+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit from USA (ICT)

newuserwp

Dec 5, 2021
Hi I have biometrics Nov 2. I see the biometric enrolment number in application summary, but IVR still says "we haven't received your biometrics" Don't know if this is normal. Want to check with you about your status? Thanks.
my application submitted through my employer. So I don't know how to check the application status.

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Thank you.

biometrics was on Aug 23rd - and we got passport request on Sep 20th. We dispatched our passports on Sep 22nd - and received it today.
Hello, is there any intermediate updates for stamping except for FedEx pickup notifications?
If so what are the steps? Thank you very much.

ash22

Jan 3, 2022
Received PPR today. Took over 3 months (16 weeks) to process after biometrics. Here is my timeline:
ICT from the USA
Non-GSS (NOC: 8232)
Application submitted: June 22, 2021 (estimated processing time from the US at the time was 9 weeks according to the IRCC website)
Biometrics Request Letter: June 23, 2021
Biometrics provided at the NYC VFS: July 13, 2021
Biometrics status shows "Completed" online: July 20, 2021
Request for additional documents: September 29, 2021
Additional documents received by IRCC: October 4, 2021
Passport Request Letter & Biometrics Validity Letter: November 4, 2021

Yesterday when I called to check the status, the automated phone system still said review of eligibility has not started yet and background check is in progress (like it has always been for the past 3 months). Today, it says your passport is requested to complete the processing of your application.

My advice to those waiting beyond the estimated processing time on the IRCC website is to have your employer send a webform or email to the visa office processing your application requesting urgent processing and expressing that you are needed as soon as possible for your position in Canada. Again only do this if you are past the estimated processing time.. in my case it was 15 weeks when my employer sent an email and the estimated processing time when we submitted my application was 9 weeks.

Good luck to those waiting especially if you've been waiting for an extremely long time like I was!
Hello,
Congratulations for making it through and getting the permit. What were the additional documents requested? Were they regarding employer or applicant? I am in the same boat so any information you share will be helpful.

Thnaks

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
From my known contact:

AIPP WP applied 13 Nov 2021 -R/o Texas - Bio/med completed
nothing started yet. nearing 2months - anyone in the same boat ?

techguy8020

Jan 5, 2022
Reactions: Kala00002 and terki

hpraveen

Jan 6, 2022
Reactions: techguy8020

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
Atlantic Endorsement w.p - which is a premium pilot process now made permanent - wp processing as claimed loud and clear in media - 2 weeks

Files though sitting since 7 weeks - with all this red-tape how long can an employer wait

basic common sense for IRCC to have a dedicated line for priority w.p's -

my known contacts - all from oct/nov 2021 - waiting work permits....

xiaojunz

Apr 3, 2019
Submitted biometrics for ICT application at VFS, New York location on Nov 17, 2021.

Anyway to check current status? Application submitted via lawyer, or should they be the one asking for updates?