+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit expiring, OINP application in process

deepsodhi24

Feb 23, 2024
No you can’t apply work permit extension with just OINP in progress. You need a LMIA or you need to be get nominated by province to extend your WP.
Can I extend my work permit with BOWP once I get oinp nomination and it has no restrictions?

Amrit Mehta

Apr 14, 2024
Thankyou so much for your help and guidance. I will put in an email to OINP to speed up the process and also when I apply for the extension I will attach screenshot for the OINP nomination requirements and my status of in process with a letter attached explaining my situation all together. I much appreciate your help. :D
Hii, I am also in a same boat, did sending an email to OINP or applying for an extension helped you?
Thanks

AashishS64

Feb 9, 2024
For BOWP you need to apply PR application and show have AOR and should have no employer restrictions in nomination .
Hello Miss Bee,

I shifted my profile to EE now and have an AOR, but as my original work permit is expired and the extension is still in process, I believe I render eligible for BOWP. Now I do have a submission confirmation of the date before my PGWP expiration, but I have not yet received my WP-EXT letter. Can i apply for BOWP with that and attach a letter of explanation saying that will attach this document as soon as received?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello Miss Bee,

I shifted my profile to EE now and have an AOR, but as my original work permit is expired and the extension is still in process, I believe I render eligible for BOWP. Now I do have a submission confirmation of the date before my PGWP expiration, but I have not yet received my WP-EXT letter. Can i apply for BOWP with that and attach a letter of explanation saying that will attach this document as soon as received?
So you already applied for work permit before expiration date and how ?

AashishS64

Feb 9, 2024
So you already applied for work permit before expiration date and how ?
I applied my OINP application under internation student stream imployer offer. Now that I was on submitted status and under the OINP requirement it is mentioned that we should maintain the same status as the one at time of application and need to be employed under the same employer. So considering this and putting all this information together with a letter of explanation, I applied for a work permit extension.

In this same thread, you mentioned that I would get a refusal but it would buy me some time.

unlucky72

Apr 15, 2024
Hello everyone,

I submitted my pr application but i paid fees lessten as should be accidentally. Does anyone had this before or know anything What should i do?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I applied my OINP application under internation student stream imployer offer. Now that I was on submitted status and under the OINP requirement it is mentioned that we should maintain the same status as the one at time of application and need to be employed under the same employer. So considering this and putting all this information together with a letter of explanation, I applied for a work permit extension.

In this same thread, you mentioned that I would get a refusal but it would buy me some time.
Yes if you submit work permit without AOR it will be refused. I remember you need some extra time to get nomination that time . Now if you got AOR for PR application, you should submit it through webform asap . Also make sure you don’t have any employment restrictions on your nomination certificate.

Reactions: AashishS64

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello everyone,

I submitted my pr application but i paid fees lessten as should be accidentally. Does anyone had this before or know anything What should i do?
Most probably your application will be returned due to fees issues. Lucky enough they will ask for fees document again. Best is to wait .

unlucky72

Apr 15, 2024
Most probably your application will be returned due to fees issues. Lucky enough they will ask for fees document again. Best is to wait .
You meant that they will ask me to pay more to start to process my application right?
And they didn’t start to process my application yet ( i did not get aor yet)

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
You meant that they will ask me to pay more to start to process my application right?
And they didn’t start to process my application yet ( i did not get aor yet)
Yes once they start checking your application they might return your application or will request new updated fees receipt. Can’t say anything.