+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

Jshan

Apr 17, 2021
Category........
WP
Hi everyone

I hope everyone are doing well.

I applied for employer specific work permit with LMIA from India on June 22 2020 with an upfront medical. Got biometrics request the next day on June 24 2020. Enrolled my biometrics on oct 14 2020 at Dubai VFS and it was updated in the portal the same day. Since then there is no update on my portal.

The wait is endless, annoying and so depressing. Is anyone in the same boat. Has anyone got their Visa approved recently with similar time line, please leave a reply.

1.) Review of eligibility:- we are reviewing whether you meat the eligibility requirement.

2.) Review of medical results:- you don’t need a medical exam. we will send you a message if this changes.

3.) Review of additional documents:- we don’t need additional documents.

4.) Interview:- you don’t need an interview.we will send you a message if this changes.

5.) Biometrics:- October 14 2020. Completed.

6.) Background Check:- We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if this changes.

7.)Final Decision:- your application is in process. we will send you a message once the final decision is made.

All your replies are much appreciated.

Thanks.

agnelsavery

Star Member
Apr 11, 2021
India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Chennai
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-03-2021
Hi everyone

I hope everyone are doing well.

I applied for employer specific work permit with LMIA from India on June 22 2020 with an upfront medical. Got biometrics request the next day on June 24 2020. Enrolled my biometrics on oct 14 2020 at Dubai VFS and it was updated in the portal the same day. Since then there is no update on my portal.

The wait is endless, annoying and so depressing. Is anyone in the same boat. Has anyone got their Visa approved recently with similar time line, please leave a reply.

1.) Review of eligibility:- we are reviewing whether you meat the eligibility requirement.

2.) Review of medical results:- you don’t need a medical exam. we will send you a message if this changes.

3.) Review of additional documents:- we don’t need additional documents.

4.) Interview:- you don’t need an interview.we will send you a message if this changes.

5.) Biometrics:- October 14 2020. Completed.

6.) Background Check:- We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if this changes.

7.)Final Decision:- your application is in process. we will send you a message once the final decision is made.

All your replies are much appreciated.

Thanks.
on your biometrics request letter , how long were you given to enroll biometrics ?

Jshan

Apr 17, 2021
Category........
WP
on your biometrics request letter , how long were you given to enroll biometrics ?
I had 90 days to give my biometrics. However I enrolled after 90 days as the VACs in India was closed at that time. IRCC extended the validity automatically until the VACs open in our countries soon after the 90 days due to the closure of VACs in India. That’s why I travelled to Dubai to enroll my biometrics in October with the same letter but for my safety I emailed VFS Dubai and made sure I can use the same biometrics instructions letter to enroll mine. That was completely acceptable.

agnelsavery

Star Member
Apr 11, 2021
India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Chennai
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-03-2021
I had 90 days to give my biometrics. However I enrolled after 90 days as the VACs in India was closed at that time. IRCC extended the validity automatically until the VACs open in our countries soon after the 90 days due to the closure of VACs in India. That’s why I travelled to Dubai to enroll my biometrics in October with the same letter but for my safety I emailed VFS Dubai and made sure I can use the same biometrics instructions letter to enroll mine. That was completely acceptable.
If IRCC extended the timeline then it’s absolutely fine. Maybe try a webform or apply for GCMS notes about your case

Jshan

Apr 17, 2021
Category........
WP
If IRCC extended the timeline then it’s absolutely fine. Maybe try a webform or apply for GCMS notes about your case
Will get in touch with my lawyer and proceed further with a web form or gcms.

Thanks for the reply and advice. Have a nice day.

Reactions: agnelsavery

muyiroro

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Will get in touch with my lawyer and proceed further with a web form or gcms.

Thanks for the reply and advice. Have a nice day.
I would suggest you apply for GCMS note cos you won’t get in-depth status of your application through webform. I’ve sent 5 webform so far is the same generic response they are sending to me that the application is under “Active Review “.

Jshan

Apr 17, 2021
Category........
WP
I would suggest you apply for GCMS note cos you won’t get in-depth status of your application through webform. I’ve sent 5 webform so far is the same generic response they are sending to me that the application is under “Active Review “.
Hi thanks for you reply. As I can see from the previous comments applying gcms before Medicals getting updated is of no use and waste of time and money. Looks like my file has not even been opened ever since the biometrics was updated. I have raised a web form now and see if there is any positive response. Then I will ask my lawyer to apply for gcms notes like you said.

thanks again

Mykematt

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
A so-called ex-immigration officer said uploading that section alone would do. Now that I’m reading your response and others here, I am now tensive because I have done as he suggested. I printed the relevant page, upon filling it, to pdf. Had about 2 pages for me and 3 for my wife. Hopefully, he is right and they don’t ask me to reupload it. Or worst deny me as a result. Hahaha.
Just got the email not so long. Approved. I guess the ex-immigration officer does know what he’s talking about then.

AOR- March 23
Biometric- March 26
Medical Passed- March 30
Request for Additional Info- April 8
Additional Info Uploaded- April 9
Passport Request- April 20

LMIA exempt
Applied from South Africa

Mtille

May 28, 2020
Just got the email not so long. Approved. I guess the ex-immigration officer does know what he’s talking about then.

AOR- March 23
Biometric- March 26
Medical Passed- March 30

LMIA exempt
Wow that was fast! May i know your NOC please? My application been 4 months already.

eo93

Star Member
Oct 12, 2020

AOR- March 23
Biometric- March 26
Medical Passed- March 30

LMIA exempt
Hi. Congrats. I've also applied for a lmia-exempt work permit in the middle of March. Do you know your processing office? Was it Edmonton? If it was not written you can guess based on the time (Canada time or your local time) you've received your PPR.

Mykematt

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
Hi. Congrats. I've also applied for a lmia-exempt work permit in the middle of March. Do you know your processing office? Was it Edmonton? If it was not written you can guess based on the time (Canada time or your local time) you've received your PPR.
I received my PPR 23h00 my local time (SAST) which is 5h00 EST. In addition, the correspondence letter I got (not the PPR) that explains some things about my biometrics (valid for other temporary residence applications but not permanent residence one) was signed by someone in Edmonton. So, given these two, we can conclude the processing office was Edmonton not South Africa.

Mtille

May 28, 2020
Hi all i hope someone can help me with this. After 4 weeks of waiting for my medical pass I received an email from clinic that IRCC is requiring me to do more test and they did not explain what type they just said the doctor will explain as i got into the clinic. I am feeling nervous right now. Did someone experience the same? Or know if it’s something serious?

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Hi all i hope someone can help me with this. After 4 weeks of waiting for my medical pass I received an email from clinic that IRCC is requiring me to do more test and they did not explain what type they just said the doctor will explain as i got into the clinic. I am feeling nervous right now. Did someone experience the same? Or know if it’s something serious?
It means that more in depth examination (Health Checkup) needs to be done( Which they doubt about) to reach a conclusion.

Stay Positive!

eo93

Star Member
Oct 12, 2020
I received my PPR 23h00 my local time (SAST) which is 5h00 EST. In addition, the correspondence letter I got (not the PPR) that explains some things about my biometrics (valid for other temporary residence applications but not permanent residence one) was signed by someone in Edmonton. So, given these two, we can conclude the processing office was Edmonton not South Africa.
Thanks for your detailed answer. Understood. I think that most postdocs (if you are) are processing in the Edmonton office.