+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong information on e-CoPR

IMMIGRANT91

Jul 22, 2022
Hi Rana,
I too have a similar situation like you my eCOPR document shows my old passport details. Before getting the confirmation of Permanent Residency portal 1 mail I renewed my passport and had sent a webform. Right now after getting the eCOPR it shows the old passport information. Any leads for the next steps to be taken?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Hi Rana,
I too have a similar situation like you my eCOPR document shows my old passport details. Before getting the confirmation of Permanent Residency portal 1 mail I renewed my passport and had sent a webform. Right now after getting the eCOPR it shows the old passport information. Any leads for the next steps to be taken?
Are you inside or outside of Canada? If you are in Canada, the passport details are not significant as you will soon get the PR card. If you are outside of Canada, I see no problem presenting both old and new passport at the boarder when landing. Call IRCC to confirm this.

IMMIGRANT91

Jul 22, 2022
Are you inside or outside of Canada? If you are in Canada, the passport details are not significant as you will soon get the PR card. If you are outside of Canada, I see no problem presenting both old and new passport at the boarder when landing. Call IRCC to confirm this.
Yes I am inside Canada. Tried many times calling IRCC.

willywilly

Dec 14, 2022
Newmarket, ON
Category........
Other
Thank you to everyone for doing a great job by supporting each other.

My son's COPR came with a different UCI number, I followed the direction in the email from IRCC that I should submit request for an amendment to Ottawa, which I did the following day.

However, the following week, my son's PR Card arrived in mail box with the same wrong UCI number.

Below are my questions/concerns

1. We all know that request for amendment takes about 4 months, and I have 60 days to apply for reissue PR Card with approval from Operations Support Centre (OSC).
2. Is it advisable to go ahead and apply for reissue of PR card for my son?
3. Should I wait to get the confirmation that the UCI has been corrected?

Kindly note I am in Canada and not planning to travel anytime soon, my concern is just the 60 days attached to the PR card.

Thanks all

spandita

Feb 18, 2022
I got eCoPR for me and my family. I noticed in eCoPRs that the POB(for me and my wife), and Last Entry At(For all of us) are incomplete. It seems words have been cut off due to space limitations.

Correct Place of Birth: City, State
On COPRs: City, Incomplete Name of State.

Last Entry at:
In Confirm Email, I entered: Toronto Pearson Airport, Toronto
On COPR: PEARSON,LESTER B

Everything else is correct.

I am not sure, whether this is just PDF limitation or an IRCC system error/clerical mistake. Should I go and raise the amendment request or wait for the PR card to come and check that?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
I got eCoPR for me and my family. I noticed in eCoPRs that the POB(for me and my wife), and Last Entry At(For all of us) are incomplete. It seems words have been cut off due to space limitations.

Last Entry at:

I am not sure, whether this is just PDF limitation or an IRCC system error/clerical mistake. Should I go and raise the amendment request or wait for the PR card to come and check that?
You clearly know that the names were limited based on their length. The better question is, how do you want IRCC to correct this when there is not enough space to do so. And yes, that is the full name for the airport, its not just Pearson. All the info is obviously correct.

spider30

Feb 10, 2023

Last Entry at:

This is not a mistake. It is limitation when the PDF was generated I guess. In my COPR it came "CALGARY INTERNAT" and rest of the words not there due to some in PDF. but they have the right information in file. I went to get new SIN with same COPR and did not face any problem with it. My Spouse place of birth was also cut off due to length. because they use same POB as your passport says. I wouldn't bother about it.

Reactions: spandita

spandita

Feb 18, 2022
This is not a mistake. It is limitation when the PDF was generated I guess. In my COPR it came "CALGARY INTERNAT" and rest of the words not there due to some in PDF. but they have the right information in file. I went to get new SIN with same COPR and did not face any problem with it. My Spouse place of birth was also cut off due to length. because they use same POB as your passport says. I wouldn't bother about it.
That was my assumption and wanted to be sure. Thank you!

romi04

Dec 1, 2021
Hi everyone. I received my ecopr today in new copr portal and I found my married status is wrong. I emailed to Pr portal email stating my situation. Will keep you all posted once I receive an update from them and I received portal credentials on September 23rd 2021
What did you do ? Can we apply SIN and ohip on this?

sj7762

Jan 7, 2023
Hi,

I received my PR card yesterday and realized that both my ECOPR and PR card have my COB as 'India'. I am an Indian citizen with Indian passport born in UAE. The Place of birth on my ECOPR is correct but the COB in both places is wrong. I spoke to the IRCC agent this morning and she told me to raise an amendment request which can take upto 26 weeks. I have two questions now:

1) Can I travel while my amendment request is in process with my current PR Card? I asked the IRCC agent and she told yes, has anyone done anything similar?
2) Can I get the above details changed quicker if I go to a POE?

hemanthko

Nov 2, 2023
I didn't bother about my ecopr amendment... this is just a temp document, and it would take 6 months to change it... it is already expired, so, useless.
My PR Card status is still "submitted"... in the PR Confirmation Portal, the status usually doesn't change from "In review".
I will give them another 2 weeks, and call back.. so far their response was always the same.. "Sir, it is in progress.. you will have to wait" ;)
Hey can you confirm you still got right details on the PR card .... I got wrong ecopr and started the process to amend it but I have a planned travel and will be in some trouble if I get a PR card with wrong name