+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong information on e-CoPR

ehsan3001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
Toronto
Hello everyone,

I got my PR in December 2021, and PR card in January 2022.

However, earlier when I had received my COPR I had noticed error in it. Original date of landing and recent date of landing were incorrect.

I had sent COPR with the filled form to amend it, to Ottawa. It’s been 3 months I haven’t had any communication from them for this.

Is there anyone who has been through this issue ? Was the verification of status issued ?

I am worried, it would be an issue during citizenship process.

Thanks
I sent my application in Oct 2021 and still haven’t received anything from them. My original date of entry is incorrect. It’s been more than 7 months now. The worst part is that you can’t even track your application status. All I have is the proof of delivery from Canada Post.
Let me know if you find a way to contact them.

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Got eCoPR for my child with misspelled First Name. Immediately responded asking for correction but was asked to apply for Amendment which per the website takes 6 months to process. Not able to use the eCOPR to apply for anything either. Amazing how we have to go through all this effort because of clerical errors.
Any updates for the amendement process?

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
I sent my application in Oct 2021 and still haven’t received anything from them. My original date of entry is incorrect. It’s been more than 7 months now. The worst part is that you can’t even track your application status. All I have is the proof of delivery from Canada Post.
Any updates for the amendement process?

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Above response I got from IRCC, when I emailed them to correct the information on ecopr. I haven't received PR card so I am waiting. Once the card will arrive will amend the form to correct the information on ecopr.
Hello my first name is off by one letter. Do u know if this is still a valid doc? Can I get a sin for this?

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Hi have you received updates how? I think you can call IRCC to find out about the amendment application

Reactions: Rana sumit

Rana sumit

Jun 18, 2022
They fixed your copr or not brother ..am also in same situation there is errors on my copr they write my old passport number and original entry date is my work permit date so I have to fix it or not

Rana sumit

Jun 18, 2022
I was finally able to link my PR CARD application with the help from the IRCC agent... at least there, my details are correct! ;)
I will update you guys once I receive it. By the way, my eCOPR expired a long time ago! haha
They fixed your copr or not brother ..am also in same situation there is errors on my copr they write my old passport number and original entry date is my work permit date so I have to fix it or not

Rana sumit

Jun 18, 2022

Rana sumit

Jun 18, 2022
I called them, like, 1 month ago, and they said the information from the PR card matches what is in the system. The CoPR, on the other hand, comes from a person's manual input, and that's why this happens ;)
So.. I am still waiting my card, after 5 months of CoPR, which by the way, is now expired hehe.

Rana sumit

Jun 18, 2022
hello ehsan you got any reply from them they send your new Copr or not

ehsan3001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
Toronto
hello ehsan you got any reply from them they send your new Copr or not
Hi, the idiots rejected my application because they saw my current passport and used the date I flag-poled to receive my work permit instead of my previous passport which I used to enter Canada for the first time for my study permit.
I’m done with this long process and I’m not gonna apply again. IRCC has lifted the COPR requirement for citizenship, so I think I’m good and no need to show my original date of entry on my COPR.

ehsan3001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
Toronto
Hi have you received updates how? I think you can call IRCC to find out about the amendment application
Hi, the idiots rejected my application because they saw my current passport and used the date I flag-poled to receive my work permit instead of my previous passport which I used to enter Canada for the first time for my study permit.
I’m done with this long process and I’m not gonna apply again. IRCC has lifted the COPR requirement for citizenship, so I think I’m good and no need to show my original date of entry on my COPR.

Rana sumit

Jun 18, 2022
The same happens with me I came here as a visitor in April 2018 and got work permit through flagpole may 2019 they wrote original entry date may 2019 and I renewed my passport and send them copy but they wrote old passport it’s issue during my citizenship or not please reply bro

Rana sumit

Jun 18, 2022
You received your PR card