+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Timelines for May Applicants from India

anushakasu

Mar 21, 2018
Hi guys!!

I applied for SOWP on may 25th and it was an online application. However, there is no response till now. May i know when can I expect my medicals??

Can anyone help me and its been 13weeks now

Sk@kapoor1234

Aug 29, 2018
Hi,
We have also applied to Canada work Visa. My Spouse got an offer from Canadian employer and employer himself submitted the visa application.
Application was submitted the application on 18th May and got a positive LMIA on 13th June and on 16th June employer submitted visa application but since then we are unable to get any updated on our application.
Its been more than 12 weeks and employer also have no updates on our application status.
Can anyone please tell that how long it may take to get visa if its applied by employer ?

Thanks in advance

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi,
We have also applied to Canada work Visa. My Spouse got an offer from Canadian employer and employer himself submitted the visa application.
Application was submitted the application on 18th May and got a positive LMIA on 13th June and on 16th June employer submitted visa application but since then we are unable to get any updated on our application.
Its been more than 12 weeks and employer also have no updates on our application status.
Can anyone please tell that how long it may take to get visa if its applied by employer ?

Thanks in advance
Mine took 19 weeks to get approved. The average processing time during that time (mid 2016) was 9 weeks

sidhu1982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Here is my timeline
Paper apply NDVO - 22 May 2018
Type - caregiver with LMIA approved

Online shows in progress, no medical request yet

WED

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
If we apply for Work Permit and simultaneously we can apply for PR with the Positive LMIA ? Is that possible ?

sidhu1982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
If we apply for Work Permit and simultaneously we can apply for PR with the Positive LMIA ? Is that possible ?
Why don’t you apply for express entry first and you will get PR based on LMIA, provided your points are sufficient

sidhu1982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Official processing time now is 17 weeks - unofficial 21 weeks .. unreal how incompetent New Delhi visa office is.

h@rm@n

Jun 16, 2018
om
I think it’s safe to say that your application date + 4 months is what you should be looking at
omg.even i didnt get medical rqst and interview call yet.how many chances of the approval?im on work permit with positive LMIA nanny care.

sidhu1982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
om

omg.even i didnt get medical rqst and interview call yet.how many chances of the approval?im on work permit with positive LMIA nanny care.
As long as you have experience and education to back up the nanny LMIA , I would say you are pretty much safe and will get work permit, the medical will be asked once your file is opened so don’t stress over it