+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

kashy885

Oct 28, 2020
We are in this together o.Mine was September 3rd 2020.The web form l raised last week, below was there response.

Good day,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Kindly be assured that your application has been received and is currently in process. As soon as processing has been completed, or if additional information is required, you will be notified via your online account.

Regards,

The previous ones have raised it's always under active review now is in process.Dont even understand all there terms.
They responded to my webform for the first time today. I changed my address and they acknowledged that my records have been updated and that my file is currently in Nairobi.

Reactions: muyiroro

muyiroro

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
They responded to my webform for the first time today. I changed my address and they acknowledged that my records have been updated and that my file is currently in Nairobi.
IRCC is working under ground waiting for the time the restrictions would be lifted before they will update all GCKEY account . Many applicant have all stages on GCMS but refused to update it on GCKEY account.

muyiroro

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
IRCC is working under ground waiting for the time the restrictions would be lifted before they will update all GCKEY account . Many applicant have all stages on GCMS but refused to update it on GCKEY account.
I mean they’ve passed all stages on GCMS note

muyiroro

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
How do you that? Is there anyway to find out GCMS notes? I heard that in India they are still stuck at Aug-Sept 2020 applications. I am not sure if they prioritise LMIA-exempt (postdoc) or similar work permit.
I think they prioritise Noc O and A and Noc under Gss or Gst their visa is 2 weeks processing.

pyramid7799

Star Member
May 23, 2021
Anyone know of a case filed from India under LMIA / GSS filed in last 6 months getting the approval? I doubt it. Only ICT/GSS are getting approved but not LMIA based cases. LMIAs are valid for 6 months, not sure if extension would be needed again. Hoping that the migration sections of Chandigarh and Bangalore get operational sooner. Somehow the timelines mentioned are not adding up with people waiting at least on this forum.

May 31, 2021
For LMIA based work permit, my biometrics completed on 2nd Feb 2021 and Medical passed on 6th Apr 2021. Since then no further update received by my legal counsel, who is handing my (+family) application. This is the response I got when I raised a query about "LMIA validity".

“The 6 month validity (extend it to nine months during Covid) simply defines the timeframe within which one has to apply for a work permit. It does not define the time within which the work permit has to be approved or within which one has to arrive in Canada. As we applied for the work permit well before that time frame expired, all good. There is absolutely nothing to worry about"

pyramid7799

Star Member
May 23, 2021
For LMIA based work permit, my biometrics completed on 2nd Feb 2021 and Medical passed on 6th Apr 2021. Since then no further update received by my legal counsel, who is handing my (+family) application. This is the response I got when I raised a query about "LMIA validity".

“The 6 month validity (extend it to nine months during Covid) simply defines the timeframe within which one has to apply for a work permit. It does not define the time within which the work permit has to be approved or within which one has to arrive in Canada. As we applied for the work permit well before that time frame expired, all good. There is absolutely nothing to worry about"
Appreciate the clarification. Which country have you applied from ?

May 31, 2021
Work Permit (from outside Canada) category. i.e., India. Does any one of similar applicants know currently, which lot of applications being processed by IRCC?

HSpb

May 22, 2021
owner operator LMIA based work permit
NOC 0125
Applied on June 24 2020
Medical passed - September 18 2020
Additional documents Request - Dec 11 2020
Additional documents submitted Dec 14 2020
No update since then

Raised 3 web forms, got 1 reply just standard response that your application is in process and delay is due to covid.
Any update??