+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Delay!

bel

Jul 20, 2012
Hi there,

No updates yet. It will be 9 months this November 5, 2019. You can order GCMS notes to check what's going on in your application. Mine says it still on process and a maximum of 9 months to make a decision. Just hoping that the final decision will be granted soon, and praying for approval. Normally if your application takes more than the standard processing times, it was transferred to the local office such as Edmonton IRCC, or Edmonton Case Processing Center, etc....I tried to ask for a member of parliament here in Calgary and the CIC emailed them back the following;

• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre on February 4, 2019.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the eligibility requirements are met to obtain a work permit.
  • A note on file added on February 13, 2019, indicates that the file was transferred to the Edmonton IRCC office for further review. The file is being reviewed and the responsible office will contact the applicant if more information is required.
  • Because this is a complex case that has been referred, the usual processing time does not apply. It may take up to 9 months to finalize this application.
  • As of today, no final decision has been made. The responsible office will inform the applicant in writing as soon as a decision is rendered.
So the best way, for now, is to keep the faith and pray.

Navreet030

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
Hi there Bel,
I am so sorry to hear from your situation. I have been also waiting from almost 6 months. Can you send me your phone number-I want to know more about your file details. If thats okay.

No updates yet. It will be 9 months this November 5, 2019. You can order GCMS notes to check what's going on in your application. Mine says it still on process and a maximum of 9 months to make a decision. Just hoping that the final decision will be granted soon, and praying for approval. Normally if your application takes more than the standard processing times, it was transferred to the local office such as Edmonton IRCC, or Edmonton Case Processing Center, etc....I tried to ask for a member of parliament here in Calgary and the CIC emailed them back the following;

• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre on February 4, 2019.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the eligibility requirements are met to obtain a work permit.
  • A note on file added on February 13, 2019, indicates that the file was transferred to the Edmonton IRCC office for further review. The file is being reviewed and the responsible office will contact the applicant if more information is required.
  • Because this is a complex case that has been referred, the usual processing time does not apply. It may take up to 9 months to finalize this application.
  • As of today, no final decision has been made. The responsible office will inform the applicant in writing as soon as a decision is rendered.
So the best way, for now, is to keep the faith and pray.[/QUOTE]

Navreet030

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
Hi there Bel,
I am sorry to hear about your situation. I have been also waiting from almost 6 months. Can you send me your phone number- I want to know more about your file details.
I hope we will be in contact in future soon.

Oluwaseunabd

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Hi sorry about that, my husband applied for Spouse open work permit inland since August 23.. till date we haven’t heard anything .. we are just wondering what could be the problem even though we are keeping faith

renjuzzarvnd

Dec 12, 2019
Hi I applied for my work permit on April 29,2019 and it’s still processing. It’s been more than 7 months. I called and submit web form so many times that I lost track of how many times I did. It was sent to Etiboke office under verification.

Navreet030

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
Hello
Did you order GCMS notes?
What does CIC agents say for this delay?
Which kind of work permit was it and also was it extension or the first time? You

renjuzzarvnd

Dec 12, 2019
I just did the GCMS. Agents doesn't know much I guess. But one of the agents that I got on call was very nice. She wrote a mail to know what's happening to the officer and told me the officer have to give them reply within one month. And on the next call, another agent told me that the officer replied back saying that they need more time. I applied for my post graduation work permit after my studies.

Navreet030

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
I am sorry about this and I could imagine being one of them, who has been waiting from such a long time. I am also waiting from 4 May, 2019 and almost 7.5 months by now. I feel the most disturbing part is that, they haven’t mention any reason for this review in my GCMS notes, I just received 2 weeks ago. But I am trying to stay positive and hoping for the best.
Please keep me updated about your case updates.

renjuzzarvnd

Dec 12, 2019
Hi there..got my work permit..finally..got it for 2yrs instead of 3yrs. I called the IRCC and asked for reconsider and they contacted and got it for 3yrs.

Navreet030

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
Hello
Congratulations on getting your work permit and after waiting for about 8.5 months, I also finally got it on 9 January but same as you, it was issued for 2 years only and therefore Would you be able to tell me how to deal about extending PGWP by calling CIC agents and what needs to explain to them.
Thanks in advance.
Looking forward for your reply.
Thanks and regards
Navreet