+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

olypompin

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020
I called the company yesterday to update my lmia exemption number so that I can re-apply for my work permit, the HR said they don’t deal with individual that I should contact the immigration lawyer that whatever I need they will attend to me.

Though the immigration lawyer suggested I should re-apply alone this time around that when I enter Canada then I can re-apply for my family and he asked to indicate if he can re-apply for me which I said yes cos he’s the one the company is relating to.

I submitted my PR by myself and is ongoing already am awaiting AOR so I have raised a webform with my reference letter that I can adequately perform the job I seed in Canada so that my PR won’t be refused cos of Eligibility.

Honestly the waiting time is killing
From yours now,am getting scared because my eligibility is review required and l handled this application my self .l also applied alone for now .l think applying alone for now is a good suggestion raised by the immigration lawyer.
For them to have made a decision on your application , probably processing has began so l should be expecting decision soon because we applied almost the same time 3 September 2020.
I know you will get it am very sure.

Reactions: muyiroro and Ivanco
Aug 6, 2021
Hi,
I am a consultant working for an IT company in Pune. My org applied for WP and I submitted my biometrics in Feb but I am yet to hear about any updates on my application. Has anyone applied after Feb received their Work Permits ?
Thanks in Advance.

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Hi,
I am a consultant working for an IT company in Pune. My org applied for WP and I submitted my biometrics in Feb but I am yet to hear about any updates on my application. Has anyone applied after Feb received their Work Permits ?
Thanks in Advance.
Hi..I applied in april and waiting for decision

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
I called the company yesterday to update my lmia exemption number so that I can re-apply for my work permit, the HR said they don’t deal with individual that I should contact the immigration lawyer that whatever I need they will attend to me.

Though the immigration lawyer suggested I should re-apply alone this time around that when I enter Canada then I can re-apply for my family and he asked to indicate if he can re-apply for me which I said yes cos he’s the one the company is relating to.

I submitted my PR by myself and is ongoing already am awaiting AOR so I have raised a webform with my reference letter that I can adequately perform the job I seed in Canada so that my PR won’t be refused cos of Eligibility.

Honestly the waiting time is killing
I am not sure but I don't think that applying alone is better.
Remember this is not study permit but rather work permit.The VO does not expect you to be without your spouse for the duration of your employment knowing you don't have holidays like students after each semester to travel to see the spouse.As a worker you are entitled to an annual leave once per year
Is your employment 1 year only ? (I doubt)
Work permit does not require home ties like study permit so its encouraged to apply with family if married.Work permit encourages SOWP alongside.

Moreover have you requested your GCMS notes? If not request it immediately to know the exact reason (s) for the refusal.
That will give you a clear understanding and direction.

Last edited:

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
PLEASE I NEED URGENT ADVICE ON THIS ISSUE .

My work permit was refused at 47 weeks due to the negligence of immigration lawyer that submitted my application. He did not include my Work Reference Letter in my application.

When I received my GCMS note around June I discovered all stages have been passed except my Eligibility: Recommend Interview I quickly send my updated work reference letter by raising a webform to the immigration lawyer to update my application but he never raised any webform in my application.

Can I still use the same Lmia exempt no to re apply for my work permit or my employer need to update a new lmia exemption number on Canada employer’s portal before I can reapply?

I want to apply by myself now.

The refusal letter says:

You were not able to demonstrate that you can adequately perform the job you seek for .

You are welcome to reapply if you think you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements .

All new application must be accompanied by new processing fee.
Your refusal letter did not refer to anything about home ties but rather it relates to not proving you can do the job.
So your immigration lawyer is not advising you properly on how to deal with the Visa officer's concern for your reapplication.
If you don't deal with it it may end up in another refusal.
The issue here seems to be in your CV and your work reference letter as you indicated.
So have your work reference letter ready also
in your CV you need to show you have required years of experience in the job you have been offered to demonstrate you gave the required skills to perform the job offered.
Also trainings (cerifications) for the job is required.

Lastly work together with the immigration lawyer.
He/she must give you access to the application portal so you see all documents uploaded before submission is done.
In this case no omission like your previous application.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeeUzo and muyiroro

olypompin

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020
Your refusal letter did not refer to anything about home ties but rather it relates to not proving you can do the job.
So your immigration lawyer is not advising you properly on how to deal with the Visa officer's concern for your reapplication.
The issue here seems to be in your CV and your work reference letter as you indicated.
in your CV you need to show you have required years of experience in the job you have been offered to demonstrate you gave the required skills to perform the job offered.

He/she must give you access to the application portal so you see all documents uploaded before submission is done.
@muyiroro ,sweetgurl has said it all.GCMS note is key.If this can be requested, the major concerns by the VO can be properly addressed.Still waiting for decision on mine .......

Reactions: muyiroro

muyiroro

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012

I actually received my GCMS note exactly June 15th all stages have been passed even security expect my eligibility that says RECOMMEND INTERVIEW .

This prompted me to quickly send my updated reference letter to the immigration lawyer knowing that he never submitted it with my application.

But he never raised a webform to update my reference letter, I think it was glaring that it was the reference letter that lead to refusal couple with the ground for refusal on the letter of refusal. As we all know the importance of reference letter on eligibility stages .

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
I actually received my GCMS note exactly June 15th all stages have been passed even security expect my eligibility that says RECOMMEND INTERVIEW .

This prompted me to quickly send my updated reference letter to the immigration lawyer knowing that he never submitted it with my application.

But he never raised a webform to update my reference letter, I think it was glaring that it was the reference letter that lead to refusal couple with the ground for refusal on the letter of refusal. As we all know the importance of reference letter on eligibility stages .
Ok..its good you got the GCMS, IRCC cannot be predicted as statistics shows that RECOMMEND INTERVIEW mostly ends in approval but strange to see refusal.

What date did you request for gcms and what date were you refused? If gcms was requested before refusal date you need to know that its better to request a new gcms as it would have been updated prior to refusal.

Well its good you know the exact reason for the refusal .
Also did you see any other VO concern in GCMS,check the last pages of gcms notes or pre-assessment section? If yes address it as well.I ask because most refusal letters give just one reason but when GCMS notes are received you see multiple reasons which can be addressed in a second application.
Also ensure your CV is in line with IRCC NOC for the role.
Also your work reference letter needs to have some work tasks corresponding to ircc noc for the job you applied for else it will still not demonstrate ability to do the job.
All the best.

Last edited:

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
Ok..its good you got the GCMS, IRCC cannot be predicted as statistics shows that RECOMMEND INTERVIEW mostly ends in approval but strange to see refusal.
I applied in June 2020 for Closed work permit with owner operator LMIA.

got ATIP notes in October 2020 and under Assessments, Eligibility: Its empty and nothing is written there.

in December 2020 i got Request letter with documents they need, i provided all the documents and it was very basic documents requirement.

i applied for ATIP notes again in April 2021 and under Assements, Eligibility It says "Recommend interview"

Would you say that Eligibility changing to "Recommend interview" is a good sign?

Further, i notice one more change. october 2020 ATIP notes says, info sharing "Complete" but Apr 2021 ATIP notes says, info sharing "in progress"

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
I applied in June 2020 for Closed work permit with owner operator LMIA.

got ATIP notes in October 2020 and under Assessments, Eligibility: Its empty and nothing is written there.

in December 2020 i got Request letter with documents they need, i provided all the documents and it was very basic documents requirement.

i applied for ATIP notes again in April 2021 and under Assements, Eligibility It says "Recommend interview"

Would you say that Eligibility changing to "Recommend interview" is a good sign?

Further, i notice one more change. october 2020 ATIP notes says, info sharing "Complete" but Apr 2021 ATIP notes says, info sharing "in progress"
Info sharing can change its not an issue.The major thing is Eligibility.

Yes RECOMMEND INTERVIEW is always a good sign.
Also requesting for additional document is a good sign because they have spotted something missing,some VO may not have time for additional document request and will rather make a final decision

Last edited:

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
Info sharing can change its not an issue.The major thing is Eligibility.

Yes RECOMMEND INTERVIEW is always a good sign.
Also requesting for additional document is a good sign because they have spotted something missing,some VO may not have time for additional document request and will rather make a final decision based on documents they have.

From what you said your last gcms was in April 2021. If gcms was requested before refusal date you need to know that its better to request a new gcms as it would have been updated prior to refusal.
Gcms notes give better details than refusal letter.
Most refusal letters give just one reason but when GCMS notes are received you see multiple reasons which can be addressed in a second application.
my application is not refused, its still pending. infact i got new medical request on July 31st

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
my application is not refused, its still pending. infact i got new medical request on July 31st
Oh sorry for the mix up
Recommend interview is a good sign.
Medical request is sn extra positive sign that confirms all is OK.
Just prepare ro get passport request as soon as you submit medicals.
Congratulations in advance.

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
Oh sorry for the mix up
Recommend interview is a good sign.
Medical request is sn extra positive sign that confirms all is OK.
Just prepare ro get passport request as soon as you submit medicals.
Congratulations in advance.
Thanks, i hope this time it comes through. All things are looking positive, waiting for last 14 months. Medical was done and submitted 2 days ago. Will keep everyone posted.

By the way, i got refusal in April 2020 and we got ATIP notes and notice it was because of our own fault and we didn't provide proper documents (IELTS, Work experience letter, etc) So June 2020 we applied with everything right and Dec 2020 we got extra document request, which i thought was very positive.

Anyways, thanks again

muyiroro

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012

What date did you request for gcms and what date were you refused? If gcms was requested before refusal date you need to know that its better to request a new gcms as it would have been updated prior to refusal.

Well its good you know the exact reason for the refusal .
Also did you see any other VO concern in GCMS,check the last pages of gcms notes or pre-assessment section? If yes address it as well.I ask because most refusal letters give just one reason but when GCMS notes are received you see multiple reasons which can be addressed in a second application.
Also ensure your CV is in line with IRCC NOC for the role.
Also your work reference letter needs to have some work tasks corresponding to ircc noc for the job you applied for else it will still not demonstrate ability to do the job.
All the best.
I received the GCMS note on the 15th of June the refusal come on the 28th of July.

every other stages our good no VO comments honestly every thing look good I guessed if the lawyer submitted my reference letter as I have sent it to him with the GCMS note they would have change the refusal BUT he never act on it.

He just replied my that he’s still expecting updates from IRCC .