+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

Smartn

Jun 12, 2021
You are so right@ Sweetgurl. I'm also asking my self that same question everyday. Since you are Nigeria kindly connect so we can add you to our wassup group we created for Nigerians only
I am a nigerian ,submitted my application for Lmia exempt job offer since may.Passed medical and Biometrics and still looking forward to other updates
I want to be added to the nigerian whataspp group, who do I connect to

rajkumarl

Star Member
Feb 9, 2020
Nothing so far, All I can see is SOWP issued for spouses of Student Permit. Looks like they have processed some WP for applicants from the US. ICT WP is also getting processed in India and not OO/LMIA work permits so far. Very frustrating.

adwance

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
Nothing so far, All I can see is SOWP issued for spouses of Student Permit. Looks like they have processed some WP for applicants from the US. ICT WP is also getting processed in India and not OO/LMIA work permits so far. Very frustrating.
Thank you for the update . Much appreciated :)

AlbertaExpress

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Pls where do you get this update from?

AlbertaExpress

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
From reading all posts by various groups and various Whatsapp groups.
Interesting! There are still quite a number of people not on those forums or groups that are getting a decision so lets not allow what we read get the most of us rather just remain hopeful and believe for the best in form of a speedy and favorable decision.

Dmora12

Mar 12, 2021
Hello, I just want to post my timeline so you have a little light. I applied for a LMIA work permit from Mexico,

Application submitted: Dec 15, 2020
AOR: Feb 2, 2021
Biometrics req: May 18, 2021
Biometrics: June 15, 2021
Work permit approval and biometrics letter: August 26, 2021

I'm from Mexico and my NOC is 6321, don't lose hope!

AlbertaExpress

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Hello, I just want to post my timeline so you have a little light. I applied for a LMIA work permit from Mexico,

Congrats... I guess part of the cause of the delay is that you probably didn't pay for biometrics when you were paying your visa application fees. Or did you pay for biometrics when submitting your application?

Dmora12

Mar 12, 2021
Congrats... I guess part of the cause of the delay is that you probably didn't pay for biometrics when you were paying your visa application fees. Or did you pay for biometrics when submitting your application?
No, I payed the biometrics when I applied for the work permit. I have no idea why the delay, but I'm happy it's done.

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada

Congratulations