+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

priyankaps

Nov 18, 2020
Hi Guys, I have submitted work permit application on 21 October 2020 from India but haven't received biometric request letter yet. I read online that this gets generated within 24 hours in case of online application. Could you please provide some insights on this and what should I do next?

Arjun2304

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
My GCMS notes says everything is passed and final decision approved still not received PPR ,is any one in same situation

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
You need to attach bank statement for the last three months minimum duly attested by bank official alongwith stamp.

As i previously said, Net Wealth Report is always advised to put more weigh on your financials.

I hope it helps.
Thanks for the reply. I am in Canada on Employer work permit & and will be applying SOWP for my wife & 1 year old Child,
so my query is Do I need to also show funds in my account here in Canada? as I will be showing my 3 Payslips/pay stubs.

Thanks,

Mahsa-Nor

Jan 29, 2021
Hi everybody
we have submitted our WP application on September 15th, we are a couple applying and we have had our biometrics done before for other applications. It's already more than 4 months since the submission and we got no update for medical or anything else. Since the delay is getting frustrating for us I'm wondering if anybody has a similar experience in this procedure or advice to share with me?
Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everybody
we have submitted our WP application on September 15th, we are a couple applying and we have had our biometrics done before for other applications. It's already more than 4 months since the submission and we got no update for medical or anything else. Since the delay is getting frustrating for us I'm wondering if anybody has a similar experience in this procedure or advice to share with me?
Thanks
Processing is backlogged due to Covid and processing depends on where you live. You can check your processing time with the link. Were you applying with a LMIA.

Check processing times - Canada.ca

Mahsa-Nor

Jan 29, 2021
Processing is backlogged due to Covid and processing depends on where you live. You can check your processing time with the link. Were you applying with a LMIA.

Check processing times - Canada.ca
Thanks for your reply. Yes we are applying with LMIA from Iran and based on the website you shared it supposed to be done in 17 weeks and we are already in the 20th week and there is no update yet noting even for the medical exam.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your reply. Yes we are applying with LMIA from Iran and based on the website you shared it supposed to be done in 17 weeks and we are already in the 20th week and there is no update yet noting even for the medical exam.
Have you checked the status of your application as all processing is delayed. Have you raised a webform? Do you both have postive LMIAs or one of you is applying for an open work permit?

Mahsa-Nor

Jan 29, 2021
[QUOTE="Naturgrl, post: 9167319, member: 972004"
Have you checked the status of your application as all processing is delayed. Have you raised a webform? Do you both have postive LMIAs or one of you is applying for an open work permit?
[/QUOTE]
I have already checked the status of the application and there is no further update since confirmation of submission back in September
I am not sure about the second question (what do you mean by raising a webform)
We are the second type and only my husband has an approved LMIA and I am as a dependent applying for open WP
BTW, the application has been submitted by the employer immigration consultant

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
[QUOTE="Naturgrl, post: 9167319, member: 972004"
I have already checked the status of the application and there is no further update since confirmation of submission back in September
We are the second type and only my husband has an approved LMIA and I am as a dependent applying for open WP
[/QUOTE]
Which province as some provinces have cancelled LMIAs because no longer in demand? What NOC?

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Mahsa-Nor

Jan 29, 2021
Which province as some provinces have cancelled LMIAs because no longer in demand? What NOC?

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
[/QUOTE]
BC, NOC 1221

Mtille

May 28, 2020
Hi everybody
Thanks
Hi I also applied for work permit together with my hubby and kids. Although mine is still considered fresh as i only applied this 1st January but after our biometrics there is no further update. We are waiting for our medical request.

Raghav54321

Jan 26, 2021
I will be receiving Lmia in about 2 weeks and will be filling wp for myself and open work permit for my wife. My lmia is under gts category and will be applying wp from New Delhi India. My question is:-
1. Does it take more time for the application if one is closed wp and other open wp?
2. What is the actual time for wp approval?
3. Is FoRm 16 mandatory document to be provided for wp.
4. Has anyone given biometrics from India recently as it has started for wp application as well?
5. If a person is not working currently( already have 7 years experience ) from past 18 months. And have recieved an offer letter and lmia from a reputed company in canada. Will not working and having a gap effect chances of getting work permit.

Last edited:

olypompin

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020
Hi everybody
Thanks
Almost the same time with yours Sep 3 ,2020 but have seen up to 8 ghost update . Eligibility started on 14 of Jan 2021.No medical request ......am just waiting....