Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
File Transfer...
05-11-2012
scaryclare said:
Yumi, I asked the CIC officer why when they know the delays that SC have at the moment processing the LMO's are they still only holding the visa renewal applications for the 2 months and he said they had to follow their pocedures and could not allow any additional time. We are waiting on 2 LMO's one is for my husbands current employer and they submitted the LMO at the end of March and they still have not received a file number and they have been told it could be the end of July before they even begin to process it!!!! His job with his current emloyer is Long haul truck driver, The other is for a possible new employer which is a skilled worker job was submitted on May 30 and we have at least received a file number for that last week June 20. As this is the first time the possible new employer has applied for an LMO they can't go down the ALMO road but I would really like to know a general idea of how long a skilled worker LMO is taking here in Alberta. We are the same we can't afford not to be working either and have been told we can't claim EI, even though we have paid it for over 3 years , because our SIN have expired and I don't think there is anything else we can do. Our saving will be gone very soon. I know there are lots of people in the same situation and hope that things speed up a little or there will be lots of people forced to leave Canada!

Oh so bad... I know, it seems stupid that they are complicating the process that much. Your husband is a skilled worker, and the government should prefer him to be working and paying taxes! :p instead of waiting and waiting and finally to have to leave the country!

I am in Toronto so no idea about Alberta... but good luck!!!! and keep me informed if a LMO is approved! I will cross my fingers for you guys.

Thank you!!!

scaryclare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Fingers and toes are crossed lol, I think I have read every post on every froum trying to get other peoples stories. Keep us posted on the Toronto side and I will post updates on here for Alberta side. Good luck to you too there must be hundreds of people in the same situation.