+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Delay!

Aug 17, 2018
Dear All,

I have applied for work permit on March and I still have not heard anything updates about my application. Do you perhaps know that how long I should wait? I contacted them via webform but get no response. According to the website, the normal time processing is 19 weeks?

Any suggestion?
Regards,

Shongsu

Aug 17, 2018
Dear All,

I have applied for work permit on March and I still have not heard anything updates about my application. Do you perhaps know that how long I should wait? I contacted them via webform but get no response. According to the website, the normal time processing is 19 weeks?

Any suggestion?
Regards,
Are you applying for the new work permit or work permit extension?
I submitted my work permit extension on May 30, no any update. but on the official website they said they are processing application received on Jun 14. really confused.

Aug 17, 2018
Yes, I am applying for the new work permit that exceeds the normal processing time. It's really frustrating. I wish I knew how many more weeks I need to wait!

Prince_11

Jan 6, 2018
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
Hi there. How long did you end up having to wait?!
i applied on NOvember 23rd and it been 100days today and website saying 83 days. i send email to cic webform and they just sending generic email saying everything is in order and they will contact once its approved etcetc.

new_nl

Apr 8, 2019
i applied on NOvember 23rd and it been 100days today and website saying 83 days. i send email to cic webform and they just sending generic email saying everything is in order and they will contact once its approved etcetc.
Hi, did you get any update?

new_nl

Apr 8, 2019
No, 137 days.
Do you have any clue what might be happening? Because my PGWP application has gone over the normal processing time too and I do not know when to expect the decision about it. I called them but it was not very helpful as they just asked me to be patient.

Prince_11

Jan 6, 2018
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
Do you have any clue what might be happening? Because my PGWP application has gone over the normal processing time too and I do not know when to expect the decision about it. I called them but it was not very helpful as they just asked me to be patient.
Nothing wrong, just it the way they run the broken department. I haven’t heard anything. I read on form someone applied on nov 5 got approved on last friday. After 149 something days. Mine is 139 days today

Reactions: new_nl

bel

Jul 20, 2012
Nothing wrong, just it the way they run the broken department. I haven’t heard anything. I read on form someone applied on nov 5 got approved on last friday. After 149 something days. Mine is 139 days today
Hi,

I want to know when did you receive your permit? coz mine is way beyond normal processing time too. Applied February 4, 2019. no updates yet. I called them several times they said that it is still on progress and all i need to do is just wait for it.

Prince_11

Jan 6, 2018
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
Hi,

I want to know when did you receive your permit? coz mine is way beyond normal processing time too. Applied February 4, 2019. no updates yet. I called them several times they said that it is still on progress and all i need to do is just wait for it.
I applied on nov2018 and received on April 26 2019. And it was just an wp extension. I got after my Passport request.

Last edited:

bel

Jul 20, 2012
Hi,
may i know when did you get your PGWP? after how many days? coz mine has been 128 days and no updates yet.