+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit not received

Nov 20, 2017
Hi all,
I am an international student. I applied for my work permit on September 24 and got approved on November 17. Meanwhile, i moved in to a new address since November 1st. I have given only my old address in my application for mailing. So far I didn't receive any mail at the address. So what is the procedure to get the work permit to the new residential address? Also please advise me on how to change the address in IRCC... PLEASE GUYS HELP ME ON THIS

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Why did you wait all this time to ask this question?!
Anyway, you will need to send an enquiry using IRCC weform (link below) to change your address. However, I suspect this could change anything.
In this mean time, you should try to contact the resident at your old address and ask him/her to let you know if he/she receives it.
Only after 6 weeks of the approval, if you still don't get the permit, call IRCC and ask them to resend it to the current address.
Good Luck!

link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Last edited:

nauman25

Star Member
Nov 11, 2018
Why did you wait all this time to ask this question?!
Anyway, you will need to send an enquiry using IRCC weform (link below) to change your address. However, I suspect this could change anything.
In this mean time, you should try to contact the resident at your old address and ask him/her to let you know if he/she receives it.
Only after 6 weeks of the approval, if you still don't get the permit, call IRCC and ask them to resend it to the current address.
Good Luck!

link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
Hi my WP approved on 22 may, still didnt get Woek permit in hard form, called CIC they said they have mailed it on 22 may? guide me what to do?

Dilshod008

Jun 15, 2019
Apply work permit with lmia from outside Canada
May-14 send documents from online
May-15biometric
May-16 passed biometric
May-17 required additional document
May-24 interwyou with my employer
Until this time no update
Iam applying from russia and prosses in Russia 6 week
Can you tell me why so long prosses taking time
Thank you

eusebio1

Star Member
May 27, 2019
same situation its been 3 week from now still waiting our copy of work permit did you try to call cic?