+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

Pbc

May 30, 2013
vmk.. Plz find out if consulate is completely on strike?? It is so worrying ... Hope we see progress...

GML25MAR

May 19, 2013
Hi,

This is what i get this morning:

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received.
An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our
processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is
currently finalizing applications received on March 23, 2013
Immigration Section

Consulate General of Canada

New York, NY, USA

acmd hope you gona here something soon!

acmd

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
I haven't heard anything so far..Am assuming that if I haven't I probably won't hear anything the rest of the day as my impression is the emails are sent in the mornings.

@Luisaviolin I applied online March 23rd.

drnas77

Dec 21, 2012
My wife and I are Indian passport holders who are applying for work permit and also TRV. Our 1-year old son is a US Citizen by birth, and therefore doesn't need a TRV. I am applying online, and the only thing I can do for our son is put his name in our family information forms. There is no other paperwork that I can do for our son. Can anyone please confirm this is correct? Thanks

scorpion181181

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
Hi ,
Did anyone applied in the month of JUNE-2013??Have you heard anything back?
I have applied in Paper application and want to know how do we know our file number please.

Thanks.

Apr02-13

Jun 3, 2013
@drnas77 I think that is correct. I was in a similar situation for my 4 year old son with US passport. My employer applied for my work permit through mail and did not ask for any other paperwork other then the Family information form IMM5645E.

Pbc

May 30, 2013
Drna77.. I was in a similar situation and Hv done exactly what u mentioned .. No separate form

sealy

Jun 21, 2013
Posting on behalf of a friend. He applied for a work permit on Apr 6, and he sent an email enquiry last week (June 24). This is what he received today:
===== =====
Processing has begun on this application and is now in queue for assessment.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on March 23 , 2013
===== =====
He is asking me to share this so that it may help someone here.

Sen_1911

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
sealy said:
Posting on behalf of a friend. He applied for a work permit on Apr 6, and he sent an email enquiry last week (June 24). This is what he received today:
===== =====
Processing has begun on this application and is now in queue for assessment.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on March 23 , 2013
===== =====
He is asking me to share this so that it may help someone here.
Thanks Sealy .

Apr02-13

Jun 3, 2013
@VMK are you at the NYC Canada consulate today? Whats the scene over there? Are the staffers still on strike? I know you are visiting to withdraw you application but you might get lucky and get a work permit instead under urgent processing. Good Luck!