+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

muyiroro

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Good day every body,

I am in the process to re-apply for my work permit that was refused early this month.

The immigration lawyer have requested for updated Letter of Support and Nomination certificate but MPNP only sent me Updated Letter of support and it is clearly stated that I have been nominated in Manitoba on the letter of support.

The lawyer said my Nomination certificate is required to re-apply for my work permit, I’ve submitted my Permanent Resident application since last year and awaiting AOR.

Am just skeptical if Nomination Certificate is actually required for Temporary Work Permit under International Mobility Program.

Please if any body have experience on this you can share it.

Thank you.

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Good day every body,

I am in the process to re-apply for my work permit that was refused early this month.

The immigration lawyer have requested for updated Letter of Support and Nomination certificate but MPNP only sent me Updated Letter of support and it is clearly stated that I have been nominated in Manitoba on the letter of support.

The lawyer said my Nomination certificate is required to re-apply for my work permit, I’ve submitted my Permanent Resident application since last year and awaiting AOR.

Am just skeptical if Nomination Certificate is actually required for Temporary Work Permit under International Mobility Program.

Thank you.
No only Work Permit Support letter is required. If required you can still attach the old nomination certificate in client info section of your application also attach any email communication to Manitoba immigration department.
-thanks

Reactions: muyiroro

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
Good day every body,

Thank you.
It is not required.Let the immigration professional send you an official IRCC link that indicates the requirements for the category of visa you are applying for.
In addition ,if you are qualified for GSS and don't receive a decision in 2 weeks , its good you send a webform to tell them you are eligible and you have not gotten any decision within 2 weeks.

For a guide see below.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5487-applying-work-permit-outside-canada.html

Last edited:

muyiroro

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
It is not required.Let the immigration professional send you an official IRCC link that indicates the requirements for the category of visa you are applying for.
In addition ,if you are qualified for GSS and don't receive a decision in 2 weeks , its good you send a webform to tell them you are eligible and you have not gotten any decision within 2 weeks.

For a guide see below.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5487-applying-work-permit-outside-canada.html
Thanks @Sweetgurl ,

I requested for it immediately and MPNP have sent me an extension of my nomination till 13th of November 2021.

I guessed he want to attach all necessary documents to proof to the VO as per the eligibility that lead to the previous refusal.

Since my PR application have been submitted and is going to 9 months already so I don’t need any updated nomination certificate again.

I’ve sent it to him to satisfy him.

thanks .

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
Thanks @Sweetgurl ,

I requested for it immediately and MPNP have sent me an extension of my nomination till 13th of November 2021.

I guessed he want to attach all necessary documents to proof to the VO as per the eligibility that lead to the previous refusal.

Since my PR application have been submitted and is going to 9 months already so I don’t need any updated nomination certificate again.

I’ve sent it to him to satisfy him.

thanks .
Ok good.
All the best.

bhumitparekh

Mar 5, 2021

For a guide see below.
Hi Sweetgurl, Could you provide link for the webform you are mentioning?

My work-permit is two week processing eligible (submitted on 22-Jul-2021) but still not received any update.

Thanks

Cptzvavi

Apr 28, 2018
Hi guys, anyone here got their open work permit under the new TR TO PR pathway??
Applied July 27th but still nothing

WAS224466

Aug 8, 2021
Hi , I applied from Qatar online PR (RNIP) on 13july 2021 and OWP on 16july ,biometric completed on 19july , I got ghost on 5august then status returned to submitted, all documents like job offer and community recomendation PPC and letters LMIA EXAMPT slip are uploaded correctly.
Please advise how long take to have the reply from IRCC? thanks

Reactions: juel7380

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Hi , I applied from Qatar online PR (RNIP) on 13july 2021 and OWP on 16july ,biometric completed on 19july , I got ghost on 5august then status returned to submitted, all documents like job offer and community recomendation PPC and letters LMIA EXAMPT slip are uploaded correctly.
Hi

I applied in april for LMIA exempt WP. After my medical results were updated in june, my application status shows SUBMITTED. Since then I have been waiting

Jaisonuae

Aug 14, 2021
Hi

I applied in april for LMIA exempt WP. After my medical results were updated in june, my application status shows SUBMITTED. Since then I have been waiting
Wp application from uae on 19 March 2021
Bio 24 March 2021
Eligibility started on 6 July 2021
Medical exempted
..lmia exempt open work permit Novascotia employer
Did your eligibility review started

Jaisonuae

Aug 14, 2021
Bio 24 March 2021
Medical exempted

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Bio 24 March 2021
Medical exempted
Yes since the day medical was updated, the eligibility shows as:
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.