Eligibility Started - 8 Dec 2020
Medical Passed - 8 Jan 2021
Medical Request for Spouse - 11 January 2021
BVL - 18 Feb 2021

Waiting for decision now. :(

sammysammy

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
@jigzyy hello! Do u have any insights when should i recieved my final decision? Applied last year Feb 2020 with complete application including biometrics and medical passed before lockdown. Got my BVL last Jan 21 2021 but it was dated April 29 2020.

Hopenotout98

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
@jigzyy hello! Do u have any insights when should i recieved my final decision? Applied last year Feb 2020 with complete application including biometrics and medical passed before lockdown. Got my BVL last Jan 21 2021 but it was dated April 29 2020.
Where did you apply from? which visa office is your file located? have you tried calling them or sending webform?

sammysammy

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Where did you apply from? which visa office is your file located? have you tried calling them or sending webform?
Philippines. Applied thru an agency so no idea how to raise a webform nor call them for follow-ups. Just want to know what my final decision is... :( anxiety is killing me.

Hopenotout98

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Philippines. Applied thru an agency so no idea how to raise a webform nor call them for follow-ups. Just want to know what my final decision is... :( anxiety is killing me.
This is beyond comprehension, BVL for so many months?

If that is true then this is an insane amount of time, you better take these matters into your own hand and send a webform inquiry or call, these agents etc. could be playing with you, Do you have AIP by any chance?

I recommend you apply for GCMS notes too

sammysammy

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
This is beyond comprehension, BVL for so many months?

If that is true then this is an insane amount of time, you better take these matters into your own hand and send a webform inquiry or call, these agents etc. could be playing with you, Do you have AIP by any chance?
It’s hard to think or to guess what’s taking them so long. They’re just going to release the decision that’s more than a year. Don’t have an AIP coz my agent lodged my application on the month of Feb thru online regular stream

Saaad sahi

Jan 5, 2021
Anyone here who applied for SDS study permit in November 2020?
My profile

I applied 20 november 2020
Bio done 24 November 2020
Bio updated 25 november 2020
Medical done 21 september 2020
Medical updated 22 january 2021
Deffered my intake from january to may intake but haven’t yet uploaded my new LOA in my GC portal.
no response after medical updation.
november applicants can join this group:
Eligibility started a month ago
No response after that

Reactions: Zohaib_tarrar20

Naghman1

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
It was from Abu Dhabi. SDS Pakistan.
My timeline is as follows:
Application Date - 6 Sep 2020
Eligibility Started - 8 Dec 2020
Medical Passed - 8 Jan 2021
Medical Request for Spouse - 11 January 2021
BVL - 18 Feb 2021

Waiting for decision now. :(
When did you give your biometrics?
Why they have requested for your spouse's biometrics, she did not give it with you earlier?

Zohaib_tarrar20

Jun 10, 2020
Lahore
Category........
STUDY
Anyone here who applied for SDS study permit in November 2020?
My profile

I applied 20 november 2020
Bio done 24 November 2020
Bio updated 25 november 2020
Medical done 21 september 2020
Medical updated 22 january 2021
Deffered my intake from january to may intake but haven’t yet uploaded my new LOA in my GC portal.
no response after medical updation.
november applicants can join this group:
Correspondence letter on 1st march

Mehdi009

Mar 3, 2021
Hello everyone,

I applied under SDS in Dec2020, my course had to start in January, as I had got any response from ircc and due to the situation created by covid I had to apply for deferral, as the course I was interested in was not available in May, I applied for September term, this makes my course deferred by more than 150 day.

My dilemma is, as my application was already submitted, my start date of the program has changed by more than150 days, do I need to submit a new application??? Or just the new acceptance letter from college?

Someone was telling me I should submit new application, little confused.

Regards

Farooq Akhtar

Aug 24, 2019
Applied under SDS stream on 4th Dec, 2020
Biometrics done on 7th Dec, 2020
Upfront Medical updated on 6th Jan, 2021
Updated LOA after deferral from Winter to Summer Semester sent on 01st Feb, 2021
No update after that, even my eligibility review hasn't started yet.

Anyone can predict, when will I get the final decision, since I am quite frustrated now.

Mar 4, 2021
Hi. Can u plz guide, how did you transfer Gic Funds? Bank name etc..
okay
Refused the first gonna apply again through SDS here is the letter of explanation i wrote need suggestions as to how can i improve it thanks
Letter of Explanation for 1st refusal

Hello, I would like to write a few words regarding the reasons I was refused the first time I applied for the permit

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I would like to state that I understand the responsibilities of a Canadian study permit holder and a student. My intentions are to complete my bachelor’s degree program, and then leave the country as per the requirements of the study permit. I might also go for higher education but I would never engage in anything that is against the conditions of my study permit. I also have a share in property here in Pakistan and my elder brother, who is also my sponsor and has paid the GIC amount, runs a stable pharmaceuticals family business which I can join and be a part of whenever I desire. My visit to Canada will solely be for acquiring higher education. I understand that I did not provide this much information which could have led to the refusal of my application. I hope that this explanation satisfies you.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

I can understand that the current employment opportunities in Pakistan are extremely competitive. This is one of the main reasons I did not complete my degree from here, since I had the financial backing of my elder brother I decided to transfer to Canadian University after only completing 4 semesters here. I realized having a Canadian degree would give me a huge advantage here in Pakistan and even at the worst case scenario I am still a part of the family business. I am a law abiding citizen of Pakistan and would continue to follow the requirements of my study permit and would never engage in any activities that are against the laws of Canada.

I hope that these answers satisfy you.

Regards,
what happend next