+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

Cyfa

Nov 7, 2019
My timeline and waiting for update..

Upfront Medicals: 1st July
Application Submission: 2nd July
Medical Updated by hospital: 12th July
Biometric Submission: 12th July (Chennai) same day it got attached to application

Waiting for PPR..
Any update on your file? Is your application single or family is involved too? Mine is with my spouse open work permit. May be that is causing delay

cvkk2010

Jun 10, 2021
Any update on your file? Is your application single or family is involved too? Mine is with my spouse open work permit. May be that is causing delay
No update in my application, also I have different issue my dependent’s upfront medicals are linked in GCkey whereas mine is not.. No idea whether it is technical glitch or something else.

All our application have status as “Background Check in progress”

Even i applied SOWP for my wife and visitor for my kid..

Cyfa

Nov 7, 2019
No update in my application, also I have different issue my dependent’s upfront medicals are linked in GCkey whereas mine is not.. No idea whether it is technical glitch or something else.

All our application have status as “Background Check in progress”

Even i applied SOWP for my wife and visitor for my kid..
yup spouse and kid application for me too. But no updates as company attorney is handling my application.

cvkk2010

Jun 10, 2021
yup spouse and kid application for me too. But no updates as company attorney is handling my application.

Same here yesterday i asked the status on my medicals that’s when i got to know my application status where they sent me the snapshot of progress..

muyiroro

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Did the VO forgot that we applied for work permit or they are sleeping?
The same questions every body is asking, IRCC said temporary work permit falls under essential but I haven’t see any PPR in other Noc except tech Noc level O and A that is 2 weeks timeline. So what happen to other categories of Noc.

If not for GCMS note I requested for I wouldn’t have known the status of my application is exactly 46 weeks 3days without any update likewise other applicant. I don’t know what’s essential there when application will be for one year before any update.

I know of a person who submitted his work permit application Nov 2019 exactly one year Nov 2020 IRCC now requested for updated job offer the employer was fed up with the whole process that was how the person loose that opportunity.

I hope IRCC will respond to us on time before employer begins to change their mind

jeeneet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Nothing yet. Last ghost update was on 15 July 2021. 3 weeks ago I was informed that my file is in que for reveiew and is delayed due to covid
Yes, I understand that most of our files are in queue. But how come from that queue ( not even 25 SOWP applications from India ) not being processed in the last one month.

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Yes, I understand that most of our files are in queue. But how come from that queue ( not even 25 SOWP applications from India ) not being processed in the last one month.
You are correct. However, based on current travel restrictions for tourists, it is likely they will start reviewing work permit application once pending students visas in bulk are released

Reactions: muyiroro

jeeneet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
You are correct. However, based on current travel restrictions for tourists, it is likely they will start reviewing work permit application once pending students visas in bulk are released
Yes, we hope so. And there are SOWP applications that are pending since early 2020 where interviews are recommended and no further course of action taken. Doesn't likely in a mood to process these pending onces. For sure IRCC will wait for the study program to get over and find a reason to refuse. Moreover many such applications were withdrawn after the long wait and frustration. I think more important is to give a proper timeline. Similar to the students' application where they mentioned that files logged on or before May 15th will most likely receive their decision by August 6th. There should be proper timeline communicated. Mentioning 19 weeks on the website and there are applicants waiting for more than 70 weeks does not make any sense.

Last edited: