26-09-2012
File Transfer...
11-08-2012
Med's Done....
REDONE: 22-01-2013
LANDED..........
26-04-2013
Yesterday i received my letter.
MY work visa is denied, because i did not receive my LMO (yet)
It took CIC 2 weeks to process my application and it takes HRSDC over 2 weeks to open their mail and give me a confirmation number.

Due to this, i'm fucked.
I had to call my boss this morning saying "Hey, i've been working for you for two years, and i'm running this huge project for you, but GUESS WHAT! you'll have to do without me for 3 months, enjoy the money you aren't allowed to pay me"

This is of course assuming that HRSDC is going to approve my LMO.
Otherwise, i might as well start working the pole, because that doesn't seem to take ANY paperwork.

I am so angry right now.
I have a house here and i'm getting married in August.
I'm allowed to stay as a visitor since i'm from Holland, but not having money is a huge stress on my family

Get your work done HRSDC, you are ruining lives.

McDutch

Dec 20, 2011
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2012
AOR Received.
26-09-2012
File Transfer...
11-08-2012
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
26-04-2013
I'm contacting our local MP, they seem to have Special Super Powers to fix stuff like this

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Did you apply online for your work permit? or you submitted by mail?

McDutch

Dec 20, 2011
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2012
AOR Received.
26-09-2012
File Transfer...
11-08-2012
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
26-04-2013

By mail for the LMO and then 2 weeks later (Because we we didn't receive any news) again by fax

ghostsapphire

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-june-2010 (complete to Buffalo)
AOR Received.
10-Nov-2010 (2nd)
IELTS Request
sent with appl.
File Transfer...
In Process 3/14/12
Med's Request
27-March-2012
Med's Done....
02-April-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21. November 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15. December 2012
LANDED..........
already here :-) and stay here.
McDutch said:

By mail for the LMO and then 2 weeks later (Because we we didn't receive any news) again by fax

Hi McDutch,
we are kind in the same situation, but ours got rejected because we didn't attach the LMO to the online applicatiion for extension of our workpermit. In FACT there was no possibility to attach it. And now we are in limbo too.

So when you applied online for your extension, did they ask you at the end to upload the LMO at least? I know you mentioned that you do not have it, but I am courious to find out if there was a possibility to do so.

THANKS for a short reply.

ghostsapphire

A

albertian

McDutch said:
It took CIC 2 weeks to process my application and it takes HRSDC over 2 weeks to open their mail and give me a confirmation number.

Due to this, i'm *censored word*ed.
I had to call my boss this morning saying "Hey, i've been working for you for two years, and i'm running this huge project for you, but GUESS WHAT! you'll have to do without me for 3 months, enjoy the money you aren't allowed to pay me"

Otherwise, i might as well start working the pole, because that doesn't seem to take ANY paperwork.

I am so angry right now.
I'm allowed to stay as a visitor since i'm from Holland, but not having money is a huge stress on my family

brother sorry to say its your fault because you should apply work permit after getting positive lmo.you can stay in canada 90 days after finish your work permit if and your employer can get extension

A

albertian

still you are not too late reapply or your employer can request to department to reconsider your case because he needed it urgently skilled labour and he can't run his bussiness without you .in special case they have athourity to give temp visa.while your case in progress.i am definately sure so it;s all up to your employer how he approach the immigration department . best of luck for future i hope you will get back your visa

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
McDutch said:

Due to this, i'm *censored word*ed.

I am so angry right now.

When did the employer apply for the LMO? Why haven't you applied for PR or gone through a PNP program? Look, I am no fan of HRSDC by any means but you are supposed to have the LMO when you apply for the WP extension. I know, for years many have been able to take advantage of slow processing times of CIC and been able to work for months on implied status. CIC is trying to speed things up and have faster processing times which people have been screaming for. The economy is heating up again and HRSDC is backlogged so badly that it's now taking more than 12 weeks to get an LMO decision. So one department getting faster and the other getting slower gives us a changed landscape.

I'm truly sorry that this happened to you. I know many have suffered the same fate. But it seems to me that you had options available for PR or PNP if you are managing a huge project for a Canadian employer and probably could have bypassed the whole LMO thing. If you own a home and are getting married here it seems your intentions are to remain permanently. I know, hindsight is 20/20 and we all have to learn the hard way. Hopefully your employer can get their MP to do some screaming for the LMO but you will still have to apply for restoration or cross the border. Tough lesson to learn and I hope it all works out for you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
rjessome said:
When did the employer apply for the LMO? Why haven't you applied for PR or gone through a PNP program? Look, I am no fan of HRSDC by any means but you are supposed to have the LMO when you apply for the WP extension. I know, for years many have been able to take advantage of slow processing times of CIC and been able to work for months on implied status. CIC is trying to speed things up and have faster processing times which people have been screaming for. The economy is heating up again and HRSDC is backlogged so badly that it's now taking more than 12 weeks to get an LMO decision. So one department getting faster and the other getting slower gives us a changed landscape.

I'm truly sorry that this happened to you. I know many have suffered the same fate. But it seems to me that you had options available for PR or PNP if you are managing a huge project for a Canadian employer and probably could have bypassed the whole LMO thing. If you own a home and are getting married here it seems your intentions are to remain permanently. I know, hindsight is 20/20 and we all have to learn the hard way. Hopefully your employer can get their MP to do some screaming for the LMO but you will still have to apply for restoration or cross the border. Tough lesson to learn and I hope it all works out for you.
I completely agree. This is fantastic advice.

McDutch

Dec 20, 2011
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2012
AOR Received.
26-09-2012
File Transfer...
11-08-2012
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
26-04-2013
The first time i aplied for an LMO was in September.
I got a refusal on December 15th, because my employer didn't include enough proof of "Looking for a Canadian alternative" So we had to reapply for everything at the very last moment again.

Last year, my LMO application took a total of 2 weeks, leaving me with enough time to reapply for a Visa.
This year, not so much.

We are already working on PR, but in the meantime, i still need a work permit to continue my job.

McDutch

Dec 20, 2011
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2012
AOR Received.
26-09-2012
File Transfer...
11-08-2012
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
26-04-2013
ghostsapphire said:
McDutch said:

Hi McDutch,
we are kind in the same situation, but ours got rejected because we didn't attach the LMO to the online applicatiion for extension of our workpermit. In FACT there was no possibility to attach it. And now we are in limbo too.

So when you applied online for your extension, did they ask you at the end to upload the LMO at least? I know you mentioned that you do not have it, but I am courious to find out if there was a possibility to do so.

THANKS for a short reply.

ghostsapphire
Hi Ghost, online has the option to add a scan or put in the option "Have applied, but haven't received yet"

kevng9

Jan 27, 2012
I am currently in a similar situation and saw a mention about crossing the border. I am in the process of PR through CEC and have received a letter waiving interview in Oct. Would I be able to go to the States and back on a visitor permit to wait for my PR or the LMO to be processed (whichever is quicker)? I am an Australian citizen so travelling across the border's not that much of an issue.

Thanks Alot

airene

Feb 1, 2012
:eek: last june 27,2007 i had my interview in Singapore,my problem isthe interviewer didnt tell me if i passed the interview, she told me that she will send me medical request thru mail,but unfortunately i was send back home in Philipines,due to some problems,,please tell me what to do.thank you