Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi ..i received a letter today stating that my work visa application is refused despite submitting proof that LMO was submitted.... so sad....why can't they just put the application in pending status awaiting for LMO result..... now I cannot continue my work due to out of status :( ......

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
McDutch said:
Yesterday i received my letter.
MY work visa is denied, because i did not receive my LMO (yet)
It took CIC 2 weeks to process my application and it takes HRSDC over 2 weeks to open their mail and give me a confirmation number.

Due to this, i'm *censored word*ed.
I had to call my boss this morning saying "Hey, i've been working for you for two years, and i'm running this huge project for you, but GUESS WHAT! you'll have to do without me for 3 months, enjoy the money you aren't allowed to pay me"

This is of course assuming that HRSDC is going to approve my LMO.
Otherwise, i might as well start working the pole, because that doesn't seem to take ANY paperwork.

I am so angry right now.
I have a house here and i'm getting married in August.
I'm allowed to stay as a visitor since i'm from Holland, but not having money is a huge stress on my family

Get your work done HRSDC, you are ruining lives.

Hi McDutch,

I am in the exact same situation...I have had to stop working because my LMO hasn't been processed yet...and CIC won't even consider that...straightout rejected my application within two weeks of it being sent...
I'm lucky that my employer is very supportive and whatnot, but Service Canada won't even give an estimated timeline...our head office HR rep has been calling frequently and has just recieved the file number..don't know if that is significant....

My lawyer friend said that Service Canada and Immigration Canada are notorious for their complete lack of communication....it seems like many people are in limbo as a result!

Hope4MapleLeaf

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
welcome to the club .... when did you file your LMO and at which SC?

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
Hope4MapleLeaf said:
welcome to the club .... when did you file your LMO and at which SC?
Hi MapleLeaf (such a cute handle btw!),

My company sent in the LMO application around December 18th, to the Vancouver office I believe.
I am wondering whether calling in myself would be of any benefit...seriously, the idea of staying at home with no work for a few MONTHS seems ridiculous and extremely impractical

Good luck to all!

carolk

Dec 28, 2011
alicia13 said:

My company sent in the LMO application around December 18th, to the Vancouver office I believe.
I am wondering whether calling in myself would be of any benefit...seriously, the idea of staying at home with no work for a few MONTHS seems ridiculous and extremely impractical

Good luck to all!
Hi, how long can you be at home waiting for LMO? I have read that restoration of status only can be done before 90 days of the expiration of the work permit. What options do we have?

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
carolk said:
Hi, how long can you be at home waiting for LMO? I have read that restoration of status only can be done before 90 days of the expiration of the work permit. What options do we have?
Yep, 90 days! Then you're basically a goner :(

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alicia13 said:

Good luck to all!
No, do not call. Service Canada will only speak to employers or authorized representatives.

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
rjessome said:
No, do not call. Service Canada will only speak to employers or authorized representatives.
Yes, that seems like the smarter thing to do, thanks! I guess I just have to wait...perhaps with my employer calling frequently they MIGHT speed things up? It has been eight weeks since my application was sent..hopefully I'm not looking at more than a month more at home :(

Yumi

Feb 15, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
File Transfer...
05-11-2012
Hello!!! I think I will be in the same situation. It has been 62 days since I sent the work permit application so I guess I will receive the rejected letter soon (is that by email or mail?). My work visa expired the 6th May so I have been working with the Implied Status since then. If I am receiving the rejected letter, what should I do?? Change my status to visitor (online?) and pay the restoration of status? or the restoration of status is not necessary?

Thank you!!!!!!!!

scaryclare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Hello Yumi, We are in the same situation although our work permit was refused on the 7 May exactly 2 months after we submitted our extension to our WP but because the LMO was not and still has not been processed. We did not receive the letter until the 21 May even though we applied online to extend our visas we did not receive an email to advise us the WP had been refused so expect a letter, I am a little worried as we continued to work on implied status until we did recieve the letter with the decision which was obviously passed the date of rejection, but hey we can't be responsible for the lenghth of time the mail takes. You have 90 days from the date of rejection letter so that has at least given us an extra month from when our visas expired. I called CIC and asked if we should apply for visitor visas to restore our status as obviously we are worried the LMO will not even come back before our 90 days are up. The CIC officer told me NOT to apply for visitor visas as we are not allowed then to apply for a work permit, he told me that 2 weeks before our 90 days are up if we still have not got a positive LMO reapply for our work visas under resortation the application will be held for another 2 months during which time the LMO approval will hopefully be recieved. If the LMO is still not back we are finished! Thankfully we have now at least got a file number for the LMO but the days are ticking away fast. I hope this helps a little

Yumi

Feb 15, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
File Transfer...
05-11-2012
Thank you scaryclare! I really appreciate your answer. I still cannot understand why CIC is not just holding the work visa until the LMO is resolved :(

Yes I think once you receive the letter you have to stop working. I am a little worried about that because it seems the LMO is taking so long! I cannot afford to be 3 months more without any income. It has been more than 2 months waiting for the LMO, and the last year took only 3 weeks so my company didn't expect this problem :(

Thank you again!! and good luck with your LMO too!

Alilique

Mar 12, 2012
Yumi said:
Thank you scaryclare! I really appreciate your answer. I still cannot understand why CIC is not just holding the work visa until the LMO is resolved :(

Yes I think once you receive the letter you have to stop working. I am a little worried about that because it seems the LMO is taking so long! I cannot afford to be 3 months more without any income. It has been more than 2 months waiting for the LMO, and the last year took only 3 weeks so my company didn't expect this problem :(

Thank you again!! and good luck with your LMO too!
if you did LMO last year, why don't you apply for A-LMO? it takes 10 business days to get it approved ;)

Yumi

Feb 15, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
File Transfer...
05-11-2012
Alilique said:
if you did LMO last year, why don't you apply for A-LMO? it takes 10 business days to get it approved ;)
Can I do that now already?? Does the company need to start doing all the process again (job offer, etc?)?

Thanks!

Alilique

Mar 12, 2012
Yumi said:
Can I do that now already?? Does the company need to start doing all the process again (job offer, etc?)?

Thanks!
i dont know about all advertising requirements, i had PGWP. but i am sure you can call SC today and find out

scaryclare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Yumi, I asked the CIC officer why when they know the delays that SC have at the moment processing the LMO's are they still only holding the visa renewal applications for the 2 months and he said they had to follow their pocedures and could not allow any additional time. We are waiting on 2 LMO's one is for my husbands current employer and they submitted the LMO at the end of March and they still have not received a file number and they have been told it could be the end of July before they even begin to process it!!!! His job with his current emloyer is Long haul truck driver, The other is for a possible new employer which is a skilled worker job was submitted on May 30 and we have at least received a file number for that last week June 20. As this is the first time the possible new employer has applied for an LMO they can't go down the ALMO road but I would really like to know a general idea of how long a skilled worker LMO is taking here in Alberta. We are the same we can't afford not to be working either and have been told we can't claim EI, even though we have paid it for over 3 years , because our SIN have expired and I don't think there is anything else we can do. Our saving will be gone very soon. I know there are lots of people in the same situation and hope that things speed up a little or there will be lots of people forced to leave Canada!