+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

Smartn

Jun 12, 2021
For work permit application, having done medical and biometrics ,will police clearance document be demanded too before ppr. My aor is June 1st ,and I am applying from Nigeria under lmia exempt

Last edited:

RohiniAadi

Jun 19, 2021
Hi Guys;

My lmia timeline is below.
Submission to Authorities
17/03/2020
done

Issue to Applicant
26/06/2020

My Representive applied work permit on 15/07/2020 and got biometric invitation letter 16/07/2020. I just have submitted my biometric on 22/07/2020. Are there any others that are waiting final decision and applied work is not requiring medical exam and not lived medical exam required countries in last one year? And how much time you were waiting?
Am in same boat...
Do you get further update

ezechem24

Mar 6, 2020
For work permit application, having done medical and biometrics ,will police clearance document be demanded too before ppr. My aor is June 1st ,and I am applying from Nigeria under lmia exempt
Yes you will need PCC. It is part of the local visa office requirements.

DeeUzo

May 10, 2021
Any news on our work permit application?? The silence from IRCC is getting out of hand. Kindly share any useful information you got recently regards when they will start getting back to us.

muyiroro

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
I received my GCMS note last week Friday below are my details:

Eligibility: Recommend Interview
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Bio Passed
Org Crime:
Medicals: Passed
Misrep:
Order req:
Info Sharing: Complete
Final :
Counterfoil Req: Y

I remember that I didn’t submit work reference letter cos I submitted my application during lockdown. I only submitted my salary account statement of account, payment stubs and my trade certificate of competency.

Now my reference letter from my employer is with now which I want to raise a webform to submit. I guessed that is why my eligibility was recommended for interview.

Reactions: olypompin

olypompin

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020

Security:
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrep:
Order req:
Final :

I remember that I didn’t submit work reference letter cos I submitted my application during lockdown. I only submitted my salary account statement of account, payment stubs and my trade certificate of competency.

Now my reference letter from my employer is with now which I want to raise a webform to submit. I guessed that is why my eligibility was recommended for interview.
Boss am just seeing this . Congrats in advance most recommend interview applications are always approved.At least ,you now know the stage your app is.

Reactions: muyiroro

muyiroro

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
That's serious.Mine is almost 42weeks
Mine is 41 weeks 2 days I submitted my application on 5th September 2020.

I want to suggest you order GCMS note so that you can know what is actually happening to your application. It was when I received my GCMS note I discovered my eligibility is recommended for interview

Reactions: olypompin

olypompin

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020

Security:
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrep:
Order req:
Final :

Pls your GCMS note spent how many days before you receive it?

olypompin

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020
Mine is 41 weeks 2 days I submitted my application on 5th September 2020.

I want to suggest you order GCMS note so that you can know what is actually happening to your application. It was when I received my GCMS note I discovered my eligibility is recommended for interview
I requested for my GCMS note on 20th of May so am expecting it .Am always on study visa thread on naira land so l learnt that recommend interview probably means the app is with a senior officer for second review and most times applications are being approved.a Seen so many instances on that thread.

May 31, 2021
Am in same boat...
Do you get further update
Very similar situation. My employer legal representative applied work permit on 22/Jan/2021, got Biometric completed on 2/Feb/2021 and Medical passed on 6/Apr/2021. Since then, not seen further progress. IRCC says current processing time: 15 weeks for WP applications from India. God ONLY knows, how long wait....further going to be...

muyiroro

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
I requested for my GCMS note on 20th of May so am expecting it .Am always on study visa thread on naira land so l learnt that recommend interview probably means the app is with a senior officer for second review and most times applications are being approved.a Seen so many instances on that thread.
Thanks boss , I pray they approve it on time. Should I still raise a webform or I should wait?