+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawling PR application

Kuru15

Mar 9, 2020
Hello! I have a question about withdrawing a conjugal partner application and its possible effect on a future spousal sponsorship.

I applied to sponsor my partner using the conjugal sponsorship last year and we received a PFL letter in January. I responded to the PFL letter and didn't find out until after responding that the chances of the application being accepted are quite low! We have been waiting for about 5 weeks and still have not received any answer.

Due to our current circumstances I am debating whether if I should submit a withdrawal form for the application. We live in Japan and the corona virus has been spreading quite rapidly in our prefecture and we are worried about becoming stranded if airlines start to cut off flights from Japan.

So I am thinking of just canceling the PR application at this stage. We will then we move to Brazil to start a new spousal application there after we have a marriage ceremony.

I have a few concerns with cancelling at this stage.

1: Will the cancellation effect a future spouse application? Will it be better to wait for a refusal letter?
2: What stage is the application at after the PFL? What type of refund could I expect at this stage?

The PFL stated there was no concerns about the genuineness of our relationship but rather that we could have lived or married during the time. I have read that having a immigration officer already confirm genuineness of the relationship could be beneficial for a future sponsorship.

Also what is the timeline for withdrawal like? A response to the PFL can take months so would a request to withdrawal the application reach them in a timely manner?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Hello! I have a question about withdrawing a conjugal partner application and its possible effect on a future spousal sponsorship.

I applied to sponsor my partner using the conjugal sponsorship last year and we received a PFL letter in January. I responded to the PFL letter and didn't find out until after responding that the chances of the application being accepted are quite low! We have been waiting for about 5 weeks and still have not received any answer.

Due to our current circumstances I am debating whether if I should submit a withdrawal form for the application. We live in Japan and the corona virus has been spreading quite rapidly in our prefecture and we are worried about becoming stranded if airlines start to cut off flights from Japan.

So I am thinking of just canceling the PR application at this stage. We will then we move to Brazil to start a new spousal application there after we have a marriage ceremony.

I have a few concerns with cancelling at this stage.

1: Will the cancellation effect a future spouse application? Will it be better to wait for a refusal letter?
2: What stage is the application at after the PFL? What type of refund could I expect at this stage?

The PFL stated there was no concerns about the genuineness of our relationship but rather that we could have lived or married during the time. I have read that having a immigration officer already confirm genuineness of the relationship could be beneficial for a future sponsorship.

Also what is the timeline for withdrawal like? A response to the PFL can take months so would a request to withdrawal the application reach them in a timely manner?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I’m not sure I completely understand your situation. I’m also not sure your partner qualifies as a conjugal partner. Maybe this may have been the problem in your application?

Anyways, you can certainly withdraw now. I received a PFL in January as well. I sent in a withdrawal letter and sent a whole new application to IRCC immediately after. I received a refund for my Right of permanent residence fee about two or three weeks later.

You (or your partner) need to write a withdrawal letter and SIGN IT BY HAND. Submit the letter through web form. You will get a reply almost immediately. A decision will be made and your application will be withdrawn in a few weeks.

You do not need to wait for the decision to send in a whole new application if you wish to reapply. Just submit the withdrawal letter and reapply. Hope this helps.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If you currently live with your partner, you are not eligible for conjugal partnership and your PR application will be refused. Conjugal partnership is for people who cannot live together and who have immigration barriers to living together either in Canada or in the applicant's country. Unfortunately, this PR application will be refused.

While you can follow @OverIt's instructions on how to withdraw your application, IRCC will not always let you withdraw if the application should instead be refused, but that is typically restricted to misrepresentation cases. You should be able to withdraw.

However, since you are not conjugal, your only real option now is to withdraw and re-apply as common-law or married.

Withdrawing will not have an impact on future applications.

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have a question. I have submitted my application with a minor mistake on the starting date of my last job, which does not affect my score because it overlapped with the previous job.
2018 Feb-2019 April
2018 May-2020 March (this was supposed to be 2019 May -2020 March)

It was an honest mistake that is mentioned correctly in Personal Activities. Also, Immediately when I noticed it I updated it by sending a CSI with a letter of explanation.
My score is 493 so if I withdraw the application I can get an ATI soon. I have one month left in my PGWP.
I do not know how long does it take to cancel and be able to apply again IF that is a good solution for this minor mistake.
My reference letters, records, and everything covers the two+ Canadian work experience. I have read that honest mistakes can be corrected by Web Form, which I did.
Any advice will be appreciated

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

I have a question. I have submitted my application with a minor mistake on the starting date of my last job, which does not affect my score because it overlapped with the previous job.
2018 Feb-2019 April
2018 May-2020 March (this was supposed to be 2019 May -2020 March)

It was an honest mistake that is mentioned correctly in Personal Activities. Also, Immediately when I noticed it I updated it by sending a CSI with a letter of explanation.
My score is 493 so if I withdraw the application I can get an ATI soon. I have one month left in my PGWP.
I do not know how long does it take to cancel and be able to apply again IF that is a good solution for this minor mistake.
My reference letters, records, and everything covers the two+ Canadian work experience. I have read that honest mistakes can be corrected by Web Form, which I did.
Any advice will be appreciated
Wrong section of the forum. This section of the forum is for family class applications.

Sahara18

Jun 25, 2021
Hi Everyone!

We submitted an application under conjugal as to our situation.

*We both lived in Dubai SA(CA citizen) not married and by Law is not allowed to live together. hence, we cant apply for Common Law not spousal. We submitted a notarize letter indicating that It is indeed not allowed to live together if you are couple and not married by Law

We recieve a PFL indicating there that there were no grounds for marriage at all.

We are both single opposite sex and planning to settle down in CA once might get approve.

Yet our concern is we dont want to forcely get married just for the sake of PR.

also my partner is Muslim and im a Christian.

We want free willingly to celebrate covenant without any holds of religious matter.

Whats your thought about it?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone!

*We both lived in Dubai SA(CA citizen) not married and by Law is not allowed to live together. hence, we cant apply for Common Law not spousal. We submitted a notarize letter indicating that It is indeed not allowed to live together if you are couple and not married by Law

We recieve a PFL indicating there that there were no grounds for marriage at all.

We are both single opposite sex and planning to settle down in CA once might get approve.

We want free willingly to celebrate covenant without any holds of religious matter.

You don't meet the requirements for a conjugal application since there is no real barrier to marriage. Unfortunately you should expect the application is going to be refused.

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
Hi Everyone!

By the way for future reference, there's no need to post the same question on multiple threads. :)

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi Everyone!

You are not forced to apply. You can apply after you get married with the "celebrate convenant without any holds of religious matter".

Reactions: MJSPARV