+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

bhisham

Star Member
Sep 4, 2011
Dear All,

Due to covid cases & stopped upfront medical in April/May months now designated medical center are overloaded and giving appointments of August if you book it today. I got the date of 20th July for upfront medical in my case.

My all papers are completed and ready to submit the application for Work permit but now i am in confusion that whether should i submit the application now and get the medical done on 20th July or wait for medical to be done first and then submit overall application with medical.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Bhisham

rajkumarl

Star Member
Feb 9, 2020
almost 2 weeks from the second chest x-ray and no update yet. Sometimes it's getting really frustrating this whole process. :confused:
Yes, it is frustrating, there is no choice but to wait. There are so many of us who have applied well before you in 2020 and have not got any traction because of the Pandemic and Border closure. Hang in there.

Reactions: Mtille

Rehman@phd

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
Guys I got this update on my online GCKey.
Review of additional documents: Review of additional documents July 6, 2021 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.

Any idea who much time do they take for decision?

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Dear All,

Due to covid cases & stopped upfront medical in April/May months now designated medical center are overloaded and giving appointments of August if you book it today. I got the date of 20th July for upfront medical in my case.

My all papers are completed and ready to submit the application for Work permit but now i am in confusion that whether should i submit the application now and get the medical done on 20th July or wait for medical to be done first and then submit overall application with medical.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Bhisham
If your job is LMIA exempt and qualify for work permit process in 2 weeks under GSS, I suggest you submit your complete application including upfront medical and police certificates.

Recently one of the forum member recieved work permit decision within 2-3 weeks after submission of complete application.

zzzman

Sep 3, 2020
Canada
Guys I got this update on my online GCKey.
Review of additional documents: Review of additional documents July 6, 2021 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.

Any idea who much time do they take for decision?

No one can really say how much time will they take for processing.
I know people with LMIA-exempt WP applications, who are waiting for over a year for a decision.
My own application (LMIA-based WP) is under processing since early 2020.

Last edited: