+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit from USA (ICT)

kng90

Oct 5, 2021
Hey guys any thoughts on NY vs LA VAC passport submission timelines? Since I did my biometrics at NYC, it is free for me to ship to NYC, but I am worried about delays and leaning towards sending to LA after I get my PPR. Did anyone face delays at NYC VAC?

hmt25

Oct 16, 2021
Received PPR. Timeline:
Application submitted: Oct 4th
Biometrics: Oct 7th in NYC
PPR: Nov 15th
Congrats…(FYI…by the time I received first response from NYC VFS, my passport had already reached LA VFS, and I was living in NJ).

kng90

Oct 5, 2021
Congrats…(FYI…by the time I received first response from NYC VFS, my passport had already reached LA VFS, and I was living in NJ).
Lol this is exactly what I am facing. LA is about to send me the shipping label while NY hasn't responded to my initial email. I think we have a clear winner here

NJ lol. You could have actually gone to the NYC VFS and given the passport to them if that option existed. Not sure why they are so slow.

rockermog

Jul 15, 2017
Thanks. I chose LA even though I need to pay $180 more than NY (assuming NY is free shipping since I did biometrics there)
I just sent an email to LA asking for shipping label. I didn't see any specific format in which the email or details has to be sent. So just sent a generic email asking for details. Is this fine? And do they respond back on the same day or the next?

kng90

Oct 5, 2021
I just sent an email to LA asking for shipping label. I didn't see any specific format in which the email or details has to be sent. So just sent a generic email asking for details. Is this fine? And do they respond back on the same day or the next?
Yes that is fine. They'll send you a spreadsheet where you will fill name, address, etc. After that they'll send you a payment link. After you pay, you'll receive the shipping labels. I paid yesterday. Haven't got labels yet. From initial email to payment link it was just 3-4 hours

Reactions: rockermog

rockermog

Jul 15, 2017
Yes that is fine. They'll send you a spreadsheet where you will fill name, address, etc. After that they'll send you a payment link. After you pay, you'll receive the shipping labels. I paid yesterday. Haven't got labels yet. From initial email to payment link it was just 3-4 hours
Thanks. Also as part of the package we need to have:
1) Passport
2) Consent form (2 copies)
3) PPR letter

No need of biometrics validity letter I suppose?

kng90

Oct 5, 2021
Thanks. Also as part of the package we need to have:
1) Passport
2) Consent form (2 copies)
3) PPR letter

No need of biometrics validity letter I suppose?
Just received the labels. LA is super quick. Here is the list of docs

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You may drop off your package at the FEDEX location of your preference.

Also – you are required to send the following:

• 2 Duly Signed and filled TT Services Consent Forms
  • IRCC Passport Submission Letter
  • Return Label (enclosed) and
  • Original Passport
  • Printed copy of proof of payment for the 2 Way Courier/VAC Service Fee
  • 2 photos - If you are submitting your passport to finalize Permanent Resident application
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reactions: rockermog

rockermog

Jul 15, 2017
@kng90 Our passports have reached LA office. Did you get separate application tracking ids (dispatched to IRCC) for yourself and your spouse? I received one for my spouse, nothing for me as of now.

Last edited:

Jackbauerquek

Nov 19, 2021
Received PPR today. Took over 3 months (16 weeks) to process after biometrics. Here is my timeline:
ICT from the USA
Non-GSS (NOC: 8232)
Application submitted: June 22, 2021 (estimated processing time from the US at the time was 9 weeks according to the IRCC website)
Biometrics Request Letter: June 23, 2021
Biometrics provided at the NYC VFS: July 13, 2021
Biometrics status shows "Completed" online: July 20, 2021
Request for additional documents: September 29, 2021
Additional documents received by IRCC: October 4, 2021
Passport Request Letter & Biometrics Validity Letter: November 4, 2021

Yesterday when I called to check the status, the automated phone system still said review of eligibility has not started yet and background check is in progress (like it has always been for the past 3 months). Today, it says your passport is requested to complete the processing of your application.

My advice to those waiting beyond the estimated processing time on the IRCC website is to have your employer send a webform or email to the visa office processing your application requesting urgent processing and expressing that you are needed as soon as possible for your position in Canada. Again only do this if you are past the estimated processing time.. in my case it was 15 weeks when my employer sent an email and the estimated processing time when we submitted my application was 9 weeks.

Good luck to those waiting especially if you've been waiting for an extremely long time like I was!
Can you please share the phone number to check status.

Jackbauerquek

Nov 19, 2021
Sent label request to NYC VAC today in the afternoon, did not get any response. Sent request to LA VAC, received a response within 2 minutes and labels were ready in 20 minutes...