Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Thank You for reply, so when you say Application approval mail means email notification that your application is approved as I dint get as you mentioned application status online still shows in progress?

I am asking as I also Got my Biometric correspondence letter on 26th October and online on portal it shows in progress so kind of confuse now what to do next.
Hey don't worry even my application page still shows its in processing. But it's already approved in Gcms.
Also the approval mail i am talking about is i received from IRCC Canada in May when i emailed them to finalize my application ASAP in this email IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
This mail was then used to expedite your application processing.
Also the date you receive your BVL is the date of your application finalization date or counterfoil generation date.
So don't worry. Just wait for the PPR letter.

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
Hey if you received your BVL letter & have not received refusal yet then. I am pleased to say my friend that your application must be approved. Now wait for PPR mail.
Where did you apply from? Your timeline, please.
Employer specific work permit GSS stream

Applied: Apr 2020
Request for additional documents and medical: Sep 2020
Medical Passed October 6th, 2020
Biometric submitted October 20th
BVL - October 26th, 2020

It's just one week from receiving BVL so not sure how soon you get refusals?

My Visa processing office is CPC Edmonton Canada per BVL.

how confident are we when we say if not received refusal yet then chances of approval is more as it's just one week I got it?

VimRawat

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
I called NDVO today. The agent said she does not have any idea when we will be receiving our passport request. Also she did acknowledged the fact that they are dealing with huge backlogs of approved applications & rolling out PPRs to some of them very slowly.
She didn't say much though.
I personally feel that since there are huge backlogs so we might receive the PPR in a timeline of a month or 2. Also, we both are in the same boat in terms of date of application submission. So, one gets it other is in line. Hope we get soon.

Reactions: arunesh.vikram

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Employer specific work permit GSS stream

Applied: Apr 2020
Request for additional documents and medical: Sep 2020
Medical Passed October 6th, 2020
Biometric submitted October 20th
BVL - October 26th, 2020

It's just one week from receiving BVL so not sure how soon you get refusals?

My Visa processing office is CPC Edmonton Canada per BVL.

how confident are we when we say if not received refusal yet then chances of approval is more as it's just one week I got it?
Refusal usually comes in 24 to 48 hours of receiving BVL. I think your's must be approved.

Reactions: VimRawat

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
I personally feel that since there are huge backlogs so we might receive the PPR in a timeline of a month or 2. Also, we both are in the same boat in terms of date of application submission. So, one gets it other is in line. Hope we get soon.
Yeah even i believe in a max of month time maybe end of November. As they will start opening VFS for Biometrics for newer Applications in December in phases that will again create overhead. So they will definitely try to clear as much as possible in this month.
Hope what i am thinking is true. Only time will tell. Let's see.

Reactions: VimRawat

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
Refusal usually comes in 24 to 48 hours of receiving BVL. I think your's must be approved.
I am just trying to understand how come there is Lag between GCMS notes and online portal as it should get updated too right when they approve applications?

As my attorney gets electronic notifications when there is any update and sometimes he checks portal periodically so only option I have is to order GCMS notes.

VimRawat

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
Yeah even i believe in a max of month time maybe end of November. As they will start opening VFS for Biometrics for newer Applications in December in phases that will again create overhead. So they will definitely try to clear as much as possible in this month.
Hope what i am thinking is true. Only time will tell. Let's see.
You are true buddy. Staying positive is actually the best thing. But are you sure they will open Biometrics in December for new applicants?

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
You are true buddy. Staying positive is actually the best thing. But are you sure they will open Biometrics in December for new applicants?
Yes 100% as of now. Reason because i have recently attended IRCC Delhi webinar for students. And they mentioned that January (Winter) intake student visa application will be processed as usual like pre-covid times. Means to say that first they have to give biometric then only their applications is going to be processed. Which indicates that they have to open VFS for Biometrics in upcoming months before January. Otherwise it's impossible for any students from India to join or travel to Canada for their studies in January. Also as IRCC now has allowed students to travel to Canada as they are exempt. Also they are dead serious about Indian students opting Canada as their study destination. So i don't think they gonna close VFS for long.

Reactions: FerasZain

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Guys **Alert**

Another reason to look for our Quarantine plan before we can travel. This might in fact affect our application approval process. So we might have to start looking or contact our Employer for such arrangements.

Source here:

News release
November 2, 2020 - Ottawa, ON - Public Health Agency of Canada
As part of Canada’s efforts to reduce the spread of COVID-19, all travellers are required to provide specific information upon and after entry into Canada. This includes requirements to provide a quarantine plan and contact and travel information. The Government of Canada introduced ArriveCAN in April 2020 to create a secure and user-friendly way to help travellers comply with these border measures. ArriveCAN is available as a mobile app or by signing in online.

Reactions: FerasZain

CanadaWP_2020

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
App. Filed.......
August 1st week
Passport Req..
27 Nov 2020
Do we need medical test when applying from US . Please let me know if you have any idea . Mine is LMIA work permit and SOWP for my wife submitted together in august 2020
Biometrics given in august last week .
i have not received any other response after that .
I am thinking of submitting the medical test upfront .

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
Do we need medical test when applying from US . Please let me know if you have any idea . Mine is LMIA work permit and SOWP for my wife submitted together in august 2020
For USA as far as I know Medical test is exempted.
Check with Immigration attorney once.

jayantsingh

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
If you have not stayed in any "Designated Countries" for 6 months in last 2 years, then you don't need to submit medicals.

jayantsingh

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
Was your LMIA approved under GTS?

deep20

Jul 19, 2020
Guys **Alert**

Another reason to look for our Quarantine plan before we can travel. This might in fact affect our application approval process. So we might have to start looking or contact our Employer for such arrangements.

Source here:

News release
November 2, 2020 - Ottawa, ON - Public Health Agency of Canada
As part of Canada’s efforts to reduce the spread of COVID-19, all travellers are required to provide specific information upon and after entry into Canada. This includes requirements to provide a quarantine plan and contact and travel information. The Government of Canada introduced ArriveCAN in April 2020 to create a secure and user-friendly way to help travellers comply with these border measures. ArriveCAN is available as a mobile app or by signing in online.
I think once any one get ppr then they require the quarantine plan and arrive can application . Because without stamped visa or ppr how can you even justify your travel . But we should talk to our employer/lawyer .