+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Timelines for May Applicants from India

sakshiA

Aug 17, 2018
Hello friends,

My work permit applicantion was submitted online by Canadian Attorney on May 28th, 2018 . I have a valid job offer and my LMIA was exempted.

Its been over 10 weeks now, and I haven't yet heard back on my application.
At the time of filing the application, the processing time at the CIC website for work permits from India was showing 10 weeks, however, it has changed and exceeded to 14 weeks as of today. Can any one please suggest, if I should expect my application to be processed as per the time shown at submission or will it be processed in 14 weeks?

Also, if we have someone else from India who has filed for a work permit application around the same time, please share your timelines and progress.

Thanks & Regards,
Sakshi

Last edited:
Reactions: @zph

Nikul

Jun 13, 2018
Hello friends,

My work permit applicantion was submitted online by Canadian Attorney on May 28th, 2018 . I have a valid job offer and my LMIA was exempted.

At the time of filing the application, the processing time at the CIC website for work permits from India was showing 10 weeks, however, it has changed and exceeded to 14 weeks as of today. Can any one please suggest, if I should expect my application to be processed as per the time shown at submission or will it be processed in 14 weeks?

Also, if we have someone else from India who has filed for a work permit application around the same time, please share your timelines and progress.

Thanks & Regards,
Sakshi
Hello,
I have applied with positive LMIA. Medical and PCC submitted in June first week and received mail that my medical is passed and PCC is also verified. Waiting for visa call. Have you got UCI number? Which visa office of yours? Certainly it takes longer than mentioned in CIC site so not to worry. Mine was almost 14 week to get mecial call so nothing to worry. By the way. .Which province you applied for and your NOC code?

h@rm@n

Jun 16, 2018
Hello friends,

Thanks & Regards,
Sakshi
i applied work permit with LMIA on june 10th from india.no medical request,no interview yet.

Nikul

Jun 13, 2018
i applied work permit with LMIA on june 10th from india.no medical request,no interview yet.
Not to worry Dude... It takes longer than mentioned on CIC site. Hope you will get some good news shortly. Actually it's too much backlog they have to clear first and also rush of students. They get priority than work permit appcants

sakshiA

Aug 17, 2018
Hello,
I have applied with positive LMIA. Medical and PCC submitted in June first week and received mail that my medical is passed and PCC is also verified. Waiting for visa call. Have you got UCI number? Which visa office of yours? Certainly it takes longer than mentioned in CIC site so not to worry. Mine was almost 14 week to get mecial call so nothing to worry. By the way. .Which province you applied for and your NOC code?
Hi Nikul,

Thank you for your reply. Yes I do have my UCI with me and the letter of submission which is sent by CIC upon receiving the application.
I have applied for Ontario province with NOC 0.

Regards,
Sakshi

Nikul

Jun 13, 2018
Hi Nikul,

Thank you for your reply. Yes I do have my UCI with me and the letter of submission which is sent by CIC upon receiving the application.
I have applied for Ontario province with NOC 0.

Regards,
Sakshi
Hi Sakshi,
As you said you have applied through immigration lawyer, you can't check the status of your file.. Right? But your lawyer can get an updates so talk to him and get an update. Or go to web portal of CIC site . Which is your visa office? Mine is NDVO. Which state you are from?

sakshiA

Aug 17, 2018
Hi Sakshi,
As you said you have applied through immigration lawyer, you can't check the status of your file.. Right? But your lawyer can get an updates so talk to him and get an update. Or go to web portal of CIC site . Which is your visa office? Mine is NDVO. Which state you are from?
Hi Nikul,

I am from New Delhi as well, so probably my office would be NDVO, I am not sure though.
Yes I checked with my lawyer, and he said there is no update on the application yet.
I can check the status of my file myself, but then I would have to link it to my account which would mean my lawyer would not have any insights on the progress - I didn’t want that, since he being in this business and having better knowledge.

I am just curious to know if the processing takes that long, hence I wanted to reach someone here with the same experience.

What was your processing timelines? When was your application submitted?

Nikul

Jun 13, 2018
Hi Nikul,

I am from New Delhi as well, so probably my office would be NDVO, I am not sure though.
Yes I checked with my lawyer, and he said there is no update on the application yet.
I can check the status of my file myself, but then I would have to link it to my account which would mean my lawyer would not have any insights on the progress - I didn’t want that, since he being in this business and having better knowledge.

I am just curious to know if the processing takes that long, hence I wanted to reach someone here with the same experience.

What was your processing timelines? When was your application submitted?
Well, mine was submitted in March and got medical in may end. Medical and PCC submitted in June first week . After that took almost 65 days to get an email that my medical is cleared and PCC is also verified, and also mentioned that I will get an email for an appointment for biomatric and visa stamping within 13 to 16 working days. By tomorrow I should get an email as 16 working days is going to complete tomorrow. Hope to get some good news soon. All the best to you for your procedure and don't lose hope as they are taking too much time. Nothing to worry about it.

sakshiA

Aug 17, 2018
Well, mine was submitted in March and got medical in may end. Medical and PCC submitted in June first week . After that took almost 65 days to get an email that my medical is cleared and PCC is also verified, and also mentioned that I will get an email for an appointment for biomatric and visa stamping within 13 to 16 working days. By tomorrow I should get an email as 16 working days is going to complete tomorrow. Hope to get some good news soon. All the best to you for your procedure and don't lose hope as they are taking too much time. Nothing to worry about it.
Thanks a lot for sharing your timelines and experience. It’s really reassuring, thanks again Nikul.

You have applied for a work permit as well? In which province?
Would you suggest that I should get my medical and police verification done before the request?

Nikul

Jun 13, 2018
Thanks a lot for sharing your timelines and experience. It’s really reassuring, thanks again Nikul.

You have applied for a work permit as well? In which province?
Would you suggest that I should get my medical and police verification done before the request?
Yes. I have applied for WP with LMIA for Manitoba. Wait until you get an approval from visa office. Once they determine your eligibility and you meet all the requirements for WP visa then only they will inform you for medical and PCC. So wait until you get and updates. No thanks yar as I have also gone through the same situation. .I know how panic situation is this to keep waiting.. Nothing else you can do except waiting..msg me if you need any information..

sakshiA

Aug 17, 2018
Yes. I have applied for WP with LMIA for Manitoba. Wait until you get an approval from visa office. Once they determine your eligibility and you meet all the requirements for WP visa then only they will inform you for medical and PCC. So wait until you get and updates. No thanks yar as I have also gone through the same situation. .I know how panic situation is this to keep waiting.. Nothing else you can do except waiting..msg me if you need any information..
Exactly, this is period full of anxiety. The wait to hear back with the next steps plays with your head but like you said, there is nothing we can do except for waiting.

Just one more question, do they contact the applicant or the employer?

I hope to hear back with the good news soon and I shall go with your advice to wait until they request for my medicals.

Will stay in touch, thanks Nikul.

Nikul

Jun 13, 2018
Exactly, this is period full of anxiety. The wait to hear back with the next steps plays with your head but like you said, there is nothing we can do except for waiting.

Just one more question, do they contact the applicant or the employer?

I hope to hear back with the good news soon and I shall go with your advice to wait until they request for my medicals.

Will stay in touch, thanks Nikul.
In my case, they didn't contact me. My employer gave all the details and he got call from visa office to check an authenticity of employment status. Nothing to worry unless you have hide anything . Good luck to you. Yeah, surely we will get In touch.

sakshiA

Aug 17, 2018
In my case, they didn't contact me. My employer gave all the details and he got call from visa office to check an authenticity of employment status. Nothing to worry unless you have hide anything . Good luck to you. Yeah, surely we will get In touch.
Understood, that’s fine and won’t a problem. My current employer won’t have a problem authenticating my employment nor would my last employer.

Many thanks Nikul for all the information and reassurance. It means a lot.
Best of luck to you as well, hopefully you’ll get your email tomorrow.

Nikul

Jun 13, 2018
Thabk
Understood, that’s fine and won’t a problem. My current employer won’t have a problem authenticating my employment nor would my last employer.

Best of luck to you as well, hopefully you’ll get your email tomorrow.[/QUOT
Thanks a lot dear. Msg me if you need any assistance. Share your mail I'd so that I can be In touch.

Nikul

Jun 13, 2018

Best of luck to you as well, hopefully you’ll get your email tomorrow.
Thanks a lot dear. Hope for the best. Share your mail I'd so that we can be in touch.