+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
This is what i see on the website.

Global Skills Strategy work permit
Last updated: August 10, 2021
We’re still accepting new applications. We’re working at full capacity to process new GSS-eligible work permit applications.
We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
May 2 and 8, 2021

If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.
I applied on 26 april 2021 and have not heard anything yet. While there are many who applied earlier than me and they are also still waiting for decisions, I am unable to understand the dates IRCC shows currently being finalized

bhumitparekh

Mar 5, 2021
Is Job Offer a mandatory document for filling work-permit?
My employer have already filled work-permit but still working on releasing offer latter to me !

Thanks

bhumitparekh

Mar 5, 2021
I applied on 26 april 2021 and have not heard anything yet. While there are many who applied earlier than me and they are also still waiting for decisions, I am unable to understand the dates IRCC shows currently being finalized
I believe these dates are the finalized dates where they able to give the verdict (approve or reject). I think in your case the final required document was submitted (5th July) so may be your application was kept on hold as "waiting more documentation".

These are just my assumptions only and trying to understand the process and i might be completely wrong.

Reactions: powereng1982

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
I believe these dates are the finalized dates where they able to give the verdict (approve or reject). I think in your case the final required document was submitted (5th July) so may be your application was kept on hold as "waiting more documentation".

These are just my assumptions only and trying to understand the process and i might be completely wrong.
No idea how the applications are processed and finalized.

The last document I submitted was a local visa office requirement. One of my friend received his work permit approved even without submitting it. So i believe document required by local visa offices are not mandatory. Based on this, the status of my application should be complete on the date IRCC received my medical results.

Moreover, for a query about the status about my application, I was informed by IRCC that all the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office and my application is in queue for reveiw

Last edited:
Reactions: bhumitparekh

Ivanco

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
I have been waiting since 21st January 2021, after submission and biometric updated same date. still waiting for Medical request. I applied from Nigeria LMIA Exempt work permit. Please can we share our timeline in this format
It's going to be a long wait but I pray as the opening up,they will open up applications too..i applied March 2020 from Nigeria,got medical request March 2021,did my medical in April,but since then nothing...my lawyer even sent an expedite letter in May and still they didn't do anything,they are not just processing work permit,the best thing is to be patient.........

Reactions: DeeUzo
Aug 13, 2021
Hello everyone,
Finally got my PPR!
I waited more than 1 year.
Applied in April 2020
First med exam - Feb 2020, second - April 2021
Bio - July 2020
PPR letter - August 2021

Visa type - not sure exactly, but before covid it was taking 2 weeks to process.
Country - Ukraine
Profession - software developer 7 years experience

After 1 year of waiting, I stopped believing in the successful result...

Last edited:

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Hello everyone,
Finally got my PPR!
I waited more than 1 year.
Applied in April 2020
First med exam - Feb 2020, second - April 2020
Bio - July 2020
PPR letter - August 2021

Visa type - not sure exactly, but before covid it was taking 2 weeks to process.
Country - Ukraine
Profession - software developer 7 years experience

After 1 year of waiting, I stopped believing in the successful result...
Wow..great to know you have received your work permit application approved. Good luck for the next steps involved and a safe journey to Canada

Reactions: muyiroro