+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Processing Times 2023

anshu0587

Apr 17, 2023
I got PPR today!

Application submitted on: 29 March 2023
Submitted Inside or Outside Canada: Outside (UAE)
Work Permit Extension or New: New Work Permit (LMIA Exempt - GSS)
Biometrics: 03 Apr 2023
Visa Office : Edmonton
PPR : 3 May 2023
Got an answer: Approved

Mine was LMIA Exempt TEER 0 work permit which falls under GSS fast processing.
Did you receive POE/Correspondence letter after passport stamping?

priyapkai

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Did you receive POE/Correspondence letter after passport stamping?
Not yet. I gave my passport for stamping 11 May at Abu Dhabi VO. They told me that due to summer rush of visit visa stamping and also they are approving a lot of the pending applications, it can take upto 4 weeks. Also, I am not in hurry at the moment as I have to wrap up things here before the move. But I do see some folks getting it in one or two weeks. I'm not sure if they prioritise any particular NOC for stamping. They say they only prioritise stamping of some emergency cases.

Afterglow

Star Member
May 21, 2023
@legalfalcon Thank you for the brief reply. I understand it much better now. About my application eligibility, medical and biometrics are completed on tracker just BGC is showing In progress since 25th Feb... by your explanation looks like I may expect some delays then since security clearance is still under progress. Just FYI, my application is Work permit though not PR and it falls under Singapore visa office. My fingers are crossed for no delays.. let's see how it goes.
Hi! How was your application? has it been approved? Do you mind to kindly please share your timeline? I also applied in SGVOnand waiting for PPR now. Eligibility review started on 13 april. BC also in progress.

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
Hi! How was your application? has it been approved? Do you mind to kindly please share your timeline? I also applied in SGVOnand waiting for PPR now. Eligibility review started on 13 april. BC also in progress.
Hello, no updates yet. Application is under background check it's been 2 months since I submitted additional documents they requested.
when did you apply and from which country? How about your medical status?

Afterglow

Star Member
May 21, 2023
Hello, no updates yet. Application is under background check it's been 2 months since I submitted additional documents they requested.
when did you apply and from which country? How about your medical status?
What status is seen in your ADR. I also had ADR for the payment i submtted on 20 March and they received on 23 March. Until now for almost two months, It says “We are reviewing the documents you’ve submitted.”
As for Biometrics and Medical it has been completed. I did upfront medical the day I gave my biometrics. I sent it theough webform on 1 April and Medical was updated and completed on 5 April in GCKey and Application Tracker.
I think the ADR is the reason why our application is taking wuite some time. Though I am hoping for positive result and approval end of May or sometime on June.

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
What status is seen in your ADR. I also had ADR for the payment i submtted on 20 March and they received on 23 March. Until now for almost two months, It says “We are reviewing the documents you’ve submitted.”
As for Biometrics and Medical it has been completed. I did upfront medical the day I gave my biometrics. I sent it theough webform on 1 April and Medical was updated and completed on 5 April in GCKey and Application Tracker.
I think the ADR is the reason why our application is taking wuite some time. Though I am hoping for positive result and approval end of May or sometime on June.
ADR was PCC... and status is still the same as yours "We are reviewing the documents you've submitted"
On tracker my BIOMETRIC is COMPLETED.. ELIGIBILITY and MEDICAL is showing as PASSED.. just BGC is ongoing since last 2 months.
Your application, Is it GTS LMIA? or non GTS? If it's non GTS then it will take you months since the processing time is 30+ weeks and you just applied in March.

Afterglow

Star Member
May 21, 2023
ADR was PCC... and status is still the same as yours "We are reviewing the documents you've submitted"
On tracker my BIOMETRIC is COMPLETED.. ELIGIBILITY and MEDICAL is showing as PASSED.. just BGC is ongoing since last 2 months.
Your application, Is it GTS LMIA? or non GTS? If it's non GTS then it will take you months since the processing time is 30+ weeks and you just applied in March.
I see. Mine is SINP - ISW. WP LMIA exempt with SINP WP Support Letter. I also submitted SG and my Home country PCC the day i applied. I had the same case with someone I knew here in SG, her processing Time was 3months. she’s now in canada.

Afterglow

Star Member
May 21, 2023
PCC is actually mandatory for all applicants for all the places you’ve resided for more than 6months. It’s their basis for background check for criminality and security whether you are admissible in Canada or not. BC will start processing the moment they receive your PCCs. They will cross check with the countries you’ve lived that is why it will take months until BC is completed.

Afterglow

Star Member
May 21, 2023
PCC should have been included in your initial application the day you applied.

Sularbaba

Star Member
Feb 8, 2023
Eligibility has started for spouse but hasn’t started for the main applicant. Is this a mistake please? Both background checks are in process tho

bgl0001

May 26, 2023
Not yet. I gave my passport for stamping 11 May at Abu Dhabi VO. They told me that due to summer rush of visit visa stamping and also they are approving a lot of the pending applications, it can take upto 4 weeks. Also, I am not in hurry at the moment as I have to wrap up things here before the move. But I do see some folks getting it in one or two weeks. I'm not sure if they prioritise any particular NOC for stamping. They say they only prioritise stamping of some emergency cases.
Have you received your passport ? I have also submitted on the same day may11 untill now no updates