+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong information on e-CoPR

Rana sumit

Jun 18, 2022
The same happens with me I came here as a visitor in April 2018 and got work permit through flagpole may 2019 they wrote original entry date may 2019 and I renewed my passport and send them copy but they wrote old passport it’s issue during my citizenship or not please reply bro

Rana sumit

Jun 18, 2022
Yes I did
The same happens with me I came here as a visitor in April 2018 and got work permit through flagpole may 2019 they wrote original entry date may 2019 and I renewed my passport and send them copy but they wrote old passport it’s issue during my citizenship or not please reply bro.. am worried bro wt to do now

ehsan3001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
Toronto
The same happens with me I came here as a visitor in April 2018 and got work permit through flagpole may 2019 they wrote original entry date may 2019 and I renewed my passport and send them copy but they wrote old passport it’s issue during my citizenship or not please reply bro.. am worried bro wt to do now
Sorry I don’t understand your question.

Rana sumit

Jun 18, 2022
Sorry I don’t understand your question.
Bro they write my old passport number on my copr but I sent them new passport copy and they write original entry date when I got my work permit on border via flagpole but I came here originally 1 year before so it’s any issue when I applied citizenship I have my old passport with me

ehsan3001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
Toronto
Bro they write my old passport number on my copr but I sent them new passport copy and they write original entry date when I got my work permit on border via flagpole but I came here originally 1 year before so it’s any issue when I applied citizenship I have my old passport with me
Hopefully, there won’t be any issues

duyalm

Feb 22, 2022
Hello everyone,

I received my eCopr in December 2021 and my Pr Card in February 2022. However, my date of birth shown on both documents are incorrect.
So, I applied for IMM1436 to amend my date of birth on my eCopr and received a verification letter, which says my date of birth has been amended correctly.

Following the instruction on the letter, I applied for IMM5331 to request to reissue my PR Card in May 2022. However, it has been over 3 months and I have yet to receive my new card. I called IRCC and they told me that this process will be delayed and they couldn't tell me exactly when I will receive my new PR card.

My temporary SIN will be expired in October 2022. Since Service Canada need my PR Card (with correct information, such as name & date of birth) to give me a permanent SIN, my question is would I be able to work after my temporary SIN expired?

Thank you so much for your help.

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Hello everyone,

I received my eCopr in December 2021 and my Pr Card in February 2022. However, my date of birth shown on both documents are incorrect.
So, I applied for IMM1436 to amend my date of birth on my eCopr and received a verification letter, which says my date of birth has been amended correctly.

Following the instruction on the letter, I applied for IMM5331 to request to reissue my PR Card in May 2022. However, it has been over 3 months and I have yet to receive my new card. I called IRCC and they told me that this process will be delayed and they couldn't tell me exactly when I will receive my new PR card.

My temporary SIN will be expired in October 2022. Since Service Canada need my PR Card (with correct information, such as name & date of birth) to give me a permanent SIN, my question is would I be able to work after my temporary SIN expired?

Thank you so much for your help.
Hello friend, glad to help.

Common misconception:

Service Canada does not need your PR card to give you a permanent SIN.
Bring your original copr, driver's license, and the status verification doc that IRCC sent you with the correct birth date to service Canada.
You should not be working on a temporary SIN as a PR anyway, so get that done ASAP.

My personal experience:
I received e copr in May with a typo in my name.
The typo is like this:
correct first name: FIRST
typo name: FRST

Since I was switching employment, so I needed a permanent SIN ASAP. I went directly to service Canada, they were only able to issue me a SIN on the incorrect name. So I HAD to work with the incorrect name for 2 months.

After I got the status verification doc from IRCC (had it expedited because of an employment issue, assisted by my employer), I applied for AMENDMENT OF SIN RECORD online with service Canada, and received the SIN letter with the correct spelling in 5 business days.

Now I've been waiting for the new PR card for 1 month... omg...

However, know that the status verification doc that IRCC sent you verifies your PR status, it is the same as a PR Card except that you can't travel with it. So stay inside Canada you will be free of trouble. Do not go out before you get your new PR Card.

As a return I ask you to keep me posted of your reissue PR card timeline.

Reactions: duyalm

duyalm

Feb 22, 2022
Hello friend, glad to help.

Common misconception:

Service Canada does not need your PR card to give you a permanent SIN.
Bring your original copr, driver's license, and the status verification doc that IRCC sent you with the correct birth date to service Canada.
You should not be working on a temporary SIN as a PR anyway, so get that done ASAP.

My personal experience:
I received e copr in May with a typo in my name.
The typo is like this:
correct first name: FIRST
typo name: FRST

Since I was switching employment, so I needed a permanent SIN ASAP. I went directly to service Canada, they were only able to issue me a SIN on the incorrect name. So I HAD to work with the incorrect name for 2 months.

After I got the status verification doc from IRCC (had it expedited because of an employment issue, assisted by my employer), I applied for AMENDMENT OF SIN RECORD online with service Canada, and received the SIN letter with the correct spelling in 5 business days.

Now I've been waiting for the new PR card for 1 month... omg...

However, know that the status verification doc that IRCC sent you verifies your PR status, it is the same as a PR Card except that you can't travel with it. So stay inside Canada you will be free of trouble. Do not go out before you get your new PR Card.

As a return I ask you to keep me posted of your reissue PR card timeline.
Hello.

First, thank you so much for your help. I will keep you update on my PR reissue timeline.
Regarding to your response on my situation, I am aware that I do not need a PR card to get a permanent SIN, eCOPR is sufficient to get one.

However, I visited Service Canada two times to get a permanent SIN last month. In both times, both agents told me that because my date of birth shown on eCOPR is incorrect, I need to wait for the new PR card to get a permanent SIN, they also told me the status verification document is not sufficient, and there is nothing they can do (I find it weird myself because doesn't the purpose of verification document is to fix whatever mistakes shown on your eCOPR?)
I was wondering what did you say to the agent that made them allow you to get a permanent SIN with an incorrect name? Maybe I will pay another visit to explain to them.

Thank you!

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Hello.

First, thank you so much for your help. I will keep you update on my PR reissue timeline.
Regarding to your response on my situation, I am aware that I do not need a PR card to get a permanent SIN, eCOPR is sufficient to get one.

However, I visited Service Canada two times to get a permanent SIN last month. In both times, both agents told me that because my date of birth shown on eCOPR is incorrect, I need to wait for the new PR card to get a permanent SIN, they also told me the status verification document is not sufficient, and there is nothing they can do (I find it weird myself because doesn't the purpose of verification document is to fix whatever mistakes shown on your eCOPR?)
I was wondering what did you say to the agent that made them allow you to get a permanent SIN with an incorrect name? Maybe I will pay another visit to explain to them.

Thank you!
Most likely Service Canada agent that you encountered was a newbie.
  • Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) issued by IRCC
    Note: If the COPR is used within one year of becoming a permanent resident, it is acceptable. After this period, the Permanent Resident Card is required

print this webpage and bring with you: https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/apply.html

> what did you say to the agent that made them allow you to get a permanent SIN with an incorrect name
didn't explain anything. told them that govt messed up my name, asked if SIN itself could be issued in accordance with passport.
They responded by saying they only look at IRCC records. It was kind of a common thing for them as I was not the first person in that month that had this issue.
So what they did was that they applied legal name change procedure to change my name from the correct one to the incorrect one, and asked me to come back after it was fixed on ircc side.

I think DOB is even a more minor situation than the first name. Look at this person: https://www.reddit.com/r/ImmigrationCanada/comments/qkrb2z
He also got his SIN. So you should be able to get it as well. Even with incorrect DOB, it doesn't affect immediate things. (just don't renew your health card yet).

Try multiple Service Canada location. Even better call service Canada before going there, asking agent to confirm if they can issue a SIN that way, with status verification doc.

duyalm

Feb 22, 2022
Most likely Service Canada agent that you encountered was a newbie.
  • Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) issued by IRCC
    Note: If the COPR is used within one year of becoming a permanent resident, it is acceptable. After this period, the Permanent Resident Card is required

print this webpage and bring with you: https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/apply.html

> what did you say to the agent that made them allow you to get a permanent SIN with an incorrect name
didn't explain anything. told them that govt messed up my name, asked if SIN itself could be issued in accordance with passport.
They responded by saying they only look at IRCC records. It was kind of a common thing for them as I was not the first person in that month that had this issue.
So what they did was that they applied legal name change procedure to change my name from the correct one to the incorrect one, and asked me to come back after it was fixed on ircc side.

I think DOB is even a more minor situation than the first name. Look at this person: https://www.reddit.com/r/ImmigrationCanada/comments/qkrb2z
He also got his SIN. So you should be able to get it as well. Even with incorrect DOB, it doesn't affect immediate things. (just don't renew your health card yet).

Try multiple Service Canada location. Even better call service Canada before going there, asking agent to confirm if they can issue a SIN that way, with status verification doc.
Can I ask which Service Canada location that you went to? I live in BC, Lower Mainland so there are quite a few Service Canada location around my area. I am considering to get a day-off to go to multiple locations.
If it doesn't work, I guess I will try to apply online and see how it goes.

TYVM.

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Can I ask which Service Canada location that you went to? I live in BC, Lower Mainland so there are quite a few Service Canada location around my area. I am considering to get a day-off to go to multiple locations.
If it doesn't work, I guess I will try to apply online and see how it goes.

TYVM.
Hi,
I live in ON. So I went to the service Canada in Oakville.
Call them first to get verbal confirmation before going there and queue in line. Send an e-request to service Canada first, they will call you back in 2 business days. Ask them to confirm your situation before actually going in.

duyalm

Feb 22, 2022
Hi,
I live in ON. So I went to the service Canada in Oakville.
Call them first to get verbal confirmation before going there and queue in line. Send an e-request to service Canada first, they will call you back in 2 business days. Ask them to confirm your situation before actually going in.
So I finally received my new PR card on September 07th.
I submitted the application to Case Processing Centre on May 04th. That's a long 4 months wait...

Reactions: Lc4life