+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Biometric confirmation letter which states that your biometrics was received in so & so date
if you are referring to Biometric Validation Letter (BVL) or Correspondence letter. It gets updated half way through the processing of any application ( i have seen it even takes 3 months for applns submitted from India), in fact mostly they take final decision the same day they send the correspondence letter. Moreover, their website clearly says ' starts the day we receive your complete application'. So, wondering where the confusion is...

sami26

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-10-2022
AOR Received.
09-10-2022
Can you please share the email address on which we can send an email to get any response. Also how to raise a web form ?
DELHI-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

This is the email address.
you can simply google web form Canada immigration and I think you will be redirected there. You have to fill in your application details and then the query. Earlier they used to atleast send an acknowledgment email but these days nothing.

VimRawat

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
I raised several web forms and sent multiple emails regarding my WP, then got one automated reply that my application is approved but still no updates on the portal. After that, my employer from Canada has also sent a support letter to the high commission that my tenure is time-sensitive and the work needs to be started asap. Still, there has been no communication from the visa office.
I called the high commission yesterday and asked about the status of VFS and she said they are trying to open them from next week. Let's hope we all get our visas soon.
How did you call them, number?

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Hi all,
Anyone from India received passport submittion request recently?

Reactions: navdeepchopra

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
I raised several web forms and sent multiple emails regarding my WP, then got one automated reply that my application is approved but still no updates on the portal. After that, my employer from Canada has also sent a support letter to the high commission that my tenure is time-sensitive and the work needs to be started asap. Still, there has been no communication from the visa office.
I called the high commission yesterday and asked about the status of VFS and she said they are trying to open them from next week. Let's hope we all get our visas soon.
You called the high commission in your country? What did you say and where did you find the phone number please?

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Anyone from India got PPR? Or DM recently?

Nish2020

Oct 27, 2020
HI, I submitted my closed work permit application from US in August 1st week , with LMIA approved, biometric not required since given during time of visitor visa earlier. Did any one got recently approved?

thursd

Apr 12, 2020
My application was approved today. I got the biometrics validity letter, and the correspondence letter (IMM5812), but not the passport request. There's no mention of submitting my passport for stamping before entry in the letter, and it says "If you pass the identity check and meet the entry requirements, the BSO will stamp your passport or let you know how long you can stay in Canada." I passed the id check and meet the entry req. Does this mean that I don't need to get my passport stamped before entry, but rather it will be stamped upon arrival at the airport?

ETA: I did some googling about my question and (although there's no definite answer I was able to find) I understand that temporary WP applicants applying from visa-exempt countries don't need to get their passports stamped before arrival. Is this correct?

Last edited:

Nish2020

Oct 27, 2020
My application was approved today. I got the biometrics validity letter, and the correspondence letter (IMM5812), but not the passport request. There's no mention of submitting my passport for stamping before entry in the letter, and it says "If you pass the identity check and meet the entry requirements, the BSO will stamp your passport or let you know how long you can stay in Canada." I passed the id check and meet the entry req. Does this mean that I don't need to get my passport stamped before entry, but rather it will be stamped upon arrival at the airport?

ETA: I did some googling about my question and (although there's no definite answer I was able to find) I understand that temporary WP applicants applying from visa-exempt countries don't need to get their passports stamped before arrival. Is this correct?
Congrats for getting your application approved. Positive news after a long time. Hope mine get approved soon.You applied in early June right? As far as I know you need to get the passport stamped. Airlines will not let you board the flight without the visa stamped on the passport. Do post in the forum once you hear something. Have a great day!!!

thursd

Apr 12, 2020
Congrats for getting your application approved. Positive news after a long time. Hope mine get approved soon.You applied in early June right? As far as I know you need to get the passport stamped. Airlines will not let you board the flight without the visa stamped on the passport. Do post in the forum once you hear something. Have a great day!!!
Thank you! I hope you get the good news soon.

After some more digging, I found this:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/entry-requirements-country.html#us-citizens
If you’re applying for your first study or work permit
We’ll automatically issue you a visa or eTA if you need one and we approve your application. When you travel to Canada make sure you have:
  • your letter of introduction
  • valid passport or travel document
    • if you’re visa-required, it must contain the visa sticker that we put in it
      • if you need an eTA and you’re flying to a Canadian airport, it must be the passport that’s electronically link to your eTA.
So you do need the visa sticker if you're visa-required. But if you're visa-exempt, you don't need to get the sticker.

There was a link to this page on the correspondence letter:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/prepare-arrival.html

Presenting your documents
You must show your Port of Entry (POE) Letter of Introduction to the BSO, along with:
  • your passport
    • your visa (if you need one), and
    • any travel documents you’re carrying (such as airline tickets)
It says you need to present your visa to the BSO if you need one.

I also asked IRCC via web form whether I can get my passport stamped at my local VAC, not the VAC in the country I applied. Their reply said that I will get the correspondence letter, and I must follow the instructions in the letter regarding the passport request. My correspondence letter doesn't mention getting a visa stamp on my passport.

Reactions: Nish2020