+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
I have read in few threads that during pre-covid correspondence letter and ppr would mostly come on same day. Due to that I assumed that my application is almost done and they are just holding my PPR due to covid slowdown
you are right. per trend usually it comes together or in 2-3 days but this year it seems everything is different.

I am also waiting more than month after receiving BVL.

sami26

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-10-2022
AOR Received.
09-10-2022
Hi
Do you have any idea When we will get our introduction letter ( POE) after passport request ? We have sent our passport for stamping but still we haven't get any introduction letter.
I received my POE letter in my online account a day after my passport was dispatched from IRCC after getting visa.

sami26

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-10-2022
AOR Received.
09-10-2022
I have read in few threads that during pre-covid correspondence letter and ppr would mostly come on same day. Due to that I assumed that my application is almost done and they are just holding my PPR due to covid slowdown
The decision is taken almost at the time while issuing BVL but they are holding that decision and not conveying it to the applicant in the recent times. I can say this because I received my BVL on Aug 25, 2020 but I received my approval on Nov 4, 2020. After I received my passport back with visa it clearly states that my visa was issued on Aug 25, 2020. Hence the decision was taken at that time itself but not conveyed.

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
The decision is taken almost at the time while issuing BVL but they are holding that decision and not conveying it to the applicant in the recent times. I can say this because I received my BVL on Aug 25, 2020 but I received my approval on Nov 4, 2020. After I received my passport back with visa it clearly states that my visa was issued on Aug 25, 2020. Hence the decision was taken at that time itself but not conveyed.
Yes you are right but in my case I got BVL on Oct 26th,2020, but no decision yet.

In addition, when i checked portal it states additional document review started on Oct 27th next day so really dont know BVL theory in my case.

they requested additional document and medical in sep 2020.

Medical passed before BVL- Oct 6th, 2020.

vympel001

Oct 23, 2020
Does anyone know what is current processing time for GTS? I am in USA and moving to Canada for a job. Work permit was applied on Nov 2nd. Biometrics already done in a previous visitor visa. Applying with Spouse open work permit.

THe website currently says processing time is 16 weeks but not sure if tthats to be trusted due to COVID. Also, as far as I remember is that GTS is supposed to take only 2 weeks.

jayantsingh

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
Does anyone know what is current processing time for GTS? I am in USA and moving to Canada for a job. Work permit was applied on Nov 2nd. Biometrics already done in a previous visitor visa. Applying with Spouse open work permit.

THe website currently says processing time is 16 weeks but not sure if tthats to be trusted due to COVID. Also, as far as I remember is that GTS is supposed to take only 2 weeks.
Welcome to the gang!!! I applied from USA on Sept 19th and provided my Biometric on Oct 2nd. I have not heard anything to date.
Yes you are right, the normal processing time for WP applied under GTS is 2 week. But that is not applicable now because of COVID.

vympel001

Oct 23, 2020
Super frustrating!!! Did you apply under GTS? Do you have any other data points on GTS application processing timelines. Is there any indication that they are processing these applications faster than normal LMIA work permit applications.

jayantsingh

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
Super frustrating!!! Did you apply under GTS? Do you have any other data points on GTS application processing timelines. Is there any indication that they are processing these applications faster than normal LMIA work permit applications.
Yes, I applied under GTS. My LMIA also said 2 weeks of processing time. But here I am, more than 2 months on and still waiting.
There are no leads about processing time or priority to GTS.

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
Yes, I applied under GTS. My LMIA also said 2 weeks of processing time. But here I am, more than 2 months on and still waiting.
There are no leads about processing time or priority to GTS.
Yes GTS 2 weeks is just bullshit. I am waiting from April 2020. Last update I got was BVL received on Oct 26th, 2020.

They started additional document review on oct 27th, 2020 no update after that. Medical passed before BVL on Oct 6th.

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Finally, received my PPR yesterday. I believe PPRs are being sent for applications submitted from India. My timelines: Online submission in March, BVL in Jul, Approval letter last month & PPR yesterday. Mine is ICT GSS.

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
Finally, received my PPR yesterday. I believe PPRs are being sent for applications submitted from India. My timelines: Online submission in March, BVL in Jul, Approval letter last month & PPR yesterday. Mine is ICT GSS.
Please do share exact date of your application and biometric completion date.

Thanks

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Did anyone receive this msg post ppr email? Will they send the courier instructions after this email?

We are aware you are awaiting further instructions on submitting your passport to The High Commission of Canada. Please note that we are witnessing high volumes of applications at this moment and our teams are doing their best to cater to all customers like yourself.

We request you to bear with us as we are working towards increasing capacities across our Visa Application Centres to meet the high demand.

Customer and employee safety is our top priority. We request you not to visit our Visa Application Centre to submit your passport, to avoid crowding and help us adhere to physical distancing and safety measures at all times.