+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Processing Times 2023

super_rainbow

May 4, 2023
Hello
I applied in October after waiting 2 months for my job to get approved.processing time was 18 weeks and everytime I get to it, it goes up its now 51 weeks. I havent heard a single thing yet what do I do? is it really gonna take a year?

Submitted Inside or Outside Canada: Outside (Iran)
Work Permit Extension or New: New Work Permit (LMIA Exempt - GSS)
Biometrics: 22 Oct 2022

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
Hello
I applied in October after waiting 2 months for my job to get approved.processing time was 18 weeks and everytime I get to it, it goes up its now 51 weeks. I havent heard a single thing yet what do I do? is it really gonna take a year?

Raise a webform.

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
Hello
I applied in October after waiting 2 months for my job to get approved. Processing time was 18 weeks and everytime I get to it, it goes up its now 51 weeks. I havent heard a single thing yet what do I do? is it really gonna take a year?

Happened to me too, at the time of application submission the processing time was 18 weeks. I applied in October 2022.
now it says 28 weeks. I'm already on my 28th week. application is stuck on BG check since Feb 25th.

Raised webforms, no update no reply. Just one email I received on March 20th that my application is going under Secondary clearances and delays during this are out of their hands... I don't know what that means and how long it's going to take.
@legalfalcon any advise/idea what are these secondary clearances, is it the same thing as background check?

Last edited:

stevogooner

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Kuwait
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Nairobi
I submitted my application on 20th September 2022. At that time the processing time was 13 weeks. Now the processing time is 8 weeks but according to my tracker I'm still stuck at background check. I've raised webforms and received only generic responses. I ordered for GCMS notes but I haven't received them yet. Its quite ironic that the tfw program is meant to alleviate labour shortages yet they take so long to process them even after approving LMIA which the employer pays for

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
I submitted my application on 20th September 2022. At that time the processing time was 13 weeks. Now the processing time is 8 weeks but according to my tracker I'm still stuck at background check. I've raised webforms and received only generic responses. I ordered for GCMS notes but I haven't received them yet. Its quite ironic that the tfw program is meant to alleviate labour shortages yet they take so long to process them even after approving LMIA which the employer pays for
pretty much what's happening withy application. which visa office?

stevogooner

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Kuwait
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Nairobi
I applied online through my agent but submitted my biometrics in Nairobi. I work in Kuwait, so I'm not even sure which office is handling my application. But even its being handled by the UAE VO its already past the processing time
pretty much what's happening withy application. which visa office?

visalvarghese

Aug 11, 2018
congrats, that's lot quicker!
from India?
LMIA(Closed work permit) and GTS
I did upfront medical.
Submitted - 30th March
Biometric- 4th April
Medical reflected - 12th April
PPR Received - 19th April
Visa Stamped - 24th April (Bangalore)

For Spouse
===============
Eligibility check started on the 19th April(when my application was approved)
PPR on the 24th April
Visa Stamped - 1st May

Note : BG verification is the same date I did my biometric.

It's processed outside of Canada, so it was quicker.

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
I applied online through my agent but submitted my biometrics in Nairobi. I work in Kuwait, so I'm not even sure which office is handling my application. But even its being handled by the UAE VO its already past the processing time
i think UAE time is really long it shows 30+ weeks.

stevogooner

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Kuwait
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Nairobi
I'm not sure if my application is being processed from UAE because I submitted my biometrics in Nairobi but since I live in Kuwait, I was thinking maybe it was reffered to Abu Dhabi
i think UAE time is really long it shows 30+ weeks.

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
I'm not sure if my application is being processed from UAE because I submitted my biometrics in Nairobi but since I live in Kuwait, I was thinking maybe it was reffered to Abu Dhabi
possibly.. after biometrics did you receive any request letters? like medicals etc
if you did, you can see which visa office issued it on the document

stevogooner

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Kuwait
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Nairobi
I haven't received any request letters but when I raised a webform, I got a reply from Nairobi VO
possibly.. after biometrics did you receive any request letters? like medicals etc
if you did, you can see which visa office issued it on the document

anshu0587

Apr 17, 2023
LMIA(Closed work permit) and GTS
I did upfront medical.
Submitted - 30th March
Biometric- 4th April
Medical reflected - 12th April
PPR Received - 19th April
Visa Stamped - 24th April (Bangalore)

For Spouse
===============
Eligibility check started on the 19th April(when my application was approved)
PPR on the 24th April
Visa Stamped - 1st May

Note : BG verification is the same date I did my biometric.

It's processed outside of Canada, so it was quicker.
Did you recieve port of entry letter / work permit approval letter?