+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

muyiroro

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
We all have to be patient,I know some people from Nigeria that applied March,April and even May and are yet to get their medical request.
All we can do is to keep on praying,raising webforms,order GCMS note if you can and if possible get an expedite letter from your Canadian employer and please don't forget to share if you hear anything.

But what I don’t really understand is :

1. Is IRCC stopped or paused Nigeria temporary work permit or

2. Nigeria applicants traffic is as much that they can not process within the speculated time?

DeeUzo

May 10, 2021
But what I don’t really understand is :

1. Is IRCC stopped or paused Nigeria temporary work permit or

2. Nigeria applicants traffic is as much that they can not process within the speculated time?
I'm not sure Canadian employer can do anything in making the process fast. Please you can correct me if is possible

muyiroro

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
I'm not sure Canadian employer can do anything in making the process fast. Please you can correct me if is possible
Employer have little or no influence in visa processing, they do process process Noc O and A faster than other Noc . Provinces have power to write IRCC to fast tract foreign workers visa process if they have man power shortage in their provinces.

Reactions: DeeUzo

cabledude

May 23, 2021
Hi Everyone, my spouse and I have a post March 18 COPR and a valid Visa and I'm the primary applicant. My spouse also just got a job offer from a Canadian company and has a brother who is a PR.
Can someone please advise on what steps I need to take to travel with my wife.

muyiroro

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Hi Everyone, my spouse and I have a post March 18 COPR and a valid Visa and I'm the primary applicant. My spouse also just got a job offer from a Canadian company and has a brother who is a PR.
Can someone please advise on what steps I need to take to travel with my wife.
I want to suggest your spouse should request for letter of authorization for you from IRCC cos with your spouse offer letter she has fall under essential and she will be eligible to enter Canada . I would also suggest you seek advice from registered immigration lawyer for proper guide.

Reactions: DeeUzo

cabledude

May 23, 2021
I want to suggest your spouse should request for letter of authorization for you from IRCC cos with your spouse offer letter she has fall under essential and she will be eligible to enter Canada . I would also suggest you seek advice from registered immigration lawyer for proper guide.
Thanks

adwance

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
There is speculation that all LMIA based permits are not being processed, any one have any more information on this ? Thanks in advance

adwance

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
I arrived on a LMIA based WP 4 weeks ago so they are certainly issuing them in London.
How long was processing from Application submission ? The Nairobi office definitely has delays. I am at 23 weeks and counting.GCMS delayed as well. It's just a long time to put things on hold

DeeUzo

May 10, 2021
I arrived on a LMIA based WP 4 weeks ago so they are certainly issuing them in London.
Wow wow congratulations. Please kindly share your timeline so it can encourage us that are still waiting to hear from IRCC and also tell us the country where you applied from.

Wiggy

Dec 16, 2020
How long was processing from Application submission ? The Nairobi office definitely has delays. I am at 23 weeks and counting.GCMS delayed as well. It's just a long time to put things on hold
my LMIA was approved in early January and the work permit application went in late February. Had my Biometrics in early March and got the WP on the 1st week of April and then travelled on April 30th.

sourabhtheone

Apr 4, 2019
Has anyone who applied in 2021 and got their regular (non-GSS, non PGWP) work-permit (e.g., LMIA/SOWP, etc.) approved from India? Please share your timelines.