+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

pyramid7799

Star Member
May 23, 2021
Work permit processing time for India has increased to now 20 weeks and has been increasing every week. Looks like WP are not been worked upon. Any one got WP approval in last 10 days ?

Last edited:

Mtille

May 28, 2020
Yes, it is frustrating, there is no choice but to wait. There are so many of us who have applied well before you in 2020 and have not got any traction because of the Pandemic and Border closure. Hang in there.
Yes we had to. We have no other choice but to wait. Just felt really frustrating. Some of applicant i knew start getting approval after only a month or 2. But mine it’s been 7 months.

Ivanco

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
Latest update for work permit processing time for Nigerians been reduced from 34weeks to 28weeks as @ today 6th July. I'm pretty sure we all will smile soonest
Yessoooo and we all can't wait,pls let's all update here once we hear anything from them.

rajkumarl

Star Member
Feb 9, 2020
Yes we had to. We have no other choice but to wait. Just felt really frustrating. Some of applicant i knew start getting approval after only a month or 2. But mine it’s been 7 months.
I'm waiting for 10 months now. and another 6 months before that for LMIA.

Rehman@phd

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
Hello,

Previously I applied visitor visa for my kids but today I got email that I need to do additional payement and also apply for study permit for kids. I can see in my GCKey the payement reciept upload section but cannot upload or change new study permit application pack for my kids.

Do I need to upload here or make changes in my profile?

How can I do it?

rajkumarl

Star Member
Feb 9, 2020
Hello,

Previously I applied visitor visa for my kids but today I got email that I need to do additional payement and also apply for study permit for kids. I can see in my GCKey the payement reciept upload section but cannot upload or change new study permit application pack for my kids.

Do I need to upload here or make changes in my profile?

How can I do it?
Hi Rahman.
As far as I know, you need to apply for a study permit for the kids and that a separate application and you will make payment under the application. CAD 150 is the fee per child.

Rehman@phd

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
Hi Rahman.
As far as I know, you need to apply for a study permit for the kids and that a separate application and you will make payment under the application. CAD 150 is the fee per child.
Thank you for the response. Please for my understand I want to know more.
1. I already applied visitor visa. So what to do with that?
2. I paid already 100 CAD and today paid 50 CAD more. So payement is ok.
3. How I will upload the study permit? Like I have to make seperate GCKey account for my kids? Or can be done in this my GCKey account?

Thank you in advance.

W8nForever

Jun 7, 2021
Work permit processing time for India has increased to now 20 weeks and has been increasing every week. Looks like WP are not been worked upon. Any one got WP approval in last 10 days ?
Even I am tracking this timeline.. Hoping it remains stable or decrease.. But keeps on rising.. Week after week. I am in my 20th week as well.. Keeping fingers crossed.

Amninder93

Jun 22, 2021
Hello all, I have applied for closed work permit. Below is my timeline.
Upfront medical done: 19-JAN-2021
Application submitted: 03-FEB-2021
Biometric done: 07-FEB-2021
Medical updated & Eligibility started: 06-JULY-2021.
Now waiting for final decision. Hope it will come soon as per current trend, people getting their decisions in a week after medical updating & eligibility starting. Fingers crossed

Reactions: Mtille

pyramid7799

Star Member
May 23, 2021
Hello all, I have applied for closed work permit. Below is my timeline.
Upfront medical done: 19-JAN-2021
Application submitted: 03-FEB-2021
Biometric done: 07-FEB-2021
Medical updated & Eligibility started: 06-JULY-2021.
Now waiting for final decision. Hope it will come soon as per current trend, people getting their decisions in a week after medical updating & eligibility starting. Fingers crossed
Which country have you applied from ? ICT or LMIA based ? All have an impact on the overall timeline.

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
Guys I got this update on my online GCKey.
Review of additional documents: Review of additional documents July 6, 2021 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.

Any idea who much time do they take for decision?
i got request to submit additional documents on Dec 10 2020. i Submitted the documents on December 14 and i got update "We are reviewing the additional documents you provided" in 2-3 days. Its been 7 months since then and no update.

i applied from india. i hope this helps