+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

bhumitparekh

Mar 5, 2021
Anyone here applied for GTS LMIA closed work permit online from Germany recently?

Type of Application: Work Permit GTS LMIA
Application Country: Germany

My timeline is:

Application submission: 17 July 2021 (including my wife)
Biometric Instruction Letter: 18 July 2021
Biometric Completed: 18 July 2021

No updates since then.

Seems VFS in Berlin is open now if it matters for PPR
Did you received any update?

GhAyoub

Star Member
May 28, 2019
Tunis
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Tunis
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello everyone,
Finally got my PPR!
I waited more than 1 year.
Applied in April 2020
First med exam - Feb 2020, second - April 2021
Bio - July 2020
PPR letter - August 2021

Visa type - not sure exactly, but before covid it was taking 2 weeks to process.
Country - Ukraine
Profession - software developer 7 years experience

After 1 year of waiting, I stopped believing in the successful result...
Congrats ! :cool:

kmv

Jun 24, 2021
I got my spouse and daughter PPR on 5th august and mine only correspondence letter same date. I am waiting my PPR and my two son PPR. The wait is very disturbing.
Hi Rehman,

Are you still waiting to get your and your sons PPR? One of my friend has also got PPR for all his family members except his son.

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
That's already done. As I said my Employer already filled my Work-permit (based on approved LMIA) but still working on job offer letter.
A work permit application cannot be submitted without the offer letter/job contract. So, If your employer has already filled your work permit, then it is confirmed that your job offer letter is already ready.

You should ask your employer to send you a copy of the offer letter.

Reactions: GhAyoub

GhAyoub

Star Member
May 28, 2019
Tunis
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Tunis
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
A work permit application cannot be submitted without the offer letter/job contract. So, If your employer has already filled your work permit, then it is confirmed that your job offer letter is already ready.

It's a must !It should be signed from both sides

bhumitparekh

Mar 5, 2021

okay, I did finished my Bio-metric as requested as well as Medical for my spouse for her OWP. So, It seems its been submitted with insufficient document and they definitely will ask job offer as additional document required.

I hope they dont reject the application with out asking as additional document !! ?

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
Hello everyone,
Finally got my PPR!
I waited more than 1 year.
Applied in April 2020
First med exam - Feb 2020, second - April 2021
Bio - July 2020
PPR letter - August 2021

Visa type - not sure exactly, but before covid it was taking 2 weeks to process.
Country - Ukraine
Profession - software developer 7 years experience

After 1 year of waiting, I stopped believing in the successful result...
Congratulations

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
okay, I did finished my Bio-metric as requested as well as Medical for my spouse for her OWP. So, It seems its been submitted with insufficient document and they definitely will ask job offer as additional document required.

I hope they dont reject the application with out asking as additional document !! ?
Offer letter/contract is the key document to process any work permit application.

If your work permit application is incomplete(missing offer letter), your application should have canceled and returned at very first step.

Last edited:

Cyfa

Nov 7, 2019
@cvkk2010 any update on your stamping. Mine has reached Delhi but my wife’s passport sent on same day is still at Ahmedabad VFS without tracking ID. Did both your passport reach Delhi IRCC

bhumitparekh

Mar 5, 2021
Offer letter/contract is the key document to process any work permit application.

If your work permit application is incomplete(missing offer letter), your application should have canceled and returned at very first step.

What do you mean by very first step? Do they need to refile the work-permit OR the LMIA itself needs be processed again !!!

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
What do you mean by very first step? Do they need to refile the work-permit OR the LMIA itself needs be processed again !!!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/exemption-codes/validity-suspension-duration-employment.html

According to official information about processing of LMIA based applications, officers should ensure that the LMIA is valid at the time of the work permit.

Step 1: On review of the work permit application, confirm the status of the LMIA

If there is no active(approved) LMIA linked with work permit application, it is likely to get rejected

Last edited:

bhumitparekh

Mar 5, 2021
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/exemption-codes/validity-suspension-duration-employment.html

According to official information about processing of LMIA based applications, officers should ensure that the LMIA is valid at the time of the work permit.

Step 1: On review of the work permit application, confirm the status of the LMIA

If there is no active(approved) LMIA linked with work permit application, it is likely to get rejected
LMIA is valid. below are the timelines and validity.

LMIA is approved and valid for 1 year: Approved on Jul,09,2021 and valid till April,08.2022
Work-permit filled on Jul,22,2021 (without job offer document)

So I dont see any issue for LMIA, just that work-permit is missing job offer document and I hope they ask as additional document and dont reject the work-permit :(

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
LMIA is valid. below are the timelines and validity.

LMIA is approved and valid for 1 year: Approved on Jul,09,2021 and valid till April,08.2022
Work-permit filled on Jul,22,2021 (without job offer document)

So I dont see any issue for LMIA, just that work-permit is missing job offer document and I hope they ask as additional document and dont reject the work-permit :(
Yes I hope so as well. All the best bro :)

Reactions: bhumitparekh