+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

bhumitparekh

Mar 5, 2021
Hello Everybody,

I hope you all are doing good.

I have a question, How can I check my work-permit application status IF the application is submitted by representative (attorney hired by my employer). I do not want to keep bothering attorney on status update.

Note: I have gone through the thread about GCMS Notes, But i believe i should be allowed to login on my own application and see the status even after appointing a representative.

Please let me know if my understanding is correct?

Thank you.

muyiroro

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Hello Everybody,

I hope you all are doing good.

I have a question, How can I check my work-permit application status IF the application is submitted by representative (attorney hired by my employer). I do not want to keep bothering attorney on status update.

Note: I have gone through the thread about GCMS Notes, But i believe i should be allowed to login on my own application and see the status even after appointing a representative.

Please let me know if my understanding is correct?

Thank you.
Most IRCC representative accounts is different from single applicant cos their accounts allows them to registered more than one applicants that’s why they find it difficult to release the details of the account for individual. The only thing they can do is to screen shot the status of your account for you

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
Are work permit applications processed at all?
We really can't tell but we don't see decisions except people are getting decisions but not sharing the news here

We have been seeing more of Study permit processing and decisions.

Please is there anyway we can be informed on work permit processing? whoever has information should please inform us as the delay is long.

I just hope that since schools will soon be resuming IRCC will now focus on work permit applications.

Reactions: olypompin

bhumitparekh

Mar 5, 2021
Are work permit applications processed at all?
This is what i see on the website.

Global Skills Strategy work permit
Last updated: August 10, 2021
We’re still accepting new applications. We’re working at full capacity to process new GSS-eligible work permit applications.
We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
May 2 and 8, 2021

If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.

Reactions: powereng1982

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
This is what i see on the website.

Global Skills Strategy work permit
Last updated: August 10, 2021
We’re still accepting new applications. We’re working at full capacity to process new GSS-eligible work permit applications.
We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
May 2 and 8, 2021

If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.
It is obvious they are not following what they post.
They don't follow the GSS 2 weeks as most LMIA and LMIA exempt jobs are eligible for GSS 2 weeks processing but that us not the case as most people have been waiting for several months.

Is everyone's application complex ?
What is the way forward?
Please if you have information on work permit processing or PPR from any group (WhatsApp,blogs etc ) please inform us.

bhumitparekh

Mar 5, 2021
They don't follow the GSS 2 weeks as most LMIA and LMIA exempt jobs are eligible for GSS 2 weeks processing but that us not the case as most people have been waiting for several months.
What is the way forward?
2 weeks processing time is not been able to met due to COVID is what they mentioned. So nothing we can do i believe except waiting and as you said depending on folks updating the thread back once they receive it.

olypompin

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020

Is everyone's application complex ?
What is the way forward?
Please if you have information on work permit processing or PPR from any group (WhatsApp,blogs etc ) please inform us.
Please whosoever gets PPR should come and tell us here.That will give us hope.So many last year applications still pending.

DeeUzo

May 10, 2021
I have been waiting since 21st January 2021, after submission and biometric updated same date. still waiting for Medical request. I applied from Nigeria LMIA Exempt work permit. Please can we share our timeline in this format

Reactions: Ivanco