minutes to arrange and get my immigration paper work done. The good question was: how much do you have to establish yourself? The other things were as usual easy and simple staff. The interesting story is that I didn’t meet any one after the immigration officer. I’ve passed the customs without any luggage check up or even open it or ask anything. I went out I took a taxi for the flat that I’ve rented. Of course I’ve provided the address at the airport. The total time = 30 min only!
The only problem here, in Montreal, is that 99% of people speaks French. I like the system it like 100% and even better than Europe or Asia, as am travelling all my life and visited too many countries!

I’ve started my job hunt which is very very specific….

My questions to those have experience then are.

1) When do you think I’ll get my PR card. Am traveling on the 15/09/2011 and will back on 05/10/2011 (say).
Am moving for another flat from 01/04. I remember that the immigration officer was saying I must tell them my new address. Is that alright for the Card then.

2) Is there a good company that I can buy my private health insurance

Apart all getting on and I hope I’ll start enjoying my time and the job hunt:)

Any ideas beauhoe......

Best

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
petrajo said:
Dear All

I should have posted my experience soon after my arrival not now but am sure you'll forgive me for my late reply:)

I've arrived Montreal at 7:30 AM on 28/02/2011 with Royal Jordanian. It took me about 20 minutes to arrange and get my immigration paper work done. The good question was: how much do you have to establish yourself? The other things were as usual easy and simple staff. The interesting story is that I didn't meet any one after the immigration officer. I've passed the customs without any luggage check up or even open it or ask anything. I went out I took a taxi for the flat that I've rented. Of course I've provided the address at the airport. The total time = 30 min only!
The only problem here, in Montreal, is that 99% of people speaks French. I like the system it like 100% and even better than Europe or Asia, as am travelling all my life and visited too many countries!

I've started my job hunt which is very very specific....

1) When do you think I'll get my PR card. Am traveling on the 15/09/2011 and will back on 05/10/2011 (say).
Am moving for another flat from 01/04. I remember that the immigration officer was saying I must tell them my new address. Is that alright for the Card then.

Apart all getting on and I hope I'll start enjoying my time and the job hunt:)

Any ideas beauhoe......

Best
Thanks to share petrajo....

Please comment what happens if you leave Quebec and stay at Ontario, Toronto.

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
petrajo said:
Dear All

I should have posted my experience soon after my arrival not now but am sure you'll forgive me for my late reply:)

I've arrived Montreal at 7:30 AM on 28/02/2011 with Royal Jordanian. It took me about 20 minutes to arrange and get my immigration paper work done. The good question was: how much do you have to establish yourself? The other things were as usual easy and simple staff. The interesting story is that I didn't meet any one after the immigration officer. I've passed the customs without any luggage check up or even open it or ask anything. I went out I took a taxi for the flat that I've rented. Of course I've provided the address at the airport. The total time = 30 min only!

I've started my job hunt which is very very specific....

1) When do you think I'll get my PR card. Am traveling on the 15/09/2011 and will back on 05/10/2011 (say).

Apart all getting on and I hope I'll start enjoying my time and the job hunt:)

Any ideas beauhoe......

Best
Thank you for sharing your valuable experience!!...My guess is that PR cards in 4-6 weeks!!...
Ihope you find a job soon!!...let us know ur experiences further

Thanks

Shahi

mef

Jan 9, 2010
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2010
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
11-10-2010 (Interview & CSQ Received)
AOR Received.
07-03-2010 AOR (2):16-05-2010
IELTS Request
Along with Application
File Transfer...
20-12-2010 AOR Abu Dhabi 31-01-2011
Med's Request
16-08-2011
Med's Done....
10-09-2011 / additional medical on 22-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2012
LANDED..........
26-08-2012
Hey people,

Good to read your news in this thread..... I can see that everyone's case is moving forward.

For those who are submitted Federal (Including myself) & who are about to lodge their applications, I advise you to do it ASAP... Federal is much easier as there will be no rejection & acceptance as of CSQ (Only if criminal records are serious) but it takes longer time to get you visa........... based on my status.

I got my CSQ in 10 months, but my VISA PR - So far 4 months and still in the begining ------ waiting for my medical at the moment.

PETRAJO:

It seems that you are Jordanian - I am from Jordan as well - applying from Doha - Qatar. Tell me about your experience please.

Could you send me your private e-mail address or contact number in Montreal via private message? Mostly I will be leaving to Montreal early next year if things all right.

All the luck to every body.

Mef

Rodney

Mar 25, 2011
Help Seniors,
I am about filling the quebec application form but I am confused about some of the questions in the online evaluation form.

question 1
What is the highest level diploma recognized by the State that you have received?
I have MBA (strategic studies) from a uni in UK,PGD diploma in managemnet studies (Edexcel),I studied Pure and applied mathematics in my first degree
My husband has Msc degree in Agricultural Extension and rural development and first degree in Animal production and health

Question 5 :
What is the field of training related to this diploma?
I also do not know what to choose under list of training as there is no specific one linked to my degrees/certificates or my husband

thanks
Rodney