+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit from USA (ICT)

rishuaj

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Hi Friends,

one of my friend sent his passports to New york VFS and passport is still in proccesing for more than 3 weeks.. any suggestions?

my friend has to travel end of the month. he has already got PPR request for ICT.

Please advise.

Mita_2020

Nov 8, 2021
My company hired a Canadian movers "Taylor Moving & Storage ". I asked the custom lady about temporarily importing my car, she said that we don't need to and if needed just tell anyone that you are here for short term and will take car back to US. I think it depends on the person you meet but i would suggest that complete all paperwork beforehand. I typed/printed B4 forms before leaving, though ended up not showing. Over the years if i have learned anything it is "when it comes to dealing with government agencies, more paperwork is always better"
Hey what paperwork did you need for your car when you crossed the border?

kng90

Oct 5, 2021
Hey guys any PPR updates? Also, people with spouse/children, do their PPRs also come in along with yours or is there a further delay there?

RP_07

Nov 5, 2021
@Mita_2020 : Did you send the passport to new York or LA vfs for stamping? Many people are saying it’s getting delayed in New York vfs, is that true ?

rockermog

Jul 15, 2017
I see an update in the shared excel from the user Vivek that he got PPR today, biometrics was on 6th Oct. So things seem to be moving.

hmt25

Oct 16, 2021
Hey what paperwork did you need for your car when you crossed the border?
hi Sorry for the late reply. You need to fill bsf186 form and show it to custom. There is a line for car as well. There is something called Form 1 for temporarily importing car but i couldn't find it. I asked custom office at the POE and she we don’t need it as we are going to back to US. You movers will give you couple of documents as well.

Reactions: rockermog

Rockologist

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Mine's not an ICT, but is still a CUSMA application, submitted on Oct 7. No need for medical or biometrics, because I'm a US citizen and I've also had a few study & work permits in Canada already. Have been following this thread, as it seems closest to following CIC's actual processing time vs their estimate. I'm on week 6 and still no update on even starting my eligibility review, so I'm off to the border in a few days to try there. I wish all of you luck and speed dealing with the seemingly random & unpredictable processing mechanics of CIC 2021.

RP_07

Nov 5, 2021
Hey not yet. Still waiting. One of the Oct 6th applicants from India received his PPR yesterday. So there is some movement.
Yeah, Someone from 8th October too got it. Yours will give us an idea as to how much time it's taking from the US. Wishing you to get it today !