+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
Hi all,
If one who is outside Canada gets work permit for a job in Canada with employment offer for 3 years period through the international mobility programme (francophone mobility)pathway ,
Must the person complete the 3 years of work with the employer before the person can apply for PR? or after is it accpetable to apply aftern1 year of work?

Also is the person totally attached to the employer who brought the person to Canada for the 3 years duration?

Reactions: FerasZain

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
April 2020 application filed online outside Canada

Additional document req & medical: sep 2020
Medical passed: Oct 6th, 2020
Biometric: Oct 20th, 2020
BVL: Oct 26th, 2020
Additional document review started: Oct 27th, 2020

so is that good sign or bad sign? review started after receiving BVL, per portal, eligibility is also reviewing now.

Medical passed before BVL.

Expert please comment.

Thanks

canadawp.india

Sep 7, 2020

so is that good sign or bad sign? review started after receiving BVL, per portal, eligibility is also reviewing now.

Expert please comment.

Thanks
Hi, did you received this additional document review update today?

Shahbaz042

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017

Expert please comment.

Thanks
Can you please tell which country did you apply from? And what date of April. I am May applicant and haven't received any update so far.

CanadaWP_2020

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
App. Filed.......
August 1st week
Passport Req..
27 Nov 2020

Expert please comment.

Thanks
May I know from which country you have applied the work permit .

canadawp.india

Sep 7, 2020
I raised a webform 2 weeks back requesting status, got an email today with below response saying application still in process.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:

• Submitted by mail (if it was not linkedto an online account):
  • Submitted online orsubmitted by mail and linked to an online account:
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Last edited:

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
I raised a webform requesting status, got an email today with below response saying application still in process.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:

• Submitted by mail (if it was not linked to an online account):
  • Submitted online or submitted by mail and linked to an online account:
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Seems thats Work permits are not their top priority as of now.

I have seen students from July getting decisions but we are not.

Keep waiting

Thanks

canadawp.india

Sep 7, 2020
Seems thats Work permits are not their top priority as of now.

I have seen students from July getting decisions but we are not.

Keep waiting

Thanks
Seems like it.. As some of feb/march applicants receiving ppr I was expecting mine this week or atleast by next week. I thought like when you get BVL then most of the process is done and has to just wait for PPR but surprised to see that it is still in process. Did you raised any webforms and got any response? if yes what kind of response did you received

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
Seems like it.. As some of feb/march applicants receiving ppr I was expecting mine this week or atleast by next week. I thought like when you get BVL then most of the process is done and has to just wait for PPR but surprised to see that it is still in process. Did you raised any webforms and got any response? if yes what kind of response did you received
Nope my attorney sent expedite request email to embassy reiterating that I am essential for Canada lets see now.

Getting BVL does not mean most of the process is done, there are many applicants still waiting for PPR even after 3-4 weeks after receiving ppr.

After BVL your eligibility starts. so lets see now when we can receive final decision now.

canadawp.india

Sep 7, 2020
Nope my attorney sent expedite request email to embassy reiterating that I am essential for Canada lets see now.

Getting BVL does not mean most of the process is done, there are many applicants still waiting for PPR even after 3-4 weeks after receiving ppr.

After BVL your eligibility starts. so lets see now when we can receive final decision now.
I have read in few threads that during pre-covid correspondence letter and ppr would mostly come on same day. Due to that I assumed that my application is almost done and they are just holding my PPR due to covid slowdown